https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_L%C3%A9pine

Maybe this one works
https://gatesofvienna.net/2014/09/who-was-marc-lepine/

Last edited by 673; 12/06/22.
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why is it so many shootings are carried out by Muslims?...more puzzling, why are they covered up by the media?....not puzzled anymore.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cracks in the Liberal caucus, it was expected. I expect similar with the NDP.
The only thing they will understand at this point is they will lose their jobs in some area's of the Country.
Continue to voice your opposition and support where needed.

https://calgarysun.com/news/liberal-mp-criticizes-gun-bill

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good evening my friend, I trust the day was kind to you and you're all well.

This summer when we did a road trip up to Dawson City and caught up a bit with a life long friend in Whitehorse, he mentioned some of the anomalies of the Yukon, such as the highest percentage of firearm owners in Canada but they tend to vote left for the most part, either NDP or Liberal.

His take was that there are so many people involved in the different levels of government there in Whitehorse that it sways the votes left.

I'm not sure exactly, but I'm guessing the constituents maybe were letting the Yukon MP know how they felt? Let's hope so.

All the best to you all this evening.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There is not a peaceful solution to gun grabbers.

LOL
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Still no Redgwell.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fireball2:
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope your part of Oregon is getting decent weather and you're all healthy tonight.

Hopefully it goes without saying that it's my hope and prayer that we're able to negotiate and vote our way out of this, but of course as with all things in life, only time itself will tell.

There is change afoot here on our side of the medicine line, with the 3 prairie provinces flat out refusing to spend "one penny" to fund policing for the feds initiative. That puts them in a bind in more than one way.

Saskatchewan also just passed or is in process of passing laws which will require the feds to jump through a bunch of flaming hoops even if they want to fund the police to do it.

One aspect of Canadian law is that there's a stronger federal power structure for sure, but perhaps their options to get things done are more limited than on the other side of the medicine line if the provinces are disinclined to acquiesce to the feds request.

We do have the RCMP which are a federal police force, but they're hired - thus paid - by all four western provinces to do provincial policing as well. So there's no "extra" constables in a drawer somewhere in Ottawa that could be pulled out to go enforce their wishes.

I will say too that because we've let Quebec vote to stay in confederation or leave, the other provinces appear to also have that right. That might be just dawning on some of the Laurentian elite who've held the power here for most of Canada's history and I suspect it's unsettling them to say the least.

Speaking personally I've been involved in attempting to push back on what I believed were unfair firearm laws for 41 years now and have no inclination to cease and desist now. As I mentioned in another post, I've no intention to go gently into anyone's good night thanks, it's just not how many of us were built or raised either.

Anyways as always I'll say that I believe a sovereign God is absolutely still in control, so my prayer and the prayer I ask for is for wisdom to know what our task as servants truly is.

We're praying for you good folks south of us too of course, if nothing else selfishly because we tend to follow trends begun down there.

All the best to you all this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you Dwayne. Interesting explanation and I wish you all the best as well.

LOL
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Fireball2:
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope your part of Oregon is getting decent weather and you're all healthy tonight.

Hopefully it goes without saying that it's my hope and prayer that we're able to negotiate and vote our way out of this, but of course as with all things in life, only time itself will tell.

There is change afoot here on our side of the medicine line, with the 3 prairie provinces flat out refusing to spend "one penny" to fund policing for the feds initiative. That puts them in a bind in more than one way.

Saskatchewan also just passed or is in process of passing laws which will require the feds to jump through a bunch of flaming hoops even if they want to fund the police to do it.

One aspect of Canadian law is that there's a stronger federal power structure for sure, but perhaps their options to get things done are more limited than on the other side of the medicine line if the provinces are disinclined to acquiesce to the feds request.

We do have the RCMP which are a federal police force, but they're hired - thus paid - by all four western provinces to do provincial policing as well. So there's no "extra" constables in a drawer somewhere in Ottawa that could be pulled out to go enforce their wishes.

