R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by JeffA
It all depends on how deep your pot of gold might be.

https://www.huntinfool.com/resources/statewide-permits
If you pay that kind of money for a hunt, you deserve to be scammed.

You have an knack for always taking the dumbschiet view on things.

Congradulations?

The money generated from aution tags goes back into wildlife programs that help all hunters.

That's why hunters with resources spend so much on those auction tags.

Most also stoke their own ego by taking an animal on the tag but it's pretty cool of that guy to give the hunt to the Vet.

Originally Posted by shootem
So does the veteran have to pay the IRS for this windfall he received. All the paper lines up. Documented cost, transfer of wealth, recipient accepted and benefited. ???????

Charitable contribution.

Your interest in making sure the tax laws are followed by a disabled vet is duly noted.

When I was this thread start, I was gonna try to explain the whole thing to the board morons, but I knew it would be lost on them

Habitat improvement from special tags like this (Governor’s tags as well) is why Utah grows big bulls and bucks

Congradulations?

The money generated from aution tags goes back into wildlife programs that help all hunters.

Most also stoke their own ego by taking an animal on the tag but it's pretty cool of that guy to give the hunt to the Vet.

So does the veteran have to pay the IRS for this windfall he received. All the paper lines up. Documented cost, transfer of wealth, recipient accepted and benefited. ???????

Charitable contribution.

Your interest in making sure the tax laws are followed by a disabled vet is duly noted.

When I was this thread start, I was gonna try to explain the whole thing to the board morons, but I knew it would be lost on them

Habitat improvement from special tags like this (Governor’s tags as well) is why Utah grows big bulls and bucks

Issuing fewer licenses than a lot of western states and not having thousands of wolves play much bigger role than GOV tag revenue.

Last edited by ribka; 12/07/22.
GB1

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Absolutely. It morphed from wildlife management to revenue management long ago.

Originally Posted by ribka

Congradulations?

Charitable contribution.

Congradulations?

Charitable contribution.

Issuing fewer licenses than a lot of western states and not having thousands of wolves play much bigger role than GOV tag revenue.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC
I dont have a dog in this fight but will opine that there isn't a deer on earth worth $300k.

…and another that doesn’t get it

Wrong Moron. I understand the $$$ goes to conservation and habitat. Just saying no deer is worth that much. The guy could make a $300,000 donation every year and not even try for the deer. I am all about supporting conservation and habitat but no deer on its own is worth $300k.

Exactly! But the holier than thou forum phaggs like Burnsie, Camuglia, BobMT etc INSIST that we dont "understand" what its about! If as the buyer said he was trying to do something for a vet, that amount of scratch could have paid for alot more than one guy to go on a hunt!

Bingo.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
You want to help A vet or help vets get a deer or do you want to help wildlife mgt.

If the latter, give money to WL management. Let some other rich guy buy that deer.that would produce about $450 for WL mgt.

You want to help A vet. $300,000 would just about cover maybe one house for one the vet warrior groups provide.

You want to make wounded veterans happy with deer hunts? Buy 60 wounded veterans deer hunts.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jaguartx
You want to make wounded veterans happy with deer hunts? Buy 60 wounded veterans deer hunts.

I read here he owns a ranch, how do you know he doesn't??

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So now this thread has morphed into guys trying to tell others who to and how to donate their money?

Intersting!!

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TRnCO
So now this thread has morphed into guys trying to tell others who to and how to donate their money?

Intersting!!

They sound like democrats the way they are lecturing on how someone should spend their money.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx
You want to help A vet or help vets get a deer or do you want to help wildlife mgt.

If the latter, give money to WL management. Let some other rich guy buy that deer.that would produce about $450 for WL mgt.

You want to help A vet. $300,000 would just about cover maybe one house for one the vet warrior groups provide.

Or don’t worry about how another guy spends his money.
Or help others how you see fit.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (260Remguy, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 257_X_50, 45 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,318
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.