Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My Gold had sticky stocks.

Stripped em myself, sent em to Tarjac and got them dipped in the same camo as original. Matched the barrel and action just fine.

Something just north of $100 bucks since the pattern was on a monthly special.

Maybe 3 weeks turn around.

I figured by the time I paid shipping the whole gun and wait time I would just bite the bullet and take care of it myself.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
HR IC

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
They cover shipping via a prepaid label.

3 weeks turnaround would have been faster than anything Browning could have done.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I filled out their online form today and received an email with the shipping label in less than an hour. I’ll be sending it out this week.

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Just checked the online service site and it says that the rifle will be done 6/27, awaiting assignment to a gunsmith.

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Do we have to send the whole gun back? I have two stainless stalker X Bolts and I’d rather not have to remove scopes and rings/bases. Just swapping stocks would be nice, if that’s an option.

IC B2

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Whole gun, no accessories. Barreled action and stock

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Alex38
Do we have to send the whole gun back? I have two stainless stalker X Bolts and I’d rather not have to remove scopes and rings/bases. Just swapping stocks would be nice, if that’s an option.
Just send the stock to Tarjac and be done.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Heck, I sent a High Noon spotlight back that had the Duratouch goo syndrome. They sent out a new one no charge.

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Quick update:

The rifle arrived back today with the slick stock, not a fan. They replaced the Browning case that it was in as well, it was a gooey mess inside. I am disappointed I didn't leave the Browning strap on it when I shipped it in.

The only negative is they didn't replace the recoil pad, it was coated with the gooey mess, they half-heartedly cleaned it but you can feel the tackiness around the sides where it mates to the stock. I am going to call them tomorrow and see if they will send me one.

Hopefully one of the members here has a factory one they replaced with a Limbsaver and I can get it cheap if Browning doesn't offer to send me one.

I think it was exactly 1 month start to finish including shipping for it to return home. It has the Super Short Action, so that is a huge plus.

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have a Maxus that has never been fired . took it out one day and was disgusted to see the results .they sent me an email with a bunch of fine print .I really need to pursue it

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have a 10 year old Maxus with no issues. What exactly causes this?

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

It can be anything, mostly solvents or deet. I don't recall getting anything on this stock, but apparently I did. It was in the safe in the case for the better part of 10yrs before I remembered it being there.

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Darryle

It can be anything, mostly solvents or deet. I don't recall getting anything on this stock, but apparently I did. It was in the safe in the case for the better part of 10yrs before I remembered it being there.

Browning told me that it would have to be happening in order for it to be returned. I hope this warranty lasts a few years.

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
It was a class action lawsuit, I am not sure, but I am willing to guess they will take care of you.

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
My X-bolt went sticky as well, just sent it in and it was delivered to the repair facility today. Will report back on how it goes.

Sandman

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I handled an Xbolt a couple of weeks ago and it had a sticky stock. Very annoying......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I took off the duratouch coating using nail polish remover, a plastic scraper, and some steel wool. It was a pita but I didn't have to send it in and I didn't want a new stock because mine doesn't have the aluminum bedding block.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Friend had a Sako 85 with the sticky stock; Beretta offers no help. Local gunshop stripped and dipped it; inexpensive fix and came out nice.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Cruiser1; 11/16/22.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Darryle

It's an inherent defect in the design; not related to chemical exposure

Last edited by Cruiser1; 11/16/22.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Received my rifle back today. 11/9 to 12/13, just under 5 weeks out the door and back again. Browning has a tracking website where you can see where the gun is at in the process.

The stock is now a glossy, slick black. Not too keen on that so will have to start looking at coating alternatives.

One interesting note. The instructions say not to ship in a case, they will not be responsible for the case. However I had a cheapy gun case that I wasn't afraid to lose so I boxed it up in that for shipping. Couple weeks later to my surprise I received the case back from Browning, no charge for return shipping.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 70 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,060
Posts18,501,211
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.