Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'm waiting for a S&B scope that was ordered on 3/11/22, payment made up front for special order - S&B quotes 3 to 4 month ETA.

7/26 (~4.5 months) I email to check status - return email confirmed scheduled production date to be 8/5/22

9/29 (~6.5 months) I email to check status - return email states next week (say 10/6) as scheduled production date

11/14 (8 months) I email to check status - return email that Germany screwed up the permit, may take a couple/few weeks to resolve

12/12 and still waiting.

3-4 months has turned into 8.5+ months with multiple quoted and missed production dates as well as a "screw up" on paperwork. It's becoming painful...

When it gets here, would you take your money back? grin

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DryPowder
I'm waiting for a S&B scope that was ordered on 3/11/22, payment made up front for special order - S&B quotes 3 to 4 month ETA.

7/26 (~4.5 months) I email to check status - return email confirmed scheduled production date to be 8/5/22

9/29 (~6.5 months) I email to check status - return email states next week (say 10/6) as scheduled production date

11/14 (8 months) I email to check status - return email that Germany screwed up the permit, may take a couple/few weeks to resolve

12/12 and still waiting.

3-4 months has turned into 8.5+ months with multiple quoted and missed production dates as well as a "screw up" on paperwork. It's becoming painful...

lol.... I'd like my time back!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

12/12 and still waiting.

lol.... I'd like my time back!

LOL. PM me if you get tired of waiting. I would probably take your place.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just imagine how horrible the customer service would be if you had a problem with the scope!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
LOL. PM me if you get tired of waiting. I would probably take your place.

I'm just singing the whine about Germany song. I'm glad they would take the order and make the scope. It's a scope I like more than any other.

Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Just imagine how horrible the customer service would be if you had a problem with the scope!

If this is about S&B rather than Kaps, their US Service Center has been great on a few Klassic's I've sent in for elevation dials. Fast and very easy to deal with.

Regarding S&B as a whole, one scope I received from them had a view problem right from the start. It was purchased through Cameraland. I contacted Doug about it, he took it back, and refunded my $ immediately. A short time later a scope was shipped to my home directly from S&B. No contact had been made from me to them or them to me. I had to follow up with Doug and pay him for it after the fact. Best customer service I've ever had after a problem from both Cameraland and S&B.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm waiting for a S&B scope that was ordered on 3/11/22, payment made up front for special order - S&B quotes 3 to 4 month ETA...

The last S&B scope that I special ordered in 2021 took 3 months + 3 weeks to ship. So for me, your quoted ETA was spot on. Sorry to hear about the aggravation you're going through. Acquiring a particular S&B scope can be a pain and a test of patience. Unfortunately for me, I really like mine so I'm willing to suffer a bit more than I can reasonably justify whenever I "need" one. But 8.5 months & still waiting might exceed my breaking point simply because open-ended uncertain estimates drive me nuts. I can only wait a long time for something if I'm told on the front end so I can manage expectations. The constant drip drip of disappointments can be rage inducing.

I've been curious about Kaps scopes for a while. I sent their customer service an email once asking a question. I never got a reply so it made me cautious about trying out their products.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't mind the wait if it's in line with the stated expectation. It is what it is. I'll use a different scope until it gets here.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Doug will you guys be rubbing shoulders with Schmidt&Bender during the SHOT show?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't mind the wait if it's in line with the stated expectation. It is what it is. I'll use a different scope until it gets here.

It's funny that nobody wants to sell one after they try it grin

I wish I had ordered one when you did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Back in December of 2021, I ordered a Kaps Classic 4X direct from the company in Germany. I paid with the Visa and they expected to deliver in 4-6 weeks. That stretched into months and months. Emails were only answered sporadically. I even called them several times. In emails and during calls they claimed covid supply chain issues were affecting production. Finally, in early November I called again and was told they anticipated producing the 4x in February 2023. That did it, I wanted a refund. They said that would be no problem, but once again failed to follow up on emails. When I called again, the fellow I'd been in touch with was unavailable. Yesterday I logged a dispute with Visa. They're going to credit my account and deal with Kaps directly.

From what I can tell it seems Kaps makes a quality product. Unfortunately, they don't seem to care much about the American market or customer service. My experience is just one so who knows how typical it is, but I'd not order from them unless the product you want is in stock.

You're just as well off getting a refund. Kaps optics are and have always been an upper-medium quality product, nothing special. Imagine the fiasco of having a warranty problem solved.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lagerboy
Doug will you guys be rubbing shoulders with Schmidt&Bender during the SHOT show?

I actually called there last week to see what's what. Euro Optics will remain the official exclusive with S&B in 2023 because nobody else will commit to S&B on X amount of scopes a year and S&B's sales in the US have been strained the last few years. This gives S&B a guaranteed minimum sales volume which is their primary concern.

Perhaps next year they will resume interest in other dealers and go back to direct distribution. We shall see

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I had a 4 x 36 Kaps develop a "black" spec in the view. I sent the scope back to Kaps in Germany from Hawaii and received it back with in 4 weeks.
Looks like the black coating on the inside of the scope tube sent a small spot on the lens.

The same issue happed to a 1990s Kahles that also needed to be sent back to Austria under warrantee, came back fixed in 3 weeks, free.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Earlier in the year I went to buy a S&B Polar, the US distributor nor any Euro distributor had one in stock and no one could guarantee me I would get it this year, much less before hunting season. I communicated with a couple of scope guys here at 24 hour and came to the conclusion the improvement the Polar has over the Klassik is not worth the extra cost and aggravation. I ordered two Klassiks for the price of one Polar instead. Had them in a few days, love the illumination feature which actually works well compared to to others I have tried.

As long as I do not look through someone else's Polar I'll be in good shape.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by lagerboy

I actually called there last week to see what's what. Euro Optics will remain the official exclusive with S&B in 2023 because nobody else will commit to S&B on X amount of scopes a year and S&B's sales in the US have been strained the last few years. This gives S&B a guaranteed minimum sales volume which is their primary concern.

Perhaps next year they will resume interest in other dealers and go back to direct distribution. We shall see

I'm not a big fan of S&B limiting dealers but I can understand the desire to have a guaranteed order size. I was surprised they would allow the special order for one. Hopefully they did a production run of them while they were at it...

A week ago I ordered a "fill-in" scope to use until the ordered one arrives. Order made through Cameraland last Thursday. Scope was in my hands Monday night. Thanks Doug!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by grumpy7904
I wish Cameraland would take them on. I bought a set of 8x42 binos and a scope from there web store and never waited longer than three weeks either time.

SHOT Show is 5 weeks away and we will be exploring adding a new brand or 2 as we do each year

Awesome.

Last edited by tater74; 12/15/22.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I own three Kaps scopes, all are excellent quality, none have ever gave the first hint of a problem, and each was a very good value compared to the competition. I have a couple of S&B scopes too. Wonderful scopes, but I haven't seen or experienced anything with them that would make me choose S&B over a Kaps. So, I'd buy Kaps over S&B just for the quality vs price comparison. However, I've actually swung over to Kahles lately. I'm an unsophisticated scope user, but I know what I like. Kahles seem to provide the quality/price/features in a combination that I like best.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Square heads,

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Oh my, now you sound like my nazi-killing great uncle.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Where did you order the KAPS?

I bought a used one several years ago and ending up selling to a friend for his upcoming moose hunt. I would like to talk a look at what they offer today

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hay ,
I resemble that remark...
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 15 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,949
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.