Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
MPat70 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Reading the breakfast thread got me to thinking, I don't use syrup at all, honey on occasion but Sorghum molasses I love.
Just about every breakfast I will take a warm biscuit, cut it open, spread some butter and let it melt then dribble some molasses on it. So good it’ll make your tongue jump out and lick the eyebrows right off your head.

Also love it on baked chicken and rice, mix the molasses with sriracha sauce and a touch of soy sauce. So good it'll make you want to slap your Granny I'm a tellin' ya!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great for pop corn balls

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reminds me i need to make some for my wife. She was just asking if i would make a bunch.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hot biscuits, melted butter, molasses. That's feeding good!

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MAC
One of my favorites

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Corn muffin fresh out the oven, split and slathered with butter, topped with molasses. Done flung a cravin’ on myself.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Here.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorghum molasses are one of those things where they are not all created equal, with some being very good, and some being very bad. I like them on a hot biscuit.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It depends on who made it. If done right I like it. My grandfather used to make it. Before my time so I never had any of his, but dad knew where to get the good stuff.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I love them and have been eating them as long as I can remember ( just turned 70 ). When I was living at home I helped our neighbor make molasses one year. Lots of work but well worth it.

Our family always kept a jar on the kitchen table. Mostly eaten mixed with butter on biscuits or toast. Now I really like to eat it with the edges of a pizza. Just pour it in a plate and sop it up with the pizza bread. So good.

Last edited by Houser52; 12/09/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Sorghum molasses are one of those things where they are not all created equal, with some being very good, and some being very bad. I like them on a hot biscuit.

This^

In my part of Ky. it wasn't hard at all to get served molasses. The common thing here as I recall, was referred to Back Strap Molasses. Maybe I should re-try, but as I recall, not! my preference at all.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by 19rabbit52
Originally Posted by MAC
One of my favorites

Me too! 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Haven’t had it since I was a kid. It was GrandDad’s favorite. He always had like a gallon paint can of that Brer Rabbit brand for his pancakes and biscuits.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by gunzo

This^

In my part of Ky. it wasn't hard at all to get served molasses. The common thing here as I recall, was referred to Back Strap Molasses. Maybe I should re-try, but as I recall, not! my preference at all.

^^ Same here, too ^^

Bought a bottle of a commercial brand of sorghum molasses a couple of years ago. Used a little on buttered biscuit just once and couldn't finish eating it. Horrible, tasted like kerosene smells. Nothing like the sorghum my grandmother always had sitting on her kitchen table.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunzo

This^

BLACK STRAP

not back strap

LOL

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
They have a sorghum festival in West By Gawd Liberty every year. We drove by it a few years ago but didn't get a chance to check it out.

https://www.morgancountysorghumfestival.com/home.html

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I must have only ever had the very bad. I absolutely do NOT like whatever sorghum I have ever had.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Growing up it was always present at breakfast, I’m fairly sure it was home made by friends or family but I don’t know who. Butter and molasses on cornbread or biscuits was a daily treat. I haven’t had any since I was a kid at home and have a craving for it from reading this thread. I’ll be reluctant to buy any from a grocery chain, especially Walmart. Will probably need to ask around where I can get a quart or even a pint to keep around. I can think of a couple ways I could use it cooking pork now…..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 11 invisible), 1,468 guests, and 765 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,596
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.