Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mowzer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Sage 5wt Fly pole 2002 model paid 350.00 used maybe 10 times. Comes with storage tube with zip top. $100.00 plus shipping.

GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
PM sent. Will take it pendinj additional info.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
pm sent...next in line

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
3rd in line

Local 344 Retired

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.
-Thomas Jefferson-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2 piece,3,4,5???

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
tried to pm you earlier but it appears it did nto go through so i am #$ in line. I will take it reguardless if it makes it to me

M
mowzer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Think I posted that it was a 5wt didnt I? And that shipping is not included. Right now I'm trying to sift through who actually won this item as it isnt clear cut like usual. Stand by. I got a bunch of PM's, post here on the thread and personal emails. So I have to print all of it out to sort through who is after Pikee

M
mowzer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Sold to Mallardaddict for immediate no questions asked caaaash.
Thats cash with the long "A" sound.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Sounds like cash takes priority over private messages and patience. Kind of defeats the purpose of posting "next in line."

Hope that is not how everyone does business on this forum.

M
mowzer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
to jberry and all on this site:

Here is how this whole transaction went and I will stand corrected if advised otherwise: Mowzer

Here are excepts of PM's from jberry who is publicly trashing me:

jberry:
"am interested if the sale to pike3e doesn't go through. Please pm me with info like number of pieces, condition, etc".

Mowzer:
PIKEe backed out cuz he wanted a 4pc rod

Jberry:
guess then, that this is two piece. Is the 100 dollars inclusive of shipping? Will you take paypal? What is the flex and model number?

Mallardaddict:
I will take it for cash.

will take it means I WILL BUY IT. Mallardaddict read the post, saw that it was a bargain, knows who's who on this site, and bought it no questions asked. You did say you were next in line but then asked me if shipping was included when the post clearly states that shipping is not included. Your Pm's said in order and I quote: "I am INTERESTED if the sale to PIKEe doesnt go through". Your next PM you said: "I guess then this a 2 pc, is the price inclusive of shipping?" And then asked several other questions about flex, config, condition etc. Those are all things that should be handled prior to saying "I will take it".(though you really never said "I will take it" you said, "I'm next in line" Otherwise, the statement should really be: I am first in line to ask questions and/or negotiate. I'm just trying to be fair. If I'm not playing by the rules then I apologize and will sell you the Rod. But it just doesnt seem quite right to me.
I will re-read the forum rules and do the right thing. But I've never been in this situation before. It's always been very clear with all my previous activities here which is why I'm on the "GoodGuys List". Please don't take this personally. After all think; What would you do? I don't know Mallardaddict anymore than I know you, so I have no reason other than trying to do what's right and justifed process. If I have done wrong, then I will happily admit it publicly and owe you an apology. Certainly I don't care who the heck gets the rod. But when things are tight you want to reward the person who is clearly the winner. If that's you jberry, then so be it, if not, then I've done the right thing. And will humbly admit it any wrong doing as well and consider it all a lesson learned.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
mowzer's right on this one. To many lookers, maybe's and more here lately to not take an unconditional sale to Mallardaddict.

jberry, no offense to you, but I've had plenty of people ask a lot of questions, seem 99% interested and then you never hear from them again. Being "interested" and saying "I'll take it" are worlds apart, one commits you and the other doesn't.

J

[Linked Image]
M
mowzer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I just read the forum rules and MAY have made a mistake during the selling of this fly rod. I didnt realize there was software that when a button is pushed it mean that person "takes it". I guess I should download it so I'm properly notified. However it begs the question: If a person pushes the "i will take it" button. Does that mean they have to then buy the item? Or, just won the first rights to negotiation? Seems like there should be rights built in there for the seller as well as the buyer. "I will take it" should mean just that, "I will take it". Not "I will take it unless I decide not to". What is the mechanism that protects the seller? thanks for any advice. I'm going to download this software now.In the meantime any advice is appreciated

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think you read the Auction rules.....and they have nothing to do with the classifieds.

Far as I can tell you did nothing wrong, it was a judgement call and you chose the for sure buyer with cash in hand and had read the for sale post.

Anyway....it's done, don't lose sleep over it.

[Linked Image]
M
mowzer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks - I just want to make sure I'm playing by the rules. Ive worked hard for the yeasr I have been a member of this site to be a great buyer and seller of stuff. All of my dealing have been steller and without a hitch until now. And when someone publicly trashes my integrity, I want to know either what I've done wrong so I can fix it, or know that I've done no wrong. I can live with either just so long as I know for sure. I did what was right by my inner guidance system, but I'm also big enough to know that my inner guidance system may vary from any actual written rules on occaision.Especially in this day and age.

M
mowzer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
And you're right I did read the Auction Rules - thought they were one and the same.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Mowzer, I do not wish to publically trash you. I am disappointed but its your rod. I do think a guy needs to be able to ask questions prior to buying. Obviously pike3e got to ask something, and although you did mention shipping in the post, I did not see anything about condition, model number, flex, etc. Those are all legitimate questions and were not in the original post. No one should have to take it sight unseen with no additional info. It is unfortunate that this forum is not "real time" where we can get to talk immediately. We are forced to post... And wait, and maybe even wait some more.
I hope Mallardaddict has great success with the rod. I hope someday you and I can make a transaction.
Next time I will make my intentions clear. No hard feelings on my end...I guess I jumped the gun, er...rod.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
jberry....great response and since I missed saying it a month ago.

Welcome to the campfire. You'll find a lot of good info here and more fun stuff than any man can afford smile

J

[Linked Image]
M
mowzer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
No worries - we will all make it right in the end. We will do a deal someday where we both will win. Next time, I will try and think of all pertinant questions that may be asked and have a more thorough classified ad. I'm sure I took some things for granted as I'm so intertwined with Sage that I think everyone else should know as much as me about them. It was a hurry-up job on an ad and next time I will try and slow down. Yeah that PIKEe fellow is pretty smart; He did the ol "I'll Take it" before he really knew it was what he wanted. Had I put the model # in the ad, he wouldve already known. Still, I think we should all have to ask any questions we are thinking of prior to saying "I wiLl take it", otherwise we should post "I'll take what?". It can truly alter an outcome when someone sez They will take it, but they don't have enough info to know for sure. Then Jo SCHMO who knows all he needs to know sez to himself: "guess I won't respond cuz I'm too late" when in fact, he may have just gone ahead and done an "I will take it" but didnt cuz an "I will take what?" guy got ther first.. Dunno, that's how I feel about it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All of this is why the auctions make for cleaner sales. Among advantages pointed to here are bids that are relatively public and date-stamped, a "buy it now" option and a chance to ask questions until someone uses the buy it now feature...

Much harder to bend feelers...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Old Dogs....

NRA Life Member

"All hunters should be nature lovers"
~Theodore Roosevelt~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 1,953 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,073
Posts18,521,697
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.