I will say too that because we've let Quebec vote to stay in confederation or leave, the other provinces appear to also have that right. That might be just dawning on some of the Laurentian elite who've held the power here for most of Canada's history and I suspect it's unsettling them to say the least.

Speaking personally I've been involved in attempting to push back on what I believed were unfair firearm laws for 41 years now and have no inclination to cease and desist now. As I mentioned in another post, I've no intention to go gently into anyone's good night thanks, it's just not how many of us were built or raised either.

Anyways as always I'll say that I believe a sovereign God is absolutely still in control, so my prayer and the prayer I ask for is for wisdom to know what our task as servants truly is.

We're praying for you good folks south of us too of course, if nothing else selfishly because we tend to follow trends begun down there.

All the best to you all this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne for all of this!

I'll be 87 come Dec 29, and have hoped in the Sovereign God for most of those years - because of Christ Jesus. And, I've been a hunter of sorts for about 70 of 'em. Also a pastor/missionary for 65 of those years. I officially retired two years ago, Jan 1, at age 85.

That was just to introduce myself. My wife and partner is 86 and still quite active. She still teaches a ladies Bible class and drives her own car! We have four of our own, plus 13 grandkids and a dozen or more great-grandkids!

We lived and worked in Quebec (Montreal area) for a couple decades in the Master's business, became fluent in French, trained a young French Canadian pastor to replace us and did a LOT of bible-conference ministry there in both French and English, so have a pretty good handle on the political scene - during the FLQ crisis, etc. We learned to understand, appreciate and love the Quebecers. That's not to say we "love" some of their leaders and current politics out of Ottawa!

Just for interest sake: Our youngest son (Peter) has been a Bible College professor in Saskatchewan, and now in BC for the past 7 years (I think). And two older sons have been missionaries in Africa (both are hunters btw). The oldest became a resident BG hunter in Senegal, and shared a hunt with me when I visited them. All are now living in Ontario and New Brunswick.

All that just to introduce myself for future reference.

Thanks again brother for your comments re the current crisis over the "gun file" that takes God's sovereignty into account.

God bless...

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds more and more like we are going to dodge Trudeau's neurotic Soy Boy bill bullet!

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/08/22.

KB

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KillerBee;
Good morning my northern friend, I hope that the day is a bit brighter on your side of the big hills than it seems to be inclined to be here and that you're all well.

Regarding PM Shiny Pony changing anything at all at this juncture, as always we'll see when the smoke clears and it leaves me with a bunch of unanswered questions and conclusions.

In his excellent breakdown on the nearly 400 pages of amendments your fellow citizen Ian Runkle opined that it wasn't an accident. Murray Smith said as much in committee and Mr. Smith goes way, WAY back as a thorn in the side of anyone and everyone in the Canadian firearms community. I know several of us breathed a sigh when he announced his retirement. I'll refrain from going so far as to wishing ill on anyone KillerBee, but Mr. Smith was playing for an entirely different team shall we say.....

So then why did PM Socks' minions tip their hand and show everyone that yes indeed, they really don't want us to have any firearms whatsoever?

Ian's opinion was that it was possibly a desperate diversionary tactic as they come under fire for mishandling and lying about the Emergencies Act, ArriveCan, CERB payments, you know those little budgetary items.

Maybe he's right? I can't say.

Did they want to shake the tree hard enough to see who will send them emails and write letters? That absolutely would remove all doubt as to who to target with the next phase would it not? That could be handy.....

Are they banking on the average Canadian having an attention span only slightly longer than a squirrel after two cups of espresso?

Perhaps that's the case. We do seem to be more interested in who lost the NHL game last night than the Bank of Canada raising interest rates for the 7th time this year. That little blip on the screen was mentioned last night on Global news and the expert they trotted out said the average family will need to come up with about $18000 just because of that.

No mention of needing another $2500 for the extra federal carbon tax coming online in January. Oh they also polled 1000 of us who still answer polls - and I don't know a single person who does by the way - but anyways those kind souls/soles who still will answer Angus Reid or IPSOS are overwhelmingly bracing for a full blown recession.

