-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
After a short delay while they work out some boosters potential issues, SpaceX now has a VERY busy December launch schedule set, starting today...

SpaceX is targeting Thursday, December 8 for a Falcon 9 launch of the OneWeb 1 mission to low-Earth orbit from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Liftoff is targeted for 5:27 p.m. ET.

The first stage booster supporting this mission previously launched CRS-24, Eutelsat HOTBIRD 13F, and one Starlink mission. Following stage separation, the first stage will land on Landing Zone 1 (LZ-1) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station.

A live webcast of this mission will begin about 15 minutes prior to liftoff HERE

After that, I count six more SpaceX launches this month, and two Falcon Heavy launches upcoming soon after that.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I’m going!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope Bean Man is at the viewing stands as I type this!

Webcast will begin at 15 minutes past the hour.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ohhhhhh, BeanMan! You got a truly specTACular launch and landing! That was among the best I have ever seen.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Good stuff!!!

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Arrrgh.....

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It was awesome, much better than I expected. Getting to watch the booster come down was the icing on the cake. Loved the sonic boom as it came down.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We got back to my Mom’s late so I didn’t give much of report.

We spent the afternoon at Kennedy Space Center, the second time I’ve been there. It’s worthwhile although the I’d like the programs to be more science and less silly video graphics with loud music. We rode the bus out to the Banana Creek view site where there are bleachers. There was a large tv screen which had a NASA person talking about the launch. There was also a tour type guide who kept speaking over the PA system. Both the tv and the person were loud and my hearing aids had trouble separating the two noises. I’d prefer one or the other but not both. My choice would have been NASA. The feed from NASA was about 5 seconds behind what was really happening.

The Crowd was full of energy which was infectious, we counted down the last ten seconds which reminded me of childhood. The light from the launch was intense, almost hurting your eyes, after the rocket was up a few degrees from the horizon the noise arrived. That might be the best part of the launch, you feel it in your bones and through the bleachers, it’s really intense. It seemed like every bird in the wildlife refuge took to flight simultaneously. We could see booster separation and then the rocket pretty much disappeared except for a point of light. Then the reusable booster came back down and burned a couple of times to slow before landing, just before landing what seemed like twin sonic booms a millisecond apart arrived. I’m not sure if I really heard two booms or not. It was really cool to get the second show of seeing the booster land. I intend to come back again, hopefully for a bigger rocket which I’ve heard is even louder. I’d pay the entry fee to KSC of $75 plus $20 to ride the bus closer again, a season pass is a dollar cheaper than visiting twice, it was worth it to me.

Last edited by BeanMan; 12/09/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the expanded post. Your impressions are just about what everybody feels at their first launch. Sunset and dawn launches are the most spectacular, but they are all jaw-dropping.

If you could drag your eyes away, you can read by the light of a night launch. And there is nothing on earth like that sound. Crackling, rumbling, hitting you like a blow to the guts, and shaking you down to your toes.

There are two Falcon Heavy launches now tentatively set for Jan/Feb. That beast is three Falcons strapped together, and they land two of them back at the land pads. Spectacular? Boy Howdy!

(I had no idea that they charge that much for entrance now.)

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Man, I just wish cover for my area would get done.......
Been like 3 years since I put up a deposit...

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You need to message them.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had mine up a running for 3 weeks , it's finally figured out where it needs to ..look... which is North with the dish tilted at 60degs.. It is fussy about seeing anything that blocks it ...I got a new mount and it's going up on the peak of the house, that should make chit perfect...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Z
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Z
Can't wait to leave this planet for good.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by zoddthegod
Can't wait to leave this planet for good.

Why wait? Do it now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (257Bob, 12344mag, 260Remguy, 25classic, 2500HD, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,992
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.