Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
walt501 Online Happy OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Ford Motor has added a third production shift to its Michigan plant that produces the electric F-150 Lightning as it looks to boost output.

The addition of the third shift comes as the automaker is expanding the newly built facility to hit a top capacity of 150,000 units by next fall.

The plant is now running three rotating crews of workers on 10-hour shifts seven days a week, Williams said, maintaining a high level of production even as construction workers scramble to complete an expansion of the facility.

"That's how we're doing this fast. We're building product while building" out the factory, Williams said.

Ford had originally planned to build about 40,000 Lightnings per year, in a new facility adjacent to its longtime pickup factory in Dearborn. But it decided to expand the factory to boost production after early demand for the electric truck exceeded its expectations.

Click Here!

But But But they can't tow! Reduced range in the cold! And where in Mexico is Dearborn? LOL!!!

Troll on, fools!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got yours ordered?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How much they selling for?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by walt501
But But But they can't tow!

My next door neighbor just bought a Rivian electric pickup truck.

I asked him if he was going to tow anything with it. He said no.

I asked him if he was going to haul heavy loads in the bed. He said no.

Why did you buy it instead of a Tesla sedan, I asked him.

Because I've always been a truck kind of guy, he said.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ford Motor has added a third production shift to its Michigan plant that produces the electric F-150 Lightning as it looks to boost output.

The addition of the third shift comes as the automaker is expanding the newly built facility to hit a top capacity of 150,000 units by next fall.

The plant is now running three rotating crews of workers on 10-hour shifts seven days a week, Williams said, maintaining a high level of production even as construction workers scramble to complete an expansion of the facility.

"That's how we're doing this fast. We're building product while building" out the factory, Williams said.

Ford had originally planned to build about 40,000 Lightnings per year, in a new facility adjacent to its longtime pickup factory in Dearborn. But it decided to expand the factory to boost production after early demand for the electric truck exceeded its expectations.

Click Here!

But But But they can't tow! Reduced range in the cold! And where in Mexico is Dearborn? LOL!!!

Troll on, fools!

Well... Dearborn is in the middle east. 😁😅😅🤣🤣🤣

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will NEVER drive an electric vehicle.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Got yours ordered?

No kidding.

He will vote for Biden but not buy his products.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Click Here!

Troll on, fools!

The one with the 75 mile towing range? That one?

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Isn't that the truck that couldn't make it 90 miles towing a travel trailer? What use is something like that?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
They'll be in a junkyard inside ten years.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Isn't that the truck that couldn't make it 90 miles towing a travel trailer? What use is something like that?

ManBun Skinny Jeans city boy truck

Nothing more, hell I'd even bet most 6.5 Creed shooters wouldn't be seen in one.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Who does Ford think they'll sell them to? Sure AF not me, that's for certain.

Ford should have it's hands full with all the recalls they've had recently. While I'm in the market for a new pickup, it sure as hell won't be a Ford of any stripe. If it doesn't run out of range, it'll catch fire and burn up. I don't need that.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

it was 70 miles. And that wasn't even a heavy load in the mountains

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Click Here!

Troll on, fools!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've run enough electric trolling motors and electric golf carts over the last 25yrs to be completely sure I'd be satisfied with the reliability of the motors in an all electric vehicle.

I like the idea of 100% Tq 100% of the time.

I LOVE the idea of a motor @ each corner providing true AWD.

For my uses though, the battery capacity/range just isn't there yet. The last 2 weekends I drove 350Mi one way to get to the place I was staying to go pheasant hunting, then drove a bunch more getting from one hunting spot to the next, this is pretty normal most of the fall for me. Temps were single-digits up to low 30's so I needed to run the heater. I made parts of the out/back trips in the dark so I needed to run headlights too, again, fairly normal. All of this is mighty rural, charging stations along the way aren't readily available

Shortly bird seasons will close and we'll be ice-fishing. It'll be colder and I'll be pulling a 14' tandem axle ATV trailer 250Mi+ one way to fish, plenty of driving in the dark with the short days of winter so I'll be needing to run heat and lights. Again, pretty rural and charging stations would be a major hinderance.

Buddy owns a plumbing business in a small community and does the vast majority of his work in <50Mi radius from town. He's trying to find all electric vans for his work vehicles. I suspect they'll work out very well for his purposes.

I'm not even close to 100% against electric vehicles, they just don't make one that comes close to suiting my current needs.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
dude!

that guy is so hard to listen to. I had to stop at the 3:00 mark.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by ribka
dude!

that guy is so hard to listen to. I had to stop at the 3:00 mark.

that's how people talk on the east coast

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
This is great news, it must mean that nation wide infrastructure is in place, to CHARGE these Fords. Damn things move quickly nowdays.😎

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 257 roberts, 1minute, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,041
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.