Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by greydog
Mike Tyson, when he was young and schooled by Cus D'Amato, was a quite good boxer but lacked the ability to fight well inside and could be discouraged. He allowed himself to be tied up. Nonetheless, he was capable of handling most of his contemporaries. I believe he would have been KO'd in 2 by Foreman, at any age. I believe he would have gone out in the late rounds against a prime Ali. Tyson lacked inner strength and resilience and was not really confident in his abilities. When he abandoned the techniques he had been taught as a youth, he abandoned his route to victory.
He would probably have beaten a prime Frazier but not if he didn't get him out early.
He fought Holyfield twice and lost both times because Holyfield was a better boxer, more accurate puncher, and more disciplined. Tyson might have been able to beat Holyfield if they had fought earlier but I wouldn't put much money on it. If Holyfield had been able to defend against Mike Tyson, instead of Foreman, he would have beaten Tyson easily, on that night. At the same time, if Foreman had been able to challenge Tyson instead of Holyfield, he would have won easily. Styles and preparation would have made the difference. GD
Excellent summation.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mike Tyson, when he was young and schooled by Cus D'Amato, was a quite good boxer but lacked the ability to fight well inside and could be discouraged. He allowed himself to be tied up. Nonetheless, he was capable of handling most of his contemporaries. I believe he would have been KO'd in 2 by Foreman, at any age. I believe he would have gone out in the late rounds against a prime Ali. Tyson lacked inner strength and resilience and was not really confident in his abilities. When he abandoned the techniques he had been taught as a youth, he abandoned his route to victory.
He would probably have beaten a prime Frazier but not if he didn't get him out early.
He fought Holyfield twice and lost both times because Holyfield was a better boxer, more accurate puncher, and more disciplined. Tyson might have been able to beat Holyfield if they had fought earlier but I wouldn't put much money on it. If Holyfield had been able to defend against Mike Tyson, instead of Foreman, he would have beaten Tyson easily, on that night. At the same time, if Foreman had been able to challenge Tyson instead of Holyfield, he would have won easily. Styles and preparation would have made the difference. GD
Pretty good take IMO. He was undersized as a heavyweight but lack of mental toughness was his Achilles heel.

He was a great front runner but lacked the mental/emotional toughness to fight through adversity.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I was trained to fight by a Golden Gloves Champion. I have had many fights in my youth out of necessity and never lost a fight.

I joined an AKKI Kenpo Fighting Club in my 20's. The instructor sparred with me in front of the entire class, after he hit me once, I got into my boxing stance and with one left hook laid him out. While he was doing the Funky Chicken on the mat I said to the class, "Class is over". I walked out and never did go back lol.

He was tougher than Corn Pop!

Boxing rules

Aren't you from Canada? I thought all you guys did up there was walk around in mukluks and flannel talking about which tree to cut down next.

LOL

The Canadians you are referring to also play Hockey and look like the First Picture. I played Middle Line Backer/Football and Fought and look more like Second Picture lol

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KB

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Pretty good take IMO. He was undersized as a heavyweight but lack of mental toughness was his Achilles heel.

He was a great front runner but lacked the mental/emotional toughness to fight through adversity.

You two should work for ESPN.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Somebody throw KillerBee a rubber dick before he starts chewing on the couch.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

I don’t have a face for TV and ESPN ain’t trying to hire no white conservative white dude. I bet the monies good and would take the work if offered…

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Huntz
Excellent summation.

Yes.

Incredible insight.

Maybe next somebody can tell me Brady is having a tough season because he’s going through a divorce.

LOL

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

ESPN ain’t trying to hire no white conservative white dude. I bet the monies good and would take the work if offered…

Your commentaries are exactly what they shoot for.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

ESPN ain’t trying to hire no white conservative white dude. I bet the monies good and would take the work if offered…

Your commentaries are exactly what they shoot for.
Tyson was a great boxer. Opponents were scared to death of him and he fed off of that. His weak points were technical boxing and emotional toughness when fights dragged out IMO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
It’s a matter of public record. Convicted Rapist. Registered Sex Offender.

Yeah. Maybe you can help me .. I forgot which of his boxing matches he lost in the ring because of that. Remind me .. what year and who was the opponent?

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tyson Failing to fight inside.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

R
R
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I was trained to fight by a Golden Gloves Champion. I have had many fights in my youth out of necessity and never lost a fight.

I joined an AKKI Kenpo Fighting Club in my 20's. The instructor sparred with me in front of the entire class, after he hit me once, I got into my boxing stance and with one left hook laid him out. While he was doing the Funky Chicken on the mat I said to the class, "Class is over". I walked out and never did go back lol.

He was tougher than Corn Pop!

Boxing rules

Aren't you from Canada? I thought all you guys did up there was walk around in mukluks and flannel talking about which tree to cut down next.

LOL

The Canadians you are referring to also play Hockey and look like the First Picture. I played Middle Line Backer/Football and Fought and look more like Second Picture lol

So the 1st pic is you leaving Quebec, and the second pic is you settling into Alberta? For what it’s worth you made the right decision lol

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Here's Tyson showing he never studied fighting inside.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Tyson Failing to fight inside.

Good clip. Tyson in his prime made his name fighting inside.

He did the head bob shoulder dip thing and was always squared up with great inside footwork. Being only 5’11” and a great knockout puncher it played to his strengths. I think the other comment was talking about in his older years. Guys game planned against Tysons technique and Tyson didn’t adapt well.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Randy Couture embarrassed James Toney in 2010. Couture took Toney down in 15 seconds. Beat him up and choked him out in 3 minutes.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
One of the reasons why Tyson won so much is because most of the fighters that fought him were petrified of him, even before the fight began!

You could smell the fear before the bell rung.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Tyson had a glass jaw but most couldnt land a punch to exploit it. THE Holyfield fight showed what a biotch he was! A skilled boxer vs a brawler. What he lacked in skill he made up with power but it didn't work for him in that fight. So he resorted to biting Holyfields ear off and making an excuse that he got a low hit.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
In his prime he was the best ever. He would have KO’d Ali or anyone else you care to name. Knockout power in both hands. Once Cus D’Amato died and Don King came into the picture, he started his downward spiral. Best EVER!

Ron

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This. Right on the money.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 70 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,536
Posts18,472,786
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.