-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Your rapier wit has devastated me, mister pirate. I admit defeat. You win. Now, move on. Got anything useful to say about the .40 S&W?

Every day’s an adventure.
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Your rapier wit has devastated me, mister pirate. I admit defeat. You win. Now, move on. Got anything useful to say about the .40 S&W?
Nope ..

Only carried a G22 for 14 months during my stint as a deputy sheriff jailer.

I was "let go" for use of excessive force.
You ever been 48 to 1 unarmed in a pod ???
Let alone other things...

Geuss you still don't like to remember how people handed you your azz like a corn dog on a stick on this forum earlier this year...

Don't fret..
People don't forget....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrrgh..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by renegade50
Only carried a G22 for 14 months during my stint as a deputy sheriff jailer. I was "let go" for use of excessive force.
You mean your charming personality wasn’t enough?

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V

I thought this was interesting. Delta carried G22’s for a bit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by viking

I thought this was interesting. Delta carried G22’s for a bit.
Very worthwhile viewing. Thank you. The interviewee has most certainly given a good deal of intense thought to what he was describing. Got a kick outa how much budget influenced caliber selection. I found it intriguing that he said the effective difference between .40 and 9mm is small, yet he didn’t elaborate on the idea that there is a difference. I was particularly taken by his notion of the conversation one should have with one’s self - extremely insightful.

Again, thank you, viking.

IC B2

D
dla Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Some people aren't smart enough to run a pod...

Last edited by dla; 12/09/22.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Only carried a G22 for 14 months during my stint as a deputy sheriff jailer. I was "let go" for use of excessive force.
You mean your charming personality wasn’t enough?
Steve Anderson my charming personality is enough to know tha6 when people selective quote.
They do it as if the stuff said in the OP is somehow nullified in their minds.
It's a sign you are annoyed and losing.
Next step of you losing will be going English nazi mode.
Grasping at straws type of stuff.

Don't worry old man...
Your reputation preceeds you with many on this forum.

Everyone knows and remembers how you got you azz handed to you baaaaaad on here earlier this year.
Caught in numerous bullschit lies, tall tales, and over all douche baggery....

Sleep well....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrrrrrgh.....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by dla
Some people aren't smart enough to run a pod...
And some people are too chicken schit and retreat out the door.
And then wait for the QRF to come.
Then blend into the background like cowards.

Old geezers do that.
Ones waiting on retirement for the last 15 yrs.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrrgh....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hey.....

Maybe you 2 old farts outta hit that little flag icon.

And tell Sysop or Bin I hurt your little feelers while I was down here hunting out and antagonizing maser sockpuppets
to get em to react .
And then along came you 2 screwing schit up, having no fuuuking clue I,m doing hitman work for the Bin.

See if it helps out your butthurt .....

🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrrrgh.....

Last edited by renegade50; 12/09/22.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
DeFlave is most accurate in my opinion. The 40 loaded with hard cast is a great outdoors carry gun. The G23 solves many problems on a hiking trail while a G20 10mm struggles to keep out of sight from the casual observer. OTOH I cannot see any reason the .40 is better for every day carry, but again all of them can be lethal if applied correctly.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
While there is no doubt that 9mm has improved tremendously since the FBI shootout in Miami, it just defies logic to conclude, strictly in terms of terminal ballistics, that it's now the full equal to the .40 S&W. Where 9mm likely surpasses the .40 S&W is in shootability and (at least by a small measure) in capacity using flush mags.

So, it's a trade off. You just have to decide on which side of that tradeoff you fall. For an agency having to supply one handgun model/caliber to every armed agent/officer, there's a preference for a one-size-fits-all approach, i.e., the best common denominator, which seems to be the 9mm. That doesn't mean, however, that the 9mm is the best choice for you.

You might be someone who shoots the .40 as well as you shoot the 9mm. In which case, now you are down only to capacity as the factor favoring the 9mm, which might push you over the edge into the category where .40 S&W is the slightly better choice (even despite giving up a couple of rounds of capacity), due to its superior (and we don't know to what extent that's the case, but it's certainly the case to at least some extent) stopping power.

The difference for someone who shoots .40 S&W as well as he shoots 9mm is likely marginal, but it may favor the .40 S&W just slightly, all factors considered.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The .40 S&W was my favorite go-to round until a lot of fine pistols started being produced in the 10mm. Though my main carry gun is a 9mm because it's small enough to conceal and fit comfortably in my front pocket.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still thinking about what the interviewee said about how much the adoption of the 9mm was influenced by budget considerations.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
While there is no doubt that 9mm has improved tremendously since the FBI shootout in Miami, it just defies logic to conclude, strictly in terms of terminal ballistics, that it's now the full equal to the .40 S&W. Where 9mm likely surpasses the .40 S&W is in shootability and (at least by a small measure) in capacity using flush mags.

So, it's a trade off. You just have to decide on which side of that tradeoff you fall. For an agency having to supply one handgun to every armed agent/officer, there's a preference for a one-size-fits-all approach, i.e., the best common denominator, which seems to be the 9mm. That doesn't mean, however, that the 9mm is the best choice for you.

You might be someone who shoots the .40 as well as you shoot the 9mm. In which case, now you are down only to capacity as the factor favoring the 9mm, which might push you over the edge into the category where .40 S&W is the slightly better choice (even despite giving up a couple of rounds of capacity), due to its superior (and we don't know to what extent that's the case, but it's certainly the case to at least some extent) stopping power.

The difference for someone who shoots .40 S&W as well as he shoots 9mm is likely marginal, but it may favor the .40 S&W just slightly, all factors considered.
You certainly have a point there. Sure seems like most folks shoot a .22LR better than a 9mmP, a 9mmP better than a .40S&W, and a .40S&W better than a.45ACP. Don’t think that tells us much about which is best.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When the American Man-bun goes out of fashion, and a firm hand-shake means something again?

The .40/180 gr. - will return to its rightful place in our society, as the engineered solution to the problem.

GR

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Anyone done any tests or know of tests comparing the pistol calibers and various loads shooting through car doors into gel?

My money would be on the 357 Sig and 357 mag.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone done any tests or know of tests comparing the pistol calibers and various loads shooting through car doors into gel?

357 Sig is my caliber of choice. I carry a G31.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

GR

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have the most trigger time of any caliber with the Glock 40 cal. I never shot anyone with it but was very close a few times. I have seen it used and only one person survived it. i have no complaints. now we are transitioning back to the Glock 9mm. As someone has determined that it is a better can opener. with newer ammo it may well be just that. Time will tell. To me a handgun is still a big nail small hammer situation. But, that's what's on your hip 90 % of the time so, it gets used often.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
"Still thinking about what the interviewee said about how much the adoption of the 9mm was influenced by budget considerations."

Agreed. Budget is prime consideration.

Place I work for issued new .40 because old ones were wore out. Their "Break In" and qualification with new gun consisted of 62 rounds because of ammo costs. Grossly insufficient.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cv540
"Still thinking about what the interviewee said about how much the adoption of the 9mm was influenced by budget considerations."

Agreed. Budget is prime consideration.

Place I work for issued new .40 because old ones were wore out. Their "Break In" and qualification with new gun consisted of 62 rounds because of ammo costs. Grossly insufficient.

Don't know how one can reasonably wear out a Glock .40.

A little grease on the rails, Bbl, and hood?

Good for tens of thousands of rounds.

GR

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 22250rem, 10ring1, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,289
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.