-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't see any bucks that were worth shooting, but I tagged 4 whitetail does. 3 that I gave to Hunters Helping the Hungry and 1 that I gave to a friend.

GB1

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Northern Maine kicked mine this year. First time in many.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I've gotten a big old ass whoopin so far this deer season. I sat all 7 days of the regular firearm season and saw a grand total of ONE doe, way too far for a shot. ML season opens tomorrow and I am not particularly hopeful.

This is really open area, and a LOT of the treelines we had dotting the place have been torn out over the past decade as land blocks have been consolidated. The deer hunting has really taken a downturn as a result. If you aren't hunting near a river or creek bottom treebreak, the odds of seeing deer have greatly diminished around here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My lower back kicked my ass this year.

I'll typically put 70 hours in a tree with my bow in a 6 day week during the rut for 2-3 weeks straight. THAT didn't happen.

Don't really care much at all to hunt with a centerfire. But tried it. Can't sit a blind more than a couple hours before I gotta get up and move.......

Hopefully I can get out and spend a little time with my second love............my flintlock.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Very quiet, on the home property, this year !

Hunted 13 days so far, some days 2-3 hours, most 6-7 hours.

Total opportunities; 1 fork horn buck, 1 button buck that woulda won the dinkathon, 3 does & 1 fawn.

Trigger finger getting itchy !

Only this weekend to go, as season closes Thursday the 15th.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

T_Inman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Very quiet, on the home property, this year !

Hunted 13 days so far, some days 2-3 hours, most 6-7 hours.

Total opportunities; 1 fork horn buck, 1 button buck that woulda won the dinkathon, 3 does & 1 fawn.

Trigger finger getting itchy !

Only this weekend to go, as season closes Thursday the 15th.

I want pics dude!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I got lucky for a change, shot a B&C Woodland Caribou (getting officially scored soon) in New Foundland and a 30" moose. Shot an average 9 pointer in Texas and didn't see a deer in New Jersey for the second year in a row.

I'm sitting here with two sprained ankles (one was from last year and still not healed) and bursitis in my left hip, cortisone shot didn't work.
Four months of quail season left, I think it's going to be a painful quail season.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Officially arse whipped Ted !!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not me personally as my standards have diminished some hunting the National Forest, but the neighbor up north and his crew went out west for deer and elk this fall, got totally weathered out and spent the entire week in the hotel.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I think the whitetail rapture has occurred. Most of the bucks have disappeared since the first of November around here.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Got this weekend to go with ML,on a mission for meat.
We always pass up doe during our regular season,and it bites us in the tookus.
Now it's the 9th inning.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got whupped on elk, then got pneumonia and was grateful for a ten minute road hunt in my grandson's pick-up to shoot a doe.

I drew what we thought would be a superb elk permit, that turned out so bad it is still puzzling. We have concluded that it is not all that great a permit. I ignored a barely legal 3 point bull 7 minutes into opening morning and never saw another bull, and only two more elk, in the rest of the five day season. Two excellent elk hunters were roaming far and wide looking for an elk for me. Nada. In my permit area, no elk and almost no tracks even. They were someplace else. I came down with pneumonia the day after elk season.

After three weeks of pneumonia, coughing up lots of blood the first week, I was still exhausted and sick, but remembered one day while half dozing that I had drawn a codger doe permit. My grandson asked if I was up to riding in his pick-up to look for a doe along the road. He and his son, my oldest great grandson at age 4, picked me up. About ten minutes drive up the first logging road a blacktail doe stepped into the road ahead. I stepped out, killed the doe, became an instant hero to my 4 year old great grandson, then let my grandson do all the work.

Last edited by Okanagan; 12/17/22. Reason: smooth
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't chase things with antlers, so my season has gone well. Three white-tailed does, two mulie does and a cow elk. One deer left to harvest in January.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got my ass kicked half way this year. Didn't see a buck I wanted to squeeze the trigger on, so I took 2 does for the freezer as a consolation prize......

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All I killed this year was a coyote.

Had opportunities on some deer, but nothing that met my criteria.

Never saw a pig or a bear...

Truth be told, I probably only got about 40 actual hours of hunting in this past season.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,477,994
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.