Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Ok guys there will be new opportunities to see if you can keep your livestock alive and what happens to elk populations. They want to reintroduce jags into the Gila Wilderness. They probabaly won't affect much because they are largely solitary and don't hunt in packs.

However wolf packs on the western slope of Colo will be another matter. Any opinions about what happens to elk populations?

Last edited by Docbill; 12/12/22.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
It’s all about reducing our ability to remain independent… I should say self sufficient

Last edited by efw; 12/12/22. Reason: Clarify
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Dual overhead cam inline six, or V8?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It will give you an opportunity to practice your Gut shot technique.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Dual overhead cam inline six, or V8?

V8- as in Chevy LT-1 350 CID? A buddy replaced a hatched out motor in an XJS12 with the Chevy motor and I envied him that car.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Actually, kids, this is serious. Keep in mind "conservation biology" isn't really a science, but an ideology. Tracy Stone Manning was a full-blown Earth Firster, scared straight by the Feds, and now she's at BLM, while one of her crazy perfesser cronies at UM's "environmental studies" department runs USFWS.
The idea is to have PREDATORS manage populations of prey. Wolves will snarf through ungulates in Colorado like nothing else, you can expect anywhere from an 80 to 90 percent reduction in annual recruitment, there's studies out of Alberta (Hebblewhite, I think) that prove this. As for jags, they are in marginal habitat, but again, the freaks want these "keystone predators" to drive the ecosystem, not man. If that means no ranching, that's a bonus. No hunting? Even better. No need for guns then.
If you're in either NM or Colorado, it is your duty to oppose expansion of either predator by whatever means possible, if not your expertise, then your M O N E Y.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Actually, kids, this is serious. Keep in mind "conservation biology" isn't really a science, but an ideology. Tracy Stone Manning was a full-blown Earth Firster, scared straight by the Feds, and now she's at BLM, while one of her crazy perfesser cronies at UM's "environmental studies" department runs USFWS.
The idea is to have PREDATORS manage populations of prey. Wolves will snarf through ungulates in Colorado like nothing else, you can expect anywhere from an 80 to 90 percent reduction in annual recruitment, there's studies out of Alberta (Hebblewhite, I think) that prove this. As for jags, they are in marginal habitat, but again, the freaks want these "keystone predators" to drive the ecosystem, not man. If that means no ranching, that's a bonus. No hunting? Even better. No need for guns then.
If you're in either NM or Colorado, it is your duty to oppose expansion of either predator by whatever means possible, if not your expertise, then your M O N E Y.

The whole truth and nothing but the truth!!!!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wolves were introduced into the Gila years ago. They’ve (the wolves and the NMG&F Department) have destroyed hunting in the Gila.

I’ve hunted there for years and a friend has since he was a kid.

I had a Bow hunt this year. Worst hunt I’ve ever been on in the unit. My buddy saw a total of 19 wolves. Lots of bears.

Total predator pit at this point and I’ll never apply there again

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

great post

and remember BHA wrote a fawning endorsement of Manning the rabid anti hunting terrorist who spiked trees to injure loggers. Ask Buzzh how wonderful she is

Last edited by ribka; 12/12/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw
It’s all about reducing our ability to remain independent… I should say self sufficient

That's the long game. Everywhere.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The area I hunt in Colorado in the San Juans already has a huge, out of control, black bear population killing a lot of elk calves, and they can't even give away tags to kill off the bears since they have stopped the Spring bear hunts. They have been advertising tags for black bears for 100 dollars to non residents to try to reduce the population, but not sure if it is making a dent.. Throw wolves on top of the issues they are already having, and it can't be a good outcome.

i live in Arizona, and haven't seen anything about introducing Timber Wolves here, and hope it never happens. Maybe because we have the little Mexican Grey Wolves here already, not sure, but the little Mexican wolves have been kind of a big deal in the news here. I don't think the locals would want to see them wiped out by introducing bigger wolves...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 12/12/22.
R
R
What do the wolves eat if there's no game?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Do-Gooders lying through their teeth about wolves, I saw a video on this a Mom was running the wolves away with her car. Wolves approaching children in rural area bus stops.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

All is true, but the fact is Denver, Ft Collins, and Boulder have more voters than the rest of the state and the entire area is a liberal strong hold. We fought it as hard as we could, but they simply out numbered the rest of the state. Sad to me,b ut Colorado Springs didn't help with the now growing population of liberals here.

The vote was a state constitutional amendment, not a legislated law. Most of the money backing it came from out of state, but it didn't help that the legislature is a liberal democrat majority as is the governor, pushed it, and who appoints the commissioners on the CPW commission. Those dictate what the CPW does besides any laws the CPW must follow. The rank and file are not permitted to give opinions on the wolf introduction. Sad times for sure of Colorado Wildlife.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Cotton farmers are your friend. This is the way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After about 20 years since introduction, the wolf population in southern NM and the Gila area remains marginal - not enough of them flourishing to make that program a success - and the cross-breeding activity is a problem for the handlers. There are significant reasons for the failure. But, this does not mean that the wolves have not killed livestock and caused problems. The supposed reparation program is a joke among the ranchers.

Apparently there were jaguars in western NM at one time, and I have seen a jaguar hide hanging in a local store there. But, if there is a stated plan to place them in the "Gila Wilderness", that is broad talk.

The only one I ever have seen in the wild (fleetingly) was in far southern AZ down in the south part of the Santa Rita Mtns many years ago, and the elevation/foliage there is low elevation compared to most of the Gila Wilderness. There is real winter weather up there and why would a jaguar stay up in such climate when it is surrounded by much more hospitable territory. In this hemisphere, that animal is most prevalent down through Mexico and Central America - seemingly its most natural habitat - so really?? the Gila W.?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by efw

True. I heard the former head of us fish and wildlife under Clinton speaking one time. He said the wolves are doing better than we ever imagined, we'll be able to eliminate sport hunting much sooner than we thought. At the time there were no wolf hunts yet.

He was openly admitting the plan was to introduce predators so that they could ban sport hunting. That way you can't feed yourself and then they have another claim against guns. It's all about power and control like everything with the left. A self sufficient person is a threat to their plan.

To understand what the left does you simply have to ask, why would Satan do something like this. That question always leads to the answer.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I killed a bear, processed it and dumped the gut pile about 1/4 mile from camp at 3 pm

At 9 pm a pack of wolves group-howled at the site and we jumped in the Jeep.

The entire gut pile was gone and carcass was stripped down to the bone.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But the wolves will fix all the rivers in Colorado, just like Yellowstone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a disguised attack on the food supply. Think of using predators to do what the US Govt did to the Native tribes by wiping out the bison.

BTW they aren't do-gooders. There is nothing good about them. They are evil, pursuing an evil agenda.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,932
Posts18,498,721
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.