Anyway KilllerBee, I'm still not settled in my heart as to the cause behind dropping that huge sweeping amendment, since I do not believe for one instance that the folks pulling PM Socks' strings are remotely as vapid as he is. Far from it in fact.

We'll need to remain vigilant, to keep the pressure on elected officials and doubly so for us in Leftist Lotus Land aka BC for sure.

We'll see, but this is FAR from over in my opinion.

All the best to you folks regardless of the mess however sir. We're still here to contend with them and hopefully will have friends and/or family time in the upcoming Christmas Season.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 12/08/22.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
KillerBee;
Good morning my northern friend, I hope that the day is a bit brighter on your side of the big hills than it seems to be inclined to be here and that you're all well.

Regarding PM Shiny Pony changing anything at all at this juncture, as always we'll see when the smoke clears and it leaves me with a bunch of unanswered questions and conclusions.

In his excellent breakdown on the nearly 400 pages of amendments your fellow citizen Ian Runkle opined that it wasn't an accident. Murray Smith said as much in committee and Mr. Smith goes way, WAY back as a thorn in the side of anyone and everyone in the Canadian firearms community. I know several of us breathed a sigh when he announced his retirement. I'll refrain from going so far as to wishing ill on anyone KillerBee, but Mr. Smith was playing for an entirely different team shall we say.....

So then why did PM Socks' minions tip their hand and show everyone that yes indeed, they really don't want us to have any firearms whatsoever?

Ian's opinion was that it was possibly a desperate diversionary tactic as they come under fire for mishandling and lying about the Emergencies Act, ArriveCan, CERB payments, you know those little budgetary items.

Maybe he's right? I can't say.

Did they want to shake the tree hard enough to see who will send them emails and write letters? That absolutely would remove all doubt as to who to target with the next phase would it not? That could be handy.....

Are they banking on the average Canadian having an attention span only slightly longer than a squirrel after two cups of espresso?

Perhaps that's the case. We do seem to be more interested in who lost the NHL game last night than the Bank of Canada raising interest rates for the 7th time this year. That little blip on the screen was mentioned last night on Global news and the expert they trotted out said the average family will need to come up with about $18000 just because of that.

No mention of needing another $2500 for the extra federal carbon tax coming online in January. Oh they also polled 1000 of us who still answer polls - and I don't know a single person who does by the way - but anyways those kind souls/soles who still will answer Angus Reid or IPSOS are overwhelmingly bracing for a full blown recession.

Anyway KilllerBee, I'm still not settled in my heart as to the cause behind dropping that huge sweeping amendment, since I do not believe for one instance that the folks pulling PM Socks' strings are remotely as vapid as he is. Far from it in fact.

We'll need to remain vigilant, to keep the pressure on elected officials and doubly so for us in Leftist Lotus Land aka BC for sure.

We'll see, but this is FAR from over in my opinion.

All the best to you folks regardless of the mess however sir. We're still here to contend with them and hopefully will have friends and/or family time in the upcoming Christmas Season.

Dwayne

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........??????????

Good morning Dwayne, hope your day is going GREAT! thank you for your, as per usual, great detailed response!

Only have a couple of questions for you since I do not read or watch anything Canadian anymore, prefer not to have to take anti-depressant's!

1. "said the average family will need to come up with about $18000 just because of that." how was that calculated do you happen to know, that is one rather LARGE AMOUNT OF $$$!

2. "No mention of needing another $2500 for the extra federal carbon tax coming online in January." Is that a calculation on the average expenditures of the average Canadian consumer?

KB

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KillerBee;
Good morning and thanks for the reply.

The "average" family who bought a $1.2 Million teardown house almost anywhere in BC are holding astronomical amounts of household debt. It's not uncommon that they're paying 2/3 of that, so every time the interest pops up a point they're on the hook for $6000-$8000 correct? This year it's been .75% in the Bank of Canada - BoC rate, but mortgage lenders need to make money too.

