Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
So this thing is a “cloud based” WI-FI enabled picture frame, the darn thing actually will play short instagram like movies.

Now -
Grandma is NOT good at seeing pictures on text, email, or facebook so everyone sending her a picture has had some major, major problems.

The way it works -
Someone sets it up (contacts it to Wi-Fi, and creates the cloud account off their website), and it will send emails to who ever you invite.
ALL those people get to download an application on their IPhone / Android / IPAD etc… that lets them upload pictures to the cloud that automatically show up on the picture frame …

The picture frame monitors “light” in the room, and shut off when the lights are turned off, it uses the Wi-Fi to download anything people uploads automatically, you can use your finger to “swipe” to the next picture. The thing shows pictures and will play movies with sound that you take with your smart phone.

My mom took her old photo album, had the kids take pictures of what she wanted and upload them…
Next thing you know there is 160+ pictures on it.. and some movies as well…
The best part - Mom doesn’t have to check email, texts, or face book for pictures …

If you have an older relative that doesn’t do well with getting pictures - this is your huckleberry…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09X1XW8LC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Last edited by Spotshooter; 12/27/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grin God, how the times have changed!
I’m absolutely certain that the best presents I gave for Christmas were guns! Ben’s .22, his 20 gauge, (May have been birthday, I don’t remember), Penny’s .22 ( Ruger American).
Best I ever got was guns too, a .22 Marlin, and a 20 gauge single shot.
I must be getting obsolete! grin
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I’m absolutely certain that the best presents I gave for Christmas were guns! Ben’s .22, his 20 gauge, (May have been birthday, I don’t remember), Penny’s .22 ( Ruger American).
7mm

Not obsolete…..just rare! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
7mm

Best X-Mas present I ever received was an Ithaca 12 gauge shotgun.

This is the one I got.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/27/22.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This reminds me of my Mom.
She always had dial phone.
When I got outta the service, Carol and I got her a digital phone with big numbers and a 10 number program.
When we gave it to her, she didn’t want it, but we programmed it with the garage and her sisters numbers, and showed her how to use it.
After that, She loved it. Push one big, easy to see button, and the phone did the rest
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tag

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That a great gift idea for my mother. Thanks for posting👍🏻

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mother's day is coming y'all.

Great idea

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
So this thing is a “cloud based” WI-FI enabled picture frame, the darn thing actually will play short instagram like movies.

Now -
Grandma is NOT good at seeing pictures on text, email, or facebook so everyone sending her a picture has had some major, major problems.

The way it works -
Someone sets it up (contacts it to Wi-Fi, and creates the cloud account off their website), and it will send emails to who ever you invite.
ALL those people get to download an application on their IPhone / Android / IPAD etc… that lets them upload pictures to the cloud that automatically show up on the picture frame …

The picture frame monitors “light” in the room, and shut off when the lights are turned off, it uses the Wi-Fi to download anything people uploads automatically, you can use your finger to “swipe” to the next picture. The thing shows pictures and will play movies with sound that you take with your smart phone.

My mom took her old photo album, had the kids take pictures of what she wanted and upload them…
Next thing you know there is 160+ pictures on it.. and some movies as well…
The best part - Mom doesn’t have to check email, texts, or face book for pictures …

If you have an older relative that doesn’t do well with getting pictures - this is your huckleberry…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09X1XW8LC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Thanks for a great idea!!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KillerBee
7mm

Best X-Mas present I ever received was an Ithaca 12 gauge shotgun.

This is the one I got.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cool Beans, KB! Those were excellent shotguns.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
We game Mom one of those frames a few years ago. It’s the Skylight brand but exact same features.

Moms first reaction wasn’t so hot - thought it was a standard digital frame. When I told her you emailed photos to it she started setting it up right then! She loves it. Especially since my family is spread out it’s a good way to keep up

He went over yonder way
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I don't know which gift was the best I ever gave, but I gave my dad quite a few over the last 20 years.

Tromix 44 Rem Mag AR-15
Tromix 10mm Magnum M1 Carbine
Volquartsen 17 HMR semi, with a Zeiss 4-12 on it.
Winchester Model 88 243
Winchester Model 88 284
Tromix Wincheser Model 88 22-250 imp
Colt Series 70 38 Super, mint.
70's vintage Ruger 44 Magnum autoloader.

Tony

Last edited by TonyRumore; 12/27/22.

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1badf350, 1minute, 1Longbow, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 63 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,175
Posts18,503,209
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.