Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Worked with a guy who was in Nam,every story he had came straight from the movies Platoon and FMJ. Turned out he was a truck driver the whole time he was there.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rogue
Sounds about right. The fat war ninja finally admitted to being a dumb [bleep] MP.

Nobody likes MPs….

At one time you had two types of MP’s, garrison MP’s and Division MP’s. Two complete different mindsets, but mp corp changed that doctrine around 2013 time frame and their are no more division mp’s. Division mp’s did not do any LEO in Garrison. I had the honors of being in a MP battalion for couple years. Hands down I had one of the best CSM’s a guy could ask for! I have some very good friends that were mp’s.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lslite
Worked with a guy who was in Nam,every story he had came straight from the movies Platoon and FMJ. Turned out he was a truck driver the whole time he was there.

Hell yeah my kind of guy…

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I served with many heroes. I was not one myself.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I was medivacated out of Iraq. At first they thought I had MS, but turned out to be a reaction to all the damn shots. Thought I was going out in a medical so talked to the VA. They pushed PTSD! Asked questions and then reworded them when they didn’t like my answer. Would have been easy to get disability for that. I wanted to stay in and didn’t do it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blairvt
I was medivacated out of Iraq. At first they thought I had MS, but turned out to be a reaction to all the damn shots. Thought I was going out in a medical so talked to the VA. They pushed PTSD! Asked questions and then reworded them when they didn’t like my answer. Would have been easy to get disability for that. I wanted to stay in and didn’t do it.

A lot of that depends on whom your provider at the VA is, as well as whom is attending the decision boards. I know several people who got more disability than they wanted, or at least more than they tried for, and it was outprocessing military physicians or VA people themselves that pushed for the increase.

I am good friends with one Marine who was awarded (I believe) 90% service connected for an ulcer. He developed the ulcer due to being worried about getting in legal trouble for 'hazing' a Marine whom was an absolute sh:tbag. He didn't push for it as best I can tell but the military physician who conducted his discharge physical insisted, and it was approved.

I probably would fight a PTSD rating though since there have been instances of vets being denied background checks for guns and work security clearances, whom had it documented on their record.

Last edited by T_Inman; 12/25/22. Reason: Change of heart

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've only experienced a case of stolen valor once. CSM Stoney Crump was my hospital CSM 2007-2008. He was later found to have lied about being a Marine and spending time in Grenada and then later switching over to Delta. Years later he was forcibly retired as a SGT. It was all over the front page of the Army Times.

Here's my ribbon rack. I stayed busy over my 27+ years.

[Linked Image]

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go to any VA.....never met a cook or supply guy there!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dinny
I've only experienced a case of stolen valor once. CSM Stoney Crump was my hospital CSM 2007-2008. He was later found to have lied about being a Marine and spending time in Grenada and then later switching over to Delta. Years later he was forcibly retired as a SGT. It was all over the front page of the Army Times.

[Linked Image]

Thanks, Dinny

I remember the story very well, people were dumbfounded why he did it. Didn’t he also say he been to jungle school in Panama and bunch of other crazy chit? From what I recall they say he was a decent dude and didn’t have to embellish his record to get promoted.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A couple of my great uncles were drafted during WWII. If your family had money, you most likely wouldnt get drafted. They both were friends with a guy who avoided the draft, but when they both returned from the war they would run into him often in the bars and he would be telling "war stories"

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
79S,
You are correct. COL Kyle Campbell, the hospital CDR, testified that he performed his duties as the hospital CSM admirably. That testimony was key to Crump getting a retirement.

Medics bury their mistakes..
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Regarding the OP's post: Sure. Love it when someone says they were in such a secret outfit that there were no records kept. Records seem to be kept on everything. Unless they get destroyed like the fire in the records center.

Also back in the 70's it was amazing how many guys I ran into who were (said they were) snipers in Viet Nam.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by g5m
Regarding the OP's post: Sure. Love it when someone says they were in such a secret outfit that there were no records kept. Records seem to be kept on everything. Unless they get destroyed like the fire in the records center.

Also back in the 70's it was amazing how many guys I ran into who were (said they were) snipers in Viet Nam.
But when you go hunting with them they can’t hit chit…….and they don’t even realize it!!!!
Think they are doin fine.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Snipers, sigh

I don’t want to give the posers too much information on the internet to further their lies, but since I was on my battalion’s competitive shooting team years ago (not really a brag on my part- they didn’t have enough volunteers so I said screw it, I like to shoot and the ammo was free). I did learn a lot of the lingo. Pretty easy to ask some basic innocuous questions to smoke them out.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got into a Facebook debate with a loudmouth feminist who bragged her husband was an ex-seal. I paid the guy to run a check, he was no Seal.
Since it was her running her mouth and not him, I waited for her to do it again, but dammit she changed course.

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dinny

[Linked Image]

Thanks, Dinny

Pretty impressive. That Combat Medic Badge says a lot.
Bob

Last edited by RGK; 12/26/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It is very difficult to occupy a barstool without being between a SEAL and a Ranger - unless one of 'em was an astronaut besides. I don't play the game with them.

Hey, ingwe, you know at least one guy who was in fact MACV-SOG.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Joe Biden: from being a truck driver to being a lifeguard to even lying about his son being killed in Iraq - fugger stole America to make up his life story.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I was in IOB at Ft. Benning we were encouraged to go to airborne and ranger school even if we had been assigned to mechanized units. I knew several guys who spent a good portion of the first year of their 3 or 4 year commitment in schools; basic, airborne, air assault, jungle, ranger, and even junior officer maintenance course. The message was to get all of those schools on your record so that later in your career you wouldn't be passed over for a job or a promotion because you didn't have an airborne or ranger tab on your shoulder.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (257 mag, 37L1, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,637 guests, and 882 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,620
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.