Here's a link to a Reuters article on our interest rates from the BoC

https://www.reuters.com/business/fi...ad-bank-canada-rate-decision-2022-01-26/

For provinces like BC, we're already paying a federal carbon tax, but I believe that the prairie provinces were not and were fighting it. It's part of the Green Initiative which will save the planet, even though we are responsible for less than 2% of total global emissions....

Indeed we could all stop emitting 100% - through our untimely demise or reverting back to the stone age but not using wood to cook our mammoth stew of course - and the total global reduction would be the proverbial 4/5ths of 5/8ths of Sweet..... well you know. wink

But it's my understanding and I'd really like to be wrong about that all KB - but I believe my friends to the east are going to get a whammy on all fossil fuel products in a few weeks.

The calculations of $2500 were a broad number and it'll be different province to province depending upon existing programs already in place which funnel funds to the cleptocracy in Ottawa.

You know KB, it occurs to me you're going to start avoiding me if I'm incessantly giving out bad news... Sincerely sorry about that my friend, it's not my intent. frown

If I didn't believe it was still worth contending for though, I'd have the fortitude to say that and no, I'm not there by a long shot.

All the best.

Dwayne

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know KB, it occurs to me you're going to start avoiding me if I'm incessantly giving out bad news... Sincerely sorry about that my friend, it's not my intent. frown

Dwayne

LMAO! Not to worry buddy, you are ACES in my Buckskin Wrapped Good Book :o)

The great news for me is that my company is Recession Proof, in fact I do even better during a recession, which is exactly where we are headed.

KB

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good evening to you my friend, I hope the day was kind to you all and you're all well.

If you missed this today, it looks like most of the PC caucus got kicked out of the house when Raquel Dancho called a Liberal member a liar. She did withdraw it, but refused to apologize.

Also of note at the beginning of the clip, Dane Lloyd mentions that the Assembly of First Nations issued a declaration publicly opposing C-21.

I will note however that it looks as if the Libs/NDP/BQ are still trying to ram this through before the Christmas break.

Lots of balls in the air for sure today.

She had a bit of a press conference after that and my goodness was she in fine form. She's a tough lady that one - as you well said - a heart of a lion.

Best to you all this evening.

Dwayne

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for that Dwayne, I was 40km in the bush today and got a text from friend who was excited about todays events. The Liberals and the NDP have simply been lying right to everyone's face, its shameful.

Canada's Native people have stepped up, that's good news for all firearms owners.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone with a couple functioning brain cells can see that the Liberals are in reality saying....we are respecting treaty rights, Constitutional rights etc........the BS Bill C-21 will skip over the indians and only apply to everyone else.
The laugher here is the fact that most, if not all guns used in any shootings by the Somali, Sikh, etc drug gangs come through the cross border reserves, you can't make this up.

There are a number of NDP MP's speaking out strongly now against Bill C-21. Thank them.

We really need the letters to continue to the Senate in the hope the Bill will not pass.

Clearly, the government has been influenced by a foreign entity, that is for sure.

Can someone explain to Canadians ....how is it that a person can come to Canada, run for office, get elected, then this is what is puzzling.... go all out and try to change traditional Canadian value's?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
Can someone explain to Canadians ....how is it that a person can come to Canada, run for office, get elected, then this is what is puzzling.... go all out and try to change traditional Canadian value's?

Because Canada is a "Ruined Nation", it is a shell of it's former self.

Again I do not blame Trudeau for this, many of our Prime Ministers did quite the number on our country, before he hit the scene.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by 673

Because Canada is a "Ruined Nation", it is a shell of it's former self.

Again I do not blame Trudeau for this, many of our Prime Ministers did quite the number on our country, before he hit the scene.
I blame Trudeau, completely.
I thought you didn't give a shyte.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am hoping Trudeau's plane slams into the side of a Mountain, is that clear enough?
If you are willing to do FA then why comment about a fight you are not willing to participate in?

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,784 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.