Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
T
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Originally Posted by petefixer
Is anyone else not exactly impressed with the eye relief? I am replacing a 3-18x44 Vortex strike eagle. Maybe I screwed up?

While I have not measured the eye relief or even looked at the spec sheet for that specific thing, I did not encounter any issues with the MeoSport on my 6.5 BRM Contender.

Plus, the eyebox in poor light is quite forgiving, unlike some other scopes in this price class.

Honestly, I don't think you'll find a better illuminated reticle scope in the sub-$500 price class than the MeoSport. Granted, it's far from perfect but offers a heck of a lot of features and performance for the cash outlay.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What height rings did you use when you mounted the scope?

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Tom-

I mounted the scope in low Warne rings.

I no longer have a Vari-X III for direct comparison, but in looking back at old notes from a Leupold 3.5-10x50, the Meopta does resolve detail slightly better, though the half-line difference wouldn't be enough to matter for hunting purposes and would be virtually impossible to detect in the field. I haven't done enough with the Meopta to venture much more at this point. But for the price point, it's hard to see how anyone wouldn't like it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine showed up in the mail today..I am not one for a backorder , but did find one here on the classifieds..The glass is excellent and the build quality seems top notch to me...I like the turrets..No problem with eye relief at any power setting.... After bore sighting it took only took 4 shots to get it sighted perfect at 100..

The rings that come in the box are to high to the point of being stupid looking...I have rings though so not a problem..

Put it on a very accurate 264 winmag and up to the hill for a tracking test.. This is the most important for me..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

751 yards and 4 mils up, first shot..

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Santiam
Mine showed up in the mail today..I am not one for a backorder , but did find one here on the classifieds..The glass is excellent and the build quality seems top notch to me...I like the turrets..No problem with eye relief at any power setting.... After bore sighting it took only took 4 shots to get it sighted perfect at 100..

The rings that come in the box are to high to the point of being stupid looking...I have rings though so not a problem..

Put it on a very accurate 264 winmag and up to the hill for a tracking test.. This is the most important for me..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

751 yards and 4 mils up, first shot..

This is AWESOME! I love the laugh after the hit. Well done.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Ever figure out COO details?
All Meopta's are assembled in Czech Republic
I dug this thread up for this very question. Meoptas typically say where they’re manufactured or assembled on the scope. I couldn’t find it on mine so I am curious.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I just received one from Doug and found the same thing. No COO anywhere on the scope. Was wondering the same. Sent email to Meopta and have not received any info.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Just received the reply from Erik Muller with Meopta USA regarding where is MeoSport assembled and where are components sourced. It states " All of our products are produced or assembled in Czech Republic. We do receive certain components and materials from outside Czech Republic and either process them into the final part or assemble them in our factory". That is what I remember Doug stating previously. Just strange that they don't have any info on the scope like they normally do.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I bought one last spring.Best bang for the buck around.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks to those who posted the information.

I've had good experiences with several Meopta offerings. The scopes haven't been used as hard or as frequently as other scopes I have, but I am putting an Optika 6 on a rig I'm putting together that will see a lot of use and bouncing around, so we'll see how it goes. As it stands I wouldn't say no to more Meoptas, and If the model in reference in this thread was offered with a FFP I liked, I'd give one a try.

Last edited by Starbuck; 12/07/22.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Starbuck

I've had good experiences with several Meopta offerings. The scopes haven't been used as hard or as frequently as other scopes I have, but I am putting an Optika 6 on a rig I'm putting together that will see a lot of use and bouncing around, so we'll see how it goes. As it stands I wouldn't say no to more Meoptas, and If the model in reference in this thread was offered with a FFP I liked, I'd give one a try.

Did you buy the dichro reticle?

Memento mori ( remember you must die) enjoy every day for tomorrow you may not wake

You can always borrow and pay the money back but you can never get the time back

Everyone hunter should own a fine rifle, life is short.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Boxerdog
Originally Posted by Starbuck

Did you buy the dichro reticle?

No. Mine is illuminated MRAD.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I've wondered about those dichroic reticles myself.

Why is abbreviate such a long word
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 30 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,882
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.