Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
KillerBee - thanks for the thought on sending a note of thanks to Tyler Shandro --- I have done this as well as to the premier. Good notes can be appreciated and they have taken on the point of the spear with this legislation. Alberta and Saskatchewan have poked the Federal NDP / Liberal coalition in their collective eyes. The Feds now have to take Alberta to court if they want to dispute this action so the shoe is on the other foot.

I sure hope Rachel and her team of fools do not get back in.

Hugh
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
The Serbu Butt-Master made the list. A one-off.

Whoever made this list is as incompetent as Turdeau.

A cool video.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HughW
KillerBee - thanks for the thought on sending a note of thanks to Tyler Shandro --- I have done this as well as to the premier. Good notes can be appreciated and they have taken on the point of the spear with this legislation. Alberta and Saskatchewan have poked the Federal NDP / Liberal coalition in their collective eyes. The Feds now have to take Alberta to court if they want to dispute this action so the shoe is on the other foot.

Thanks HughW,

If it were not for the immigrants living in Alberta today NDP NEVER would have been elected in Alberta!

The first thing they did was to destroy our hunting draw system, really pissed me off with that debacle!

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/17/22.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Thanks HughW,

If it were not for the immigrants living in Alberta today NDP NEVER would have been elected in Alberta!

The first thing they did was to destroy our hunting draw system, really pissed me off with that debacle!

KB
I think the first thing they did was destroy our oil and gas industry. The second thing was to destroy our hunting/land-use system.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Thanks HughW,

KB
I think the first thing they did was destroy our oil and gas industry. The second thing was to destroy our hunting/land-use system.

Lets just say everything they did was typical NDP, Brain Dead Bull Shiet

KB

KB

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All;
Good almost evening to one and all, I hope the day was kind to you and finds you well.

Here's Ian Runkle's take on the position Alberta is taking and what it might mean.

Being informed never hurts right?

All the best to you all despite this mess. Merry Christmas to you and all of yours.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW! He is right!

KB

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Strange a good upstanding Canadian like Steven Redgwell has nothing to contribute here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do not know if anyone posted this yet, but here is the complete Ban List:

https://silvercore.ca/2022/12/07/silvercore-podcast-91-gun-ban-update-on-bill-c-21/

KB

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
KillerBee thanks for the list. I see a couple of semi-auto shotguns that are common on the Sporting Clays shoots listed -- once of which I came close to purchasing this past spring. The only difference in the one I picked up is the manufacturer -- still a semi with light recoil. Scary what they are trying to do.

Jordan / KillerBee -- On the Alberta NDP I know a fellow connected in the NDP caucus - he openly told me as well as others that sport hunting had no place in society and that they would work towards having it banned in Alberta. They take small steps over time to reach those goals but it is still a goal of that group.

Hugh
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
KillerBee thanks for the list. I see a couple of semi-auto shotguns that are common on the Sporting Clays shoots listed -- once of which I came close to purchasing this past spring. The only difference in the one I picked up is the manufacturer -- still a semi with light recoil. Scary what they are trying to do.

Jordan / KillerBee -- On the Alberta NDP I know a fellow connected in the NDP caucus - he openly told me as well as others that sport hunting had no place in society and that they would work towards having it banned in Alberta. They take small steps over time to reach those goals but it is still a goal of that group.

Do you think that surprises me? Have you seen the comments I have been making about NDP'ers and Liberals? lol

I am happy to say that mine are not on the list, but that list is just a precursor, next list everything will be on it.

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/17/22.

KB

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Interesting commentary by Ian. Certainly not the position anyone wants to find themselves in.
I think these moves by Alberta are the precursor to, I'll call it a Firearm Act in the province which does protect Albertans from certain charges
while being allowed to continue hunting/shooting or collecting items affected by the OIC and the more recent ban list. I believe they are researching the
possibility at least. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Meanwhile, don't do something stupid with your guns such as killing coyotes with your Mini 14. Yet!
Jeff

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Boy, I just went through the list quickly and realized my benelli sbe2 is a weapon of war when I cross the medicine line. Guess they don’t take into consideration what a poor shot I am at your ducks. Not sure why you all have it out for Italian gun makers because the Winchester Sx4 wasn’t there from what I could tell.

I’m not sure who all up north has Chinese mortars or German anti tank guns they list but I’m know your deer are bigger in Saskatchewan then down here in Oklahoma so guessing a few folks are taking the one gun for all pretty seriously lol.

