Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Thanks for the info. What country are Leupold scopes made in?

That’s a good question but they sure as hell aren’t made in the USA as Burns claims.

The FTC legal definition to declare something as such has been around a long time and is probably exactly why leupold describes their products in the manner they do.

Your whine is Duly Noted.

Enjoy your ChiCom scopes.

I like made in USA.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
[quote=JohnBurns]

Per the FTC:
“Made in USA” means that “all or virtually all” the product has been made in America. That is, all significant parts, processing and labor that go into the product must be of U.S. origin.

So Cheeto boy you’re wrong again……
Bunchya bullshyt there. Obviously you haven't worked in manufacturing. I did for years for a US firearms manufacturer and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt there are many thousands of firearms out there stamped "made in USA" with major components sourced from South Korea.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Lenses do come from Japan (LOW), not China.

And then are made into scopes in Oregon.

Made in USA works for me.

You may whine otherwise.

WIZARD always WINS. wink

Good try twisting it Burnsy but again you’re wrong with your claim that all Leupold glass comes from LOW. Again a call to Beaverton will prove this. The glass is also not the only non Leupold made parts but if you were 1/2 as in the know as you claim you would already know that.

You can twist it however you need to fit your vodka addled brain but the fact that your claim of “US Made” is 100% untrue based on the legally accepted and well know definition put out by the FTC is not surprising at all.

The fact you tried to back peddle instead of admitting you were wrong was a given.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Bunchya bullshyt there. Obviously you haven't worked in manufacturing. I did for years for a US firearms manufacturer and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt there are many thousands of firearms out there stamped "made in USA" with major components sourced from South Korea.

Your time working for Playschool in the toy gun assembly line doesn’t mean schhittt. I assure you there are not “many thousand firearms stamped Made in the USA” that don’t meet the legal definition imposed by the FTC.

It’s literally a phhffukkking consumer protection law you demented old bastard!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by Bugger
Pretty sure buggers dumb azz said modern soldiers should switch back to the Springfield 03.

go to hell a$shole. You are one stupid [bleep]. I'd knock your lights out if I would be so lucky as to see you. You low life [bleep].

I'd fuggin hold him for ya, then go find alwaysadork, grab him by the neck and beat him against a tree till he quits wigglin.
Your combined ages are well over a century and you did say that Buggery.
Blackfart if you try to hold me won't you have to let go of your walker?
LOL
On my worst day I'd beat the hell out of you.
I would fugging die laughing.
You'd die alright, I'd laugh.

I love a good retard fight. This is almost as good as watching Shrap and Sitka Deer get into it.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your whine is Duly Noted.

Enjoy your ChiCom scopes.

I like made in USA.

Problem is you don’t own any truly USA made scopes as you’ve repeatedly proven via your diversions.

As for myself I never claimed I did either,

Kahles, Nightforce, S&B, Minox and Steiner make up the majority so mostly European glass for me...

I do have a few swfa (Japan)on cheaper rifles and yep I even have a few leupolds as well but almost all of them are vintage friction adjust that I inherited.

Nothing stamped made in China though as you claim so you’re wrong again.

Keep swinging porky you’re doing great.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Made in the USA.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Your time working for Playschool in the toy gun assembly line doesn’t mean schhittt. I assure you there are not “many thousand firearms stamped Made in the USA” that don’t meet the legal definition imposed by the FTC.

It’s literally a phhffukkking consumer protection law you demented old bastard!
I know goddam good and well what I'm talking about you filthy piece of shyt. Lotta 1911's out there stamped "made in USA" with frames and slides from Dasan machinery LTD of South Korea.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would not buy anything made in China. If I buy something accidently or without knowing that is made in China, I throw it away or sell cheap. It does not belong to me long!

The computer you're using and most anything else electronic in your house has Chinese parts in it. Prove me wrong. If you have a cell phone, guess what?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rifletom
I would not buy anything made in China. If I buy something accidently or without knowing that is made in China, I throw it away or sell cheap. It does not belong to me long!

The computer you're using and most anything else electronic in your house has Chinese parts in it. Prove me wrong. If you have a cell phone, guess what?

Some of us know how to source such things from the "Good China".

Tiawan.

No ChiCom stuff.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Tiawan.

No ChiCom stuff.

Ok. LOL!

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

Tiawan.

No ChiCom stuff.

You MAKE nothing but noise Johnny. It’s sad!

My sock puppet has a sock puppet!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rekobeez

Tiawan.

No ChiCom stuff.

You MAKE nothing but noise Johnny. It’s sad!

Your join date and post count make me smile. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Made in the USA.

Must be either the vodka or Cheetos talking. Should be easy enough to post a pic of the scope or box saying as much? Hell even leupold will tell you they can’t use the “made in USA” moniker despite your whine to the contrary.

Also figures you would post a pic of a scope well known to have RTZ issues attached to one of your snake oil “custom” 700’s as your “proof”, though it’s the only move you had.

I’ll stick to actual good glass and good rifles but thanks for the advice. You see I like my shhitttt to work on demand and from actual gunsmiths worth a Pffhuckkk not hacks like you Johnny boy.

And before you go off on your chest puffing several members here have handled my rifles, hunted with me or seen me shoot so there is that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

WIZARD always Wins. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
By the same standards Ford, Chevy, Dodge pickups are foreign made because they have a few foreign parts?

No, of course not.

Components are from all over. Assembly is here. We are just splitting hairs over who has the most American made parts but all pickups including Honda, Toyota and Nissan are assembled here.

If there are no Chinese communist parts in a scope or pickup or computer then that's good. If the final product is assembled here then that's better. If all the parts are domestic origin and assembly is done here you'll have a very rare thing, and likely very expensive.
My Dodge Cummins was made mostly of foreign parts and assembled in Mexico. Almost nothing was made in the states and no assembly. Pretty sad considering costs

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Thanks for the info. What country are Leupold scopes made in?

That’s a good question but they sure as hell aren’t made in the USA as Burns claims.

The FTC legal definition to declare something as such has been around a long time and is probably exactly why leupold describes their products in the manner they do.
Fuuck the .Gov... There are hundreds of Americans making Leupold scopes in Beaverton. They're not labeled as made elsewhere for the same rationale. Does "Assembled in the USA" have more value than "Made in China"? That's opinion for the individual to decide.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
My Dodge Cummins was made mostly of foreign parts and assembled in Mexico. Almost nothing was made in the states and no assembly. Pretty sad considering costs

Where as the Tundra I looked at a few weeks ago was Made in America with 65% America and Canadian parts...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Made in the USA.

Must be either the vodka or Cheetos talking. Should be easy enough to post a pic of the scope or box saying as much? Hell even leupold will tell you they can’t use the “made in USA” moniker despite your whine to the contrary.

Also figures you would post a pic of a scope well known to have RTZ issues attached to one of your snake oil “custom” 700’s as your “proof”, though it’s the only move you had.

I’ll stick to actual good glass and good rifles but thanks for the advice. You see I like my shhitttt to work on demand and from actual gunsmiths worth a Pffhuckkk not hacks like you Johnny boy.

And before you go off on your chest puffing several members here have handled my rifles, hunted with me or seen me shoot so there is that.

Burns lies 24/7/365.

BUT he does have a collection of drooling minion followers because he posts 20 year old pictures.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

That's right...

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

292 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 40 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,428
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.