Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The Gen 4 is a funny beast for me. I have big hands and have used the gun with all three grip size options. I usually add volume to the grips of any handgun. The funny part is the G4 works well for me in all 3 sizes.

NRA Life Member
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by supercrewd
The Gen 4 is a funny beast for me. I have big hands and have used the gun with all three grip size options. I usually add volume to the grips of any handgun. The funny part is the G4 works well for me in all 3 sizes.
I've got the Glock 42, 43, 26 (Gen 5), 19 (Gen 5), 17, 30, 20, 21, and 22. All of them Gen 4 other than the 26 and the 19, and all work fine for me without any backstrap inserts, except the Gen 4 22. With the medium backstrap, the 22 shoots great for me, however.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am just the opposite, small hands for the Glock 22. I had my wife try the G22 as a possible gun for the bedroom when I was working at night. She shot that pistol and said the recoil was to snappy for her. She asked for something tamer. So, I converted the G22 to a G17 9mm. She tried it again and declared it was now her gun! she shoots it well and I added a Streamlight TLR 7 weapon light on it. It is loaded with Lehigh 9mm +P+ 124 gold dot ammo, 1330fps. I told her that gun will most likely be used by her to kill me. My ammo selection was to try to limit my suffering. I pity anyone who messes with my wife, she will open a can of whoop ass on somebody. Probably me.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by gunzo
I've been seriously considering a grip reduction on one of the medium frames, a 19/23 or 17 & the like. Mainly getting rid of the arch in the lower backstrap. Thinking it will change the natural pointability to suit my hand & help me grip one much better.

Putting it off for a couple reasons, I'm not very artistic or patient & afraid the gun might look like crap after I try to stipple it. If just one gun, I would have it done by a pro. But that leads to reason 2 for putting it off is that if I really like it & I'd have to do several more. I wouldn't like paying for that, or a lot of boring(to me) repetitive stippling by doing it myself. Ahh, modern problems, too many guns to modify.

Glock Grip reduction DIY

Thanks superc, looks like a good system.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunzo
I've been seriously considering a grip reduction on one of the medium frames, a 19/23 or 17 & the like. Mainly getting rid of the arch in the lower backstrap. Thinking it will change the natural pointability to suit my hand & help me grip one much better.

Putting it off for a couple reasons, I'm not very artistic or patient & afraid the gun might look like crap after I try to stipple it. If just one gun, I would have it done by a pro. But that leads to reason 2 for putting it off is that if I really like it & I'd have to do several more. I wouldn't like paying for that, or a lot of boring(to me) repetitive stippling by doing it myself. Ahh, modern problems, too many guns to modify.

Glock Grip reduction DIY

Or, just do a little sanding...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GR

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love the G22 particularly in the gen 4. Grip size adjustments and a great RSA to handle the recoil of warmer loads.

I too have some LEO trade in G22 gen 4 but unlike many of you, the first one was pretty beat up and looked like a wee bit of road rash on it. A quick call to the vendor and he added a couple of mags to make the deal right.

The other one was in great shape and had a LE stamped slide with a logo. I got the beat up one Cera coated and it hid most of the rash and then upgraded the sights on both and worked on the triggers. I also added the larger grip to fill out the feel just right.

The better one is now my auto/truck carry gun and a joy to shoot.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 12344mag, 25classic, 2500HD, 58 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,992
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.