From the outside looking in it is so comical it makes one want to laugh till you come to realize they are serious and do want all your firearms. They are demonizing and trying to equate an antitank gun to Semi-automatic shot guns and some people are ignorant enough to buy it. By the way I can work and reload my old 870 pump quicker then my benelli but maybe I shouldn’t give them anymore stupid ideas.

I’ve lived in the city where people were astounded that I own a gun let alone hunt, kill, butcher and eat a deer to living in the country now and chided for my lack of creativity in weaponry. I wish city residents would stop trying to tell everyone what we should eat,wear, think etc when cities don’t produce anything they actually need to survive.

Canada has been near and dear to my family since I was fortunate enough to freeze my butt on a rock pile trying to hit a mallard 45 years ago. Guess I’m just trying to say we’re pulling for you and common sense to intervene. Best wishes.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Incredible, what will be the cost of buying all these firearms going to be for the government. A Purdey double rifle won’t be cheap, and yes it’s on the list along with many other valuable sporting firearms. After the Trudeau liberals spend a fortune on this misguided effort the urban population will be no safer from gang violence.

The true purpose is to eliminate all firearms from civilian ownership in this country and this has nothing to do with public safety. There will be no crackdown on urban drug gang violence Trudeau needs those shootings in the headlines to drive his anti gun policies. The majority of the urban population haven’t figured this out yet.

Nick

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nick1899
The true purpose is to eliminate all firearms from civilian ownership in this country and this has nothing to do with public safety. There will be no crackdown on urban drug gang violence Trudeau needs those shootings in the headlines to drive his anti gun policies. The majority of the urban population haven’t figured this out yet.

Nick

As Fonzie would say "Correctamondo"

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/18/22.

KB

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Trudeau is a great admirer of the NZ premier and some of the current C21 proposed actions are ones NZ put in place. You need a PAL for parts, restrictions on exports, going after semi's in all forms. The latest down there is a proposal for an increase in fees. You can bet the Liberals are watching this one.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-...one-proposal-could-see-400-pct-hike.html

Hugh
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The NDP has been working to screw hunters here in BC for years. In BC the so-called right wing choice we have are called......Liberals....no connection to the Federal Liberal party, which is confusing and may have cost them the last Provincial election because they were too stupid to change their party name. These two parties have been working together with one stupid move after another.

Something to think about......if you have a Provincial government that supports its Citizens, then it is possible to introduce legislation to insure a Citizens right to buy a hunting/fishing licence of non migratory fish and game, similar to many US states.

The NDP signed on to UNDRIP (check into it) nobody really knows where that is going, the goal posts are moving and the legislation has legs, but basically it means........the indians are going to be the determining factor as to who hunts, where, what, or if at all. People will still hunt regardless, private land, public land etc...they will just do so without consent from the Provincial government or the indians.

This NDP is something that needs to be gone and attention needs to be put into destroying them and their destructive policies. The media is prepping people for the next election and really humping Jagmeet's leg right now, making him out to be some sort of savior on healthcare LOL, he is an idiot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nick1899
Incredible, what will be the cost of buying all these firearms going to be for the government. A Purdey double rifle won’t be cheap, and yes it’s on the list along with many other valuable sporting firearms. After the Trudeau liberals spend a fortune on this misguided effort the urban population will be no safer from gang violence.

Nick

Yup, exactly.

In terms of cost, that is solved by simply confiscating rather than “buying back.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All;
Good afternoon to you all, I hope the fire's burning bright at your place if it's as chilly there as it is here today.

If you have an hour, here is an interview that came into my feed from the NFA featuring Westbank FN member Steven Money.

True its only one person, but it's still educational I'd suggest.

All the best and Merry Christmas to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by adamsguy
Not sure why you all have it out for Italian gun makers because the Winchester Sx4 wasn’t there from what I could tell.

Quiet time on the SX4 please --- wink

The list makes zero sense and the idiot that speaks to it keeps referring to diameter at the bore (removable chokes is still a point of confusion on shotguns as is a 10 gage) or if a version is capable of 10,000 joules of energy --- The initial push has been assualt firearms capable of mulitple casuaties. I have yet to see a Ruger #1 in a dangerous game caliber used on the battlefield. Now the wording smiths are saying we are trying to determine what guns are used for hunting. Sneeky little shift.

The people putting this forward are so moronic. In my view they are deliberately making the regulations confusing so as to decieve the general public.

Hugh
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338Rules, 8 invisible), 1,531 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,450
Posts18,507,945
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.