Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I worked building a food production plant outside of Leon for the year of 2016. Flew down Monday and home on Friday most every week.

Waiting in customs one day a lady was talking to me. She was some online publisher. Sold her apartment in New York for big money and was renting a large house in San Miguel de Allende. Said it was 50% American (a number she pulled out of her butt I’m sure. Said a lot of celebrities were there. Had a house cleaner weekly and a chef half the time for cheap. She loved it. Wouldn’t be my idea if fun, but to each their own.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
No thanks. Make a mistake with the water and you'll regret it. I wouldn't even vacation anywhere in that country.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by DMc
My Sister had a condo in Mazatlan for 22 years.
No, she didn’t. A fideicomiso owned it and allowed her to think she owned it.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have no desire to go back there. Get ripped off every time you even buy gas and threatened by the police if you complain. Some very violent people down their and most seemed to hate white people. Might have been ok 40 years ago but I have no desire to live in such a corrupt place that won't allow you to even defend yourself.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 12/26/22.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Juarez is pretty nice.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I worked building a food production plant outside of Leon for the year of 2016. Flew down Monday and home on Friday most every week.

Waiting in customs one day a lady was talking to me. She was some online publisher. Sold her apartment in New York for big money and was renting a large house in San Miguel de Allende. Said it was 50% American (a number she pulled out of her butt I’m sure. Said a lot of celebrities were there. Had a house cleaner weekly and a chef half the time for cheap. She loved it. Wouldn’t be my idea if fun, but to each their own.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I know several Americans that live in San Miguel. It does have a relatively high percentage of ex pats living there. They consider it safe. One couple has had a place in the La Pax area for 25 years with no problems. They are now moving to San Miguel.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife and I spent some time in Mazatlan many years ago and then started going to Ixtapa Zihuatanejo every year. We always had a great time and the food was incredible. It was a lot less expensive than going to Hawaii. I got the chits once while we were there. Anyway, we no longer go to Mexico, it's not safe. JMHO

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska
My wife and I spent some time in Mazatlan many years ago and then started going to Ixtapa Zihuatanejo every year. We always had a great time and the food was incredible. It was a lot less expensive than going to Hawaii. I got the chits once while we were there. Anyway, we no longer go to Mexico, it's not safe. JMHO
Buddy of mine got shot in Zihua on the trail from Las Gatas to LaRopa last winter.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is the greatest country ever.... can't imagine wanting to live anywhere else and I'm from California 😉

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have spent quite a bit of time in Mexico City dealing with Pemex.
It’s all safe right up until it’s not……

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LoadClear
You also can’t own land in Mexico. You have to set up a trust with a Mexican lawyer you trust.

Yes you can. Americans and other foreigners can hold direct deed to property with the same rights and responsibilities as Mexican nationals. You just can’t own it within 50 kilometers(31 miles) of a beach or 100 kilometers(62 miles) from an international border. Within the restricted zone it has to be in a trust

Last edited by huntsonora; 12/26/22.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by huntsonora
You also can’t own land in Mexico. You have to set up a trust with a Mexican lawyer you trust.

Yes you can. Americans and other foreigners can hold direct deed to property with the same rights and responsibilities as Mexican nationals. You just can’t own it within 50 kilometers(31 miles) of a beach or 100 kilometers(62 miles) from an international border
Maybe you should read the whole thread?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Have visited or worked in about half a dozen + places in Mexico or Latin countries that this describes perfectly.

May sound oversimplified, but if the population is mostly brown people speaking Spanish or black people speaking French, it’s probably a schit-hole

Failure's always an option
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yes you can. Americans and other foreigners can hold direct deed to property with the same rights and responsibilities as Mexican nationals. You just can’t own it within 50 kilometers(31 miles) of a beach or 100 kilometers(62 miles) from an international border

Appears bcp corrected you before I did. Didn’t see that but wanted to make sure your incorrect statement was corrected.

Thanks bcp

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by tucsonan
Have visited or worked in about half a dozen + places in Mexico or Latin countries that this describes perfectly.

May sound oversimplified, but if the population is mostly brown people speaking Spanish or black people speaking French, it’s probably a schit-hole
Truth.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Appears bcp corrected you before I did. Didn’t see that but wanted to make sure your incorrect statement was corrected.

Thanks bcp

Lol GFY.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thanks bcp

Lol GFY.

😂😂😂

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Thanks bcp

Lol GFY.

😂😂😂

Pease point out the areas that an American human would like to purchase to live which is available under Mexican law?

Fugging idiot

Last edited by LoadClear; 12/26/22.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sure,

just look up communities where the entire town is at the border, ready for Title 42 to end, and cross the boarder so they can be welfare collecting democRats....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Around Ciudad Juarez is very nice, I hear. smile

L.W.

I grew up not far from there. I won’t even visit. Glad to see you’ve still got a good sense of humor!!!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,519
Posts18,491,007
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.