Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Never should have sold my Bavarian .223 Remington.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I have been looking for one of those for YEARS! Never even got a hint of one! eek

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kingston
It looks like they incorporate a new proprietary scope mounting system.

That should be popular...

Sako should just file bankruptcy.

You mean Beretta should since they drive Sakos sales introductions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
They finally got smart. Hopefully the new one will have the ejector in the right spot. Wait, then it would be a Tikka T3..

This. Oh and it does look like crap

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
Wow…that is one hideous looking bolt action! Not sure who they figure they’re targeting with that, but I can’t imagine die hard Sako lovers think it’s better than what they already have. I get it’s a switch barrel multi caliber do all rifle, but damn…that’s uuuugggggllyy. 🙈

Doc_Holidude

The Italians want to build ugly rifles and promote clothing that literally no AMERICAN hunter would wear in the field. Quite frankly they don’t give a damn about America and what guns/clothing they want. There are rifles they sell in Europe that I’d live to see here. Instead we get an ugly azz switch barrel that is as ugly as the Benelli Lupo or any other rifle in similar category. I had a buddy that worked with Beretta USA for years and he told me that a long time.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Never should have sold my Bavarian .223 Remington.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I have been looking for one of those for YEARS! Never even got a hint of one! eek

It had beautiful wood. Ordered it from Eurooptic. Took 8 months to get here from Finland. And being the dumbass I apparently am, I sold it. mad

Tarquin
IC B2

T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I just confirmed in a TC with Beretta: the Sako 85 line is no longer in production. I also talked to JB at Accu-flite. Apparently in December, 2021` Sako made a deal with Finland and also Sweden (or was it Switzerland?) to manufacture assault rifles for both countries to assist in the defense of their 800-mile border with Russia. The production demands of that contract is apparently what necessitated Sako's decision to stop producing the Model 85. Another casualty of Russia invading Ukraine it seems. frown

Tarquin
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I would like to offer my services to help you owners of the lowly A- series guns transition to these new wunderguns. Send pics/ deets of your AI's, AII's, AIV's(safari grade) and AV's to me, I'll gladly evaluate them and reply with a market adjusted offer. This goes for Rings, ringmounts too.

"Damn right it's loaded, it makes a lousy club"
-JW
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Seems plain to me that this isn’t intended to compete in the US market. It’s Euro all the way, and they’ll probably love it over there. Sako has a very successful American product (Tikka) and I’m guessing the market share for nicer wood stocked pretty rifles is smaller than ever these days.

T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by douglasfir
Seems plain to me that this isn’t intended to compete in the US market. It’s Euro all the way, and they’ll probably love it over there. Sako has a very successful American product (Tikka) and I’m guessing the market share for nicer wood stocked pretty rifles is smaller than ever these days.

Seems that way. Switch-barrel rifles have never taken off here. Sauer has the 202/404 line and they have their adherents, but it's a pretty small following. What makes Sakos desirable (for me anyway) is the panache of old European design and craftsmanship. It's about the only push-feed that isn't a Remington clone. The steel is first-rate and I like all the sculpting of the metal (flats milled on the side of the actions, sculpted bolt shroud, serrated flats on the top of the action and on the shroud), three-lug bolt, Sako extractor and the wood stocks. Sako has (had?) a knack for designing cool stuff and executing the manufacturing at a high level. Also, having numerous action sizes was appealing I've always loved the baby Sakos. Bought and sold more Riihimaki L46s, L461s, 75s and 85s than I care to remember. I do have a Sako 85 Carbon light in .223 Remington and I am keeping that one. It has a 20 oz carbon fiber stock and Sako uses a manufacturing technique different from everyone else to make it.

Tarquin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
oh well

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
Wow…that is one hideous looking bolt action! Not sure who they figure they’re targeting with that, but I can’t imagine die hard Sako lovers think it’s better than what they already have. I get it’s a switch barrel multi caliber do all rifle, but damn…that’s uuuugggggllyy. 🙈

Doc_Holidude
I believe that's a fine example of what Chuck Hawks dubbed "Eurotrash" style.

Lol.

Have either of you looked at a new rifle rack in a store lately???

All ugly.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Maybe they’ll bring back the 75.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
According to their website they are offering more Sako 85’s than ever before.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rumor has it that the Sako 100 will be available only as a Beretta Gallery gun aka big $$$. In the same context, they will likely be introducing the Sako 95 at the 2023 NRA show. Thev95 supposedly has a redesigned bolt and eliminates the ejection issues that plagued the 85. (Beretta finally admitting that the 85 had ejection issues, imagine that!)

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LOL…fair point.🙄

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (12344mag, 270cowboy, 1lesfox, 44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 19 invisible), 1,087 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,846
Posts18,517,426
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.