Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Kind of a funny story from one of my passengers when flying around the world:

He was a no kidding SEAL traveling commercial air in civilian clothes, and ended up sitting next to another serviceman. Since they boarded early, the guy asks “what branch?” “Navy” says the SEAL… “oh yeah? What do you do?” (Wanting to end this conversation, and the movie “Under Siege” being in his recent memory) says “just a cook.”

Well, turns out the guy sitting next to him was a cook, and started going on and on about being a cook in the Navy.

Finally, the guy catches on and says “you’re not a cook are you?” “Nope”

He got caught posing as a cook.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
See and hear the schit all the time around here.
Grow pretty dulled to it.
Between all the working the system PTSD babies, neck beard and doggie I was SF types, all the rolling 201/erb back window sticker types.

My house and truck are sterile.

Got 1 thing in the man cave that my 39 armed goons gave me before I went to fuuuking Korea for my 3rd time 90 fuuking days after getting back from OIF 1.
My last line dog assignment as PSG.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LoadClear

He was a no kidding SEAL traveling commercial air in civilian clothes, and ended up sitting next to another serviceman. Since they boarded early, the guy asks “what branch?” “Navy” says the SEAL… “oh yeah? What do you do?” (Wanting to end this conversation, and the movie “Under Siege” being in his recent memory) says “just a cook.”

Well, turns out the guy sitting next to him was a cook, and started going on and on about being a cook in the Navy.

LMAO

Gotta like a SOF guy who tried to stop a conversation, only to have it spit ball into a full blown Julia Child moment.

God, please, can’t I just sit here in peace?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dinny is the only person I know on here that was in the "Duece" same time, same bat channel Era that I was.
We know alot of the same people, walked alot of the same ground, experienced alot of the same fuuuuked up events.
He was a young medic
I was a old PSG.

Only thing that means a fuuuuk too me is this plaque.
Given to me by young wolves I seen as brothers or sons.
My 1SG was given #81 with his Star CIB about 2 mins prior in the impromptu award ceremony the CO called one day.
Me and 1SG Bradshaw were pretty humbled and honored to say the least on what various soldiers and leaders in
B Co 1/ 502nd said that afternoon.
We both shook alot of hands and gave alot of man hugs after we said what we had to say for and about the Company after that ceremony.
This plaque means something to me.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

All the other " I love me" schit is boxed up and put away.
I have a 3 ribbon 6 high stack of fruit salad.
Didn't stagger ribbons.
Have Shiney metal trinkets and personal unit awards x 2 wars.
Don't have no service license plate even though I Qual for 4 or 5 of em.
I don't have fuuuking mil service baseball caps either.
Could have about 20 to 25 of those things of whatever themes..
Feel out of place at VA cause I don't have one...
🤦‍♂️🤣🤦‍♂️🥴🥴🥴

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's your choice, Ren. I can't fault you for it.

I do wear service caps at times, and have a window sticker in my car that says "Combat Veteran US Air Force". I may be bragging a bit, but it is also a way to stick it in the eye of people who happily make use of all the bennies but never lifted a finger to serve.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
That's your choice, Ren. I can't fault you for it.

I do wear service caps at times, and have a window sticker in my car that says "Combat Veteran US Air Force". I may be bragging a bit, but it is also a way to stick it in the eye of people who happily make use of all the bennies but never lifted a finger to serve.
I understand that also Rocky.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
See and hear the schit all the time around here.
Grow pretty dulled to it.
Between all the working the system PTSD babies, neck beard and doggie I was SF types, all the rolling 201/erb back window sticker types.

That Yeti sticker next to the Punisher decal just might mean he's got a dark side from being a Raider-ninja-commando

laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ren,
I bought a Dietz print of the Battle of Karbala when I came home. I got it framed and it's been hanging on my wall ever since. James really does a great job of portraying realism in his art.

Thanks, Doc Dinny

[Linked Image]

Medics bury their mistakes..
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The easiest way to tell if someone is a legit operator is to ask them if they know John burns.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

SEALs....I have ran into a few over the years who claimed to be, but who knows...

I do vividly remember one supposed SEAL who needed to get to an OP in Fallujah that I was headed by, so I threw him on the patrol roster. The guy couldn't even keep up on a normal 2-3 mile foot patrol. He was falling out and I was flabbergasted. I guess he may have been bullshïtting me about being a SEAL, but that is what he said to myself and the Company Gunny when at the COC and asked if anyone was headed the way he needed to go.

I never saw or heard from him again after we got to that OP and continued on without him. It sure left a poor impression of SEALs to me.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dassa
The easiest way to tell if someone is a legit operator is to ask them if they know John burns.

BOOM!! *FDE Gerber-mic* drop......

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dinny is the only person I know on here that was in the "Duece" same time, same bat channel Era that I was.
We know alot of the same people, walked alot of the same ground, experienced alot of the same fuuuuked up events.
He was a young medic
I was a old PSG.

