Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Don't know how one can reasonably wear out a Glock .40.

A little grease on the rails, Bbl, and hood?

Good for tens of thousands of rounds.

GR
Grease? Not oil?

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Budget considerations was one of the factors in my agencies decision to go to 9mm. But it took almost a year to get our order of 9mm ammo for the transition which will begin at our in-service training which starts in march of 2023. We are going with the Fed HST 147gr as our duty load. Plain 115 gr ball ammo for range use. Glock 45 will be the issue 9mm gun.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

GR
Hickok45 said that what eventually broke on his Gen 2 Model 23, after firing untold tens of thousands of rounds through it, was the locking block (which cracked in half), which naturally disabled it. Easy repair. He just replaced the part, but he noted that it was a good thing it didn't happen in the middle of a gun fight.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Hickok45 said that what eventually broke on his Gen 2 Model 23, after firing untold tens of thousands of rounds through it, was the locking block (which cracked in half), which naturally disabled it. Easy repair. He just replaced the part, but he noted that it was a good thing it didn't happen in the middle of a gun fight.

I don't have tens of thousands of rounds through any of my numerous handguns, But, if I did, I wouldn't use that one for self-defense.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I do not profess to say that the 40 cal. is any better or worse then any other caliber. I just have a ton (approx. 25 years) of trigger time with that platform. Literally thousands of rounds of 40 cal. sent down range 99 % of them by Glock pistols. It works just fine, when applied in the proper place at the proper time. However, so is a 22 mag, on a 2000lb steer! Under the right circumstances!

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

I don't have tens of thousands of rounds through any of my numerous handguns, But, if I did, I wouldn't use that one for self-defense.
That was the gun he carried as a volunteer Deputy Sheriff.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

Bingo! Hickock shouldn't have even said something silly like that. Worse than entering your sisters tired Monte Carlo in the Daytona 500.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cs2blue
However, so is a 22 mag, on a 2000lb steer! Under the right circumstances!

Not a farm kid, are ya?......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gunzo
Hickock shouldn't have even said something silly like that. Worse than entering your sisters tired Monte Carlo in the Daytona 500.
Poor Hickok45. He didn't know he wasn't supposed to say what happened.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

GR
Grease? Not oil?

If it slides?

... grease it.

GR

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

GR

Might have been an early single-pin as well.

I actually put a bit of grease on the Bbl./locking-block interface, to reduce the metallic "click" to a damped "thunk".

Expect Hundreds of thousands of rounds service life.

8>)

GR

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by gunzo
Hickock shouldn't have even said something silly like that. Worse than entering your sisters tired Monte Carlo in the Daytona 500.
Poor Hickok45. He didn't know he wasn't supposed to say what happened.

"Untold tens of thousands of rounds & it broke." Saying what happened.

"IT'S A GOOD THING IT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF A GUNFIGHT" The statement I questioned, is not saying what happened... just makin a silly assed comment. I didn't watch the vid, so could I have missed obvious sarcasm?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Which part of what he said is problematic? That he shot his Glock 23 that many times, or that it's a good thing the part breakage didn't occur during a gun fight? Or both?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by cs2blue
However, so is a 22 mag, on a 2000lb steer! Under the right circumstances!

Not a farm kid, are ya?......

Egad!

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Which part of what he said is problematic? That he shot his Glock 23 that many times, or that it's a good thing the part breakage didn't occur during a gun fight? Or both?

I thought the statement that I put into parentheses was making it clear as to the comment in question. But obviously my syntax ain't the best on the block, or even in the room for that matter, as there is a cat in here with me. Sorry for the confusion.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (160user, 1minute, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,160
Posts18,484,333
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.