-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've heard many 'hairy man' stories from Yupik elders along the Bering Sea coast.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yup!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Short stories of Hairy Man along the Yukon River

The Mulchatna River Hairy Man

Hairy Man tracks along the Kisaralik River

People can believe whatever they choose, but I've always felt there must be something at the core of every legend.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
When I lived in Pt Hope, the locals had lots of stories about "big Indians" doing things around town, and hairy elephants that they hunted in the old days. So do the people in Kotzebue about the Little People.

I don't have a closed mind about such things - as one would realize if reading my first post carefully. I was pointing out facts - there never seems to be any positive, nearly irrefutable proof - pics can be faked, stories made up. Mass hysteria, subliminal suggestion- one experiences what one expects....that sort of thing. Getting spooked is catching.

Maybe if I stuck around when my gut tells me to GTFO, I'd have something more interesting to talk about.... and if it does happen to me, I will fully believe it.

With the lack of presentation of solid evidence, my theory is they don't live here, but come through a portal from elsewhere/else-when for a visit, inadvertent or not. Like Hopi believe they did.

And my theory is as good as yours, so there! smile

I learned early on in Pt Hope, that it was hard to distinguish which stories supposedly occurred recently, and which ones were generated many generations ago, and passed on as "truth".

Nothing like a good campfire (and alcohol) to gin (pardon the pun) up yarns.

Last edited by las; 12/16/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know about those guys, but this feller seems eminently more credible if you ask me:

Won't embed:

Man Raped by Bigfoot

Last edited by High_Noon; 12/16/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
TTS Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Lots of evidence. Just have to study the topic for awhile. Thousands of eyewitnesses, many of which are very credible with nothing to gain from it. Tracks found in very remote locations. Hair samples that come back as no known animal. Sound recordings of no know animal or impossible for a human to make. DNA samples that come back half human/half unknown primate. Photos/videos, albeit most are not good, doesn't make it not real though. Like one researcher said years ago, either EVERY sighting, track, etc. is fake, or it's real. Every person I have brought up the subject with, and says it's BS, has one thing in common, none have spent anytime actually researching it. But hey! Who knows!

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by High_Noon
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LMAO!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The distant Florida cousin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have spent LOTS of time alone in the wilderness and have had several encounters.

When I bring it up, people just laugh at me.

Then about a year ago I brought up the subject with a neighbor who is a Saline Indian. Don't laugh!

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I had a friend who once saw a coal black horse with glowing red eyes standing in the middle of his lane.

He decided he should stop driving exhausted and get some sleep. It could just as easily been a Bigfoot, I suppose.

Reba- I too have spent LOTS of time alone in the wilderness. While I've been gut-feeling spooked a number of times - and paid attention to it - I've never had any proof-positive encounters involving sight or sound of Bigfoot or the Little People. I ascribe it to possibly being watched by a "normal" animal. I could be wrong, about that. It could just be what little imagination I have.

The first time I heard a moose roar, it could have been ascribed to a Bigfoot. I got the hell out of there! That was real sound and I didn't get a recording, either. At least 80% of the people I talked to about it (including most wildlife biologists) said "bear" - not one said Bigfoot. Either way, they would have been wrong. I wasn't sure about the Moose Research Center biologist's assessment of "moose", either, until about a year or two later I actually saw a moose while it was roaring.

(Probably a Bigfoot ventriloquist in collusion with that cow, for you skeptics.... smile. )

TTS - I've read many, many of those accounts - and it is never " irrefutable" that I've seen. Until I see real proof from elsewhere or experience it myself, I'll hold on to some skepticism. Word of mouth "evidence" as to sights and sounds, and blurry pictures of indeterminate foot prints, etc. ain't it. I'll reserve judgement, tho.

"nothing to gain by it"? Who says? Just telling a whopper is often gain enough. Hey- we're all on 24hcf, yes? smile. Roundoak ring a bell?

The lack of pictures goes the other way also - I often forget to take pictures I should when getting ready to shoot something- or even after I do. Now, Nugget's albino elephant in the white-out at his dump story has some credence. The picture was posted, after all, apparently not even photo-shopped. smile

I'm calling no one out -or laughing - on their stories, experiences, etc. I want some irefutable proof tho, before I fully buy it.

Last edited by las; 12/18/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffA

They found some real Florida man characters! Especially that AK fisherman!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I haven't any idea what you may be referring to.

But thanks for watching, a lot of effort went into that, plus 10k for the first 1000 jewel cased DVD copies.

It was meant to be a entertaining homegrown music kinda thing

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

I haven't any idea what you may be referring to.

But thanks for watching, a lot of effort went into that, plus 10k for the first 1000 jewel cased DVD copies.

It was meant to be a entertaining homegrown music kinda thing

The character at 45 to 46 minutes, roughly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The skunk ape only smokes the finest skunk budd in the forest..

“Hey Chavaz, how come they ain’t killin’ us.”
“..cuz we’re in the spirit-world azzwhool, they can’t see us.”
(Young Guns)

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Precisely

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The character at 45 to 46 minutes, roughly.

00:54 to 1:21

Connect the dots....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Robert Stack with Unsolved Mysteries proved a lot of evidence in this episode of the show

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 160user, 1minute, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,236
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.