Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I started wearing cargo pants for a really dumb reason: sitting on my too-thick (not because of cash, mind you) wallet and that was giving me back/neck problems. So the wallet went into the side pocket. Then I bought a really thin wallet (still not full of cash, you know) and the side pocket wallet carry became moot. During all of this, someone in the state agency I worked for decided that wearing jeans in the office (a field office no less) was "unprofessional" and forbade them except for actual field work. Ironically, they added a "dress down Friday" where you could pay $1 and wear your jeans in the office. The dollar went to some charity/slush fund or another; can't remember what for. All this wringing of hands about appearance when people would automatically wear business clothes for meetings with external clients or other occasions as appropriate - we were "professionals" after all! I went to the trouble of getting my Professional Engineer license thinking it would help me get a better position in the Agency. Short answer: Nope. People would put up meaningless certificates all over their office walls. My PE license stayed in its mailing tube.

I thought it was really funny that the powers-that-were ignored my cargo pants and harassed people over blue jeans. The rest of my "professional" wardrobe usually came from second-hand stores and cost far less than jeans.

In defense of that state agency, I will say that I never got downsized and the pension check is reliably deposited in my account.

Sometimes it's a good thing that you don't get all the government you pay for. wink

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I believe all Duluth pants and shirts are made primarily in Vietnam. Some are made in China. Doesn't mean they are bad, just not made in USA.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wrangler Outdoors

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I've become a Duluth convert. Very good stuff and a varied selection to get the exact type pants you are looking for.

Ive been wearing the duluth 40 grit pants for work.

They'll be on sale every so often for $23 or so.

Seem to hold up fine.

Twill, not canvas though.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
You don’t see them down here.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

Last edited by twoaussies; 12/11/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I highly recommend these for every day wear:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Tru spec 24-7 classic pants. In poly cotton blend.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I highly recommend these for every day wear:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Least I'd have enough romm for my balls 😁

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Steven60
I finally wore out my last pair of Cabelas' cotton cargo pants after many years of good service. There are so many choices now my eyes cross when I start looking. So, 100% cotton (or maybe a little nylon or polyester for durability) so that they can be treated by Insect Shield. Subdued colors: brown, grey, tan, etc. - not camouflaged, BDU-styled or "tactical". Kneepad pockets would be nice because of, well, old knees. Made somewhere else than China, preferably. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Like you, I have worn the old-style Cabela's Hiking pants for many years. At one time I probably owned a dozen pair but am down to about three pair left in service.

I started looking for something to replace them as I dislike wearing blue jeans of any kind. They just don't fit me and flex well. I was reading something on a website where someone recommended Tru Spec 24/7 Flex Pro Tactical pants. They have plenty of pockets, made from a rip stop fabric, and have flex panels in different locations to aid in movement. They also have a flex waistband as well.

I originally ordered two pair to try them and love them so much, I ordered another 4 pair to add to the mix. I will definitely order more in the future! Oh, they have interior knee pad pockets as well....after two knee replacements, I thought that was a bonus feature as well!

Far superior to any of my US Army BDU pants that I came home with!

Frog---OUT

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've been wearing the Mountain Khakis for about ten years now.
Hunt in them
Wear around town
Go out in them

They look nice and can function in the outdoor world too.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wouldn't mind trying some cargo work pants, but I don't think anyone makes them long enough.

Wearing a 38 inseam limits you drastically to what you can wear. Thank God for Wrangler Cowboy Cut jeans.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like the CQR brand pants that I buy from Amazon. Same quality as 511, and a much cheaper price. They last and last, and are very comfortable

Sam......

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Not cargo, but a tough trouser.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ridgecut-mens-utility-work-pant

Bought 6 pairs a few months back on sale. Very impressed.

They run about 1" too small in the waist.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Yup, can't beat those patriotical Rex Kwan-do britches.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I wouldn't mind trying some cargo work pants, but I don't think anyone makes them long enough.

Wearing a 38 inseam limits you drastically to what you can wear. Thank God for Wrangler Cowboy Cut jeans.

38 inch? WTH. How tall are you? I’m 6’4 with 36 inch.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by viking
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

38 inch? WTH. How tall are you? I’m 6’4 with 36 inch.

6'05"

Can wear 38 length Wranglers, or 40's... but 40's are hard to find.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Dickies for me.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by ribka

Good pants, I wear em to church and when I'm cruisin babes!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 79S, 19 invisible), 1,791 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,481
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.