Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Shocking...

Majority of Americans don’t want Biden or Trump to run again in 2024, CNBC survey shows

PUBLISHED FRI, DEC 9 20222:07 PM ESTUPDATED

Steve Liesman

“No thanks!”

That’s how majorities of the public responded when the CNBC All-America Economic Survey asked if President Joe Biden or former President Donald Trump should run again for president.

The survey found 61% of the public think Trump should not seek the presidency, compared with 30% who believe he should. And 70% say Biden should not run for a second term with just 19% supporting a run.

Substantial numbers in each politicians’ own party prefer their names not be on the ballot, including 37% of Republicans who don’t want Trump to run along with 61% of independents and 88% of Democrats.

For Biden, 57% of Democrats say he shouldn’t stand for office in 2024 along with 66% of independents and 86% of Republicans.

CNBC’s Democratic and Republican pollsters both believe Democrats will likely support Biden if he’s the nominee and that Republicans will support Trump. In a primary, each candidate would have a substantial level of support that could allow them to gain their party’s nod, especially against a large field of competitors who would split the vote.

Still, both pollsters pointed to the large opposition from within each party and said neither Trump nor Biden is starting off in a strong place. While Trump has announced he’s running, President Biden has yet to officially do so.

The poll of 801 Americans nationwide was conducted Nov. 26-30. It has a margin of error of +/-3.5%.

The survey found that 47% of those who think Biden should not run say age is a major reason, including 61% of Democrats who don’t want him on the ballot and 66% of seniors. By contrast, just 43% of the 18-49 demographic group cite age as a major reason. Biden turned 80 last month.

Just 8% say age is a major reason they don’t back another run for Trump, who is 76.

Biden has other problems other than age. Despite a stronger than expected showing by Democrats in the congressional elections and several legislative victories, Biden’s overall approval slipped to 41% from 46% in the October survey, with his disapproval rising to 54% from 50%. The President’s economic approval slipped to 38% from 40% and disapproval rose a point to 57%.

Just 20% of the public think the Biden administration’s efforts to ease inflation are helping, a five-point decline from October; 28% believe they are hurting, a two-point decline, and 49% say they’re not making much difference, a 7-point jump.

The survey found broadly negative views on the economy and the outlook with just 14% saying the economy is good or excellent, the lowest level since 2013

When it comes to top priorities for Congress, American are unusually united: they want lawmakers to tackle inflation. 87% of the public say it should be job No. 1 and it’s the top pick for both parties and for independents.

Other issues show the more traditional divisions: reducing the deficit and spending is the second overall pick for both the public, Republicans and independents. But just 47% of Democrats think it should be a Congressional priority, compared to 84% of Republicans.

National protection for abortion rights is the second highest priority for Democrats. It was chosen by 72% of Democrats but just 39% of independents and 17% of Republicans. And 68% of Republicans say investigating the Biden administration should be a top priority compared to 38% of independents and 12% of Democrats.

Immigration and border security rank highly for Republicans but not Democrats. And Democrats strongly support Congress providing aid for Ukraine, a low priority for Republicans.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
CNBC survey shows...

Oh boy...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I would rather some doofus here on the fire was POTUS than Biden or Trump. And I think most of you guys are retarded, brainwashed fuucks. Still better than another connected scumbag who fuucked kids with Epstein.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hell at this point I'd vote for Putin.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I would rather some doofus here on the fire was POTUS than Biden or Trump. And I think most of you guys are retarded, brainwashed fuucks. Still better than another connected scumbag who fuucked kids with Epstein.

I don't think Trump or Biden ever went to Epstein's Island. Nevertheless, I think both of them are too old to be president. There ought to be a maximum age limit.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

I don't think Trump or Biden ever went to Epstein's Island. Nevertheless, I think both of them are too old to be president. There ought to be a maximum age limit.
I agree on the age thing.

Jeff Epstein was running Brownstone ops in New York and Florida. Epstein Island is a red herring.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
DeSantis vs Newsome the odds folks were saying would be the 2 chosen a few weeks back.

Haven’t looked lately.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Houston_2
DeSantis vs Newsome the odds folks were saying would be the 2 chosen a few weeks back.

Haven’t looked lately.
GFY

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Z
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Z
Trump all the way, No going back.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Super interested in the Georgian never Trump mindset. How is Warnock and Biden going for you folks?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh well now lookie here, 88% of democrats don't want President Trump to run again!! Welp that settles it, I expect President Trump to kneel to his political rivals first thing this morning!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll be standing in line at the polls for 1-2 hours wondering wtf difference could I possibly make no matter who's running......my state carries what, 6 electoral votes?

Last edited by SCgman1; 12/10/22.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dominion will decide who is the next President-elect, where the fck have you all been since Obama '08 ?

Americans are indeed fkn stupid

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
CNBC doesn't know chit from shinola.....

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
America is In the Throws of the Early Stages of the Darwinian Flush ..

The Preponderance of Evidence pointing towards the
Treason stemming from Early Voting, Drop Boxes is Overwhelming and Ignored by the Addled..

51% of US are just Cement Life Jackets to the rest of US ..

Prepare …

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SCgman1
I'll be standing in line at the polls for 1-2 hours wondering wtf difference could I possibly make no matter who's running......my state carries what, 6 electoral votes?

#dontbeliketarquin grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,716 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,217
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.