My 1SG was given #81 with his Star CIB about 2 mins prior in the impromptu award ceremony the CO called one day.
Me and 1SG Bradshaw were pretty humbled and honored to say the least on what various soldiers and leaders in
We both shook alot of hands and gave alot of man hugs after we said what we had to say for and about the Company after that ceremony.

Didn't stagger ribbons.
🤦‍♂️🤣🤦‍♂️🥴🥴🥴

Buddy send address will get you hat in the mail asap. I have couple things hanging couple plaques with miniature guidons in them they are neat and my fellow donut eaters (career counselors) gave them to me. A 4th ID plaque giving to me from Division retention SGM. I also have a dietz print from our Afghanistan rotation hanging from the now inactive 4th bde 25th infantry division. That’s it, no license plates, nothing on my truck, I hate wearing hats, people see me laugh when I mention army cause I’m fat so they think I’m a stolen valor guy lol. I really don’t care.. but I do take advantage of the property tax breaks we get for disabled vets.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
My son spun me some stories when he was in Iraq with the Kurds. Who knows. He has been in Ukraine the last 10 months. He needs to write a book.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by T_Inman

SEALs....I have ran into a few over the years who claimed to be, but who knows...

I do vividly remember one supposed SEAL who needed to get to an OP in Fallujah that I was headed by, so I threw him on the patrol roster. The guy couldn't even keep up on a normal 2-3 mile foot patrol. He was falling out and I was flabbergasted. I guess he may have been bullshïtting me about being a SEAL, but that is what he said to myself and the Company Gunny when at the COC and asked if anyone was headed the way he needed to go.

I never saw or heard from him again after we got to that OP and continued on without him. It sure left a poor impression of SEALs to me.
Well this particular one… he was one of many on my jet those days, and he seemed to be recognized at NAS North Island when he departed.

Generally speaking (and I do mean generally), the guys who ride on C-17’s with their cargo are with the advance team for their unit, or SOF guys. Usually, regular Joes ride the cattle car civilian charter plane.

Ipso facto, most of the guys I hauled around were “special” in their own way.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Dinny
Ren,
I bought a Dietz print of the Battle of Karbala when I came home. I got it framed and it's been hanging on my wall ever since. James really does a great job of portraying realism in his art.

Thanks, Doc Dinny

[Linked Image]

We was the pushers in the city in 1st Bn.
Mout fights towards you guys till we hit our phase line LOA.
You guys in 2nd and 3rd Bn,s got the nice shooting gallery action at the Blocking/ outer cordon positions.

We fuuuking hated you guys that day....

🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrgh....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 79S
He was a young medic
I was a old PSG.

Didn't stagger ribbons.
🤦‍♂️🤣🤦‍♂️🥴🥴🥴

Buddy send address will get you hat in the mail asap. I have couple things hanging couple plaques with miniature guidons in them they are neat and my fellow donut eaters (career counselors) gave them to me. A 4th ID plaque giving to me from Division retention SGM. I also have a dietz print from our Afghanistan rotation hanging from the now inactive 4th bde 25th infantry division. That’s it, no license plates, nothing on my truck, I hate wearing hats, people see me laugh when I mention army cause I’m fat so they think I’m a stolen valor guy lol. I really don’t care.. but I do take advantage of the property tax breaks we get for disabled vets.
LOL!!!

Korean Lady runs the hat shop at Nashvegas VA.
Tons and I mean Tons of Hats from WW2 and forward.
She will make anything you want.

I was kinda flabbergasted at her shop.

I kinda like sticking out like a sore thumb hatless when I go down their.
Walking a round to my own little drum.

Come on man.
You really didn't go all stay puff marshmallow man after you retired.
You be bullschitting on that dude...

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🤔🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤔🤣🤣🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Arrrgh....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Come on man.

Arrrgh....

Puffy 4-Life after retirement 🤣🤣🤣🤣

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DV_Ramrod
Come on man.

Arrrgh....

You lose a foot man??
That sucks if ya did.

🤷‍♂️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤷‍♂️

argh.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Come on man.

Arrrgh....

You lose a foot man??
That sucks if ya did.

🤷‍♂️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤷‍♂️

argh.

Nah. Just can’t feel the b!tch after a fun incident in the sandbox. Eighty Deuce be deucin’

Last edited by DV_Ramrod; 12/26/22.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Come on man.

Arrrgh....

You lose a foot man??
That sucks if ya did.

🤷‍♂️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤷‍♂️

argh.

Nah. Just can’t feel the b!tch after a fun incident in the sandbox. Eighty Deuce be deucin’
Tracking.
Needs bracing for control?
👍👍🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️👍👍

Argh.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 338rcm, 222Sako, 338reddog, 264magnum, 64 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,541
Posts18,491,511
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.