Print Thread
Hop To
C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Had a great conversation with Neil today, bought a Steiner Predator 4 4-16x50mm for my coyote AR. Looking forward to getting it!

Opinions on this scope are welcome...

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great heavy duty scope, they have awesome glass. Nice reticle for hunting

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The optical qualities are superb -- as is the price that CLNY is offering them at! I wish, though, that they'd offer that same scope with a simple duplex and illuminated dot.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've got a steiner GS3 4-20x50 not sure how it look compared to the model you've ordered but I would call mine excellent it's definitely getting up there toward alpha glass

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Doubt you'll be disappointed as i have the 6-24 and the ill reticle is nice.

IC B2

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
It’s in the same give or take as most top glass like the swaro z6/8, Zeiss v8, better than the v6 imo, as well as the Schmidt’s and the Leica magnus, optically it’s in that conversation.

Still head scratching over the money people are paying for Leupold hunting scopes with this scope out there, to each their own though. It also doesn’t tunnel on the low end and the fov is huge with a very forgiving eyebox. Reminds me a lot of the victory diavari fl scopes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have the GS3 2-10 .....

very pleased with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
The optical qualities are superb -- as is the price that CLNY is offering them at!

Man, that is a good price. I don't really need one, but at that price...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Snagged a 2-10x for my Ruger 22K hornet calling rifle. If I'm lucky it'll show up by Christmas. I've been wanting to try one of these for a few months now.

Last edited by screaminweasil; 12/19/22.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
2-10 predator 4 came in today. For now, mounted it on a custom 22-250 Ackley because that is what i'm using for coyote for the remainder of the season.

Compared directly with the Lecia Amplus 6 2.5-15x50x, in [bleep], dreary, sprinkling conditions this afternoon.

Leica has a side parallax adjustment, the 2-10x Steiner does not, so it's not apples to apples obviously.

Looking at 200 yards at some rim rocks, the field of view on similar powers..........compared at 6x and 10x............the Steiner wins out. Which is crazy, because the Leica has an awesome field of view.

I think the brightness was equal.
I think the Steiner has a little better "contrast".........pretty fricken poppy!!

The Leica has a little better resolution. Could be due to being able to tweak the side parallax.

In any event. Glass quality is excellent. Took 2 shots to sight in. Bore site was 1" lower than I wanted/needed.........came up 4 clicks and had my 200 yard zero.

I'll be ordering a 4-16x50 Steiner here shortly...............Cameraland for the Win.!!!!!

P.S............the Steiner Reticle is [bleep] Awesome (for a hold over) and the illumination is daylight bright, even against a white sky in the sunlight....(earlier before the rain came)

Last edited by screaminweasil; 12/27/22.
IC B3

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Glad you like the 2-10x. My 4-16x50mm arrived last week but I decided I was unwilling to separate Burris Veracity 2-10x that is perfectly sighted in on my AR from its cantilever mount. I don't have another mount currently so I am patiently waiting to purchase one since shipping right now is insane between Christmas and the weather throughout the country. I have played with the scope a little and really like it. It has a parallax adjustment that the 2-10x doesn't. Ironically the FFP Veracity has a parallax adjustment, just no illumination. The higher mag and the illumination is why I went with the Predator 4, same weight as Veracity 2-10x (0.1 oz difference and ~1" longer).

The Predator 8 2-16x was everything I wanted but wasn't willing to spend that much on this rifle setup. Weather broke in Memphis today, finally above balls-cold today and tomorrow is going to be in the 50's! I may end up mounting it and going shooting, my GAS was way too low the past 5 days with single digit temps and guests in the house.
Now if FedEx can get caught up and deliver my Swaro back from Rhode Island, it was supposed to arrive on the 24th, but the weather and shipping volume has it who knows where....

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by cotis
Glad you like the 2-10x. My 4-16x50mm arrived last week but I decided I was unwilling to separate Burris Veracity 2-10x that is perfectly sighted in on my AR from its cantilever mount. I don't have another mount currently so I am patiently waiting to purchase one since shipping right now is insane between Christmas and the weather throughout the country. I have played with the scope a little and really like it. It has a parallax adjustment that the 2-10x doesn't. Ironically the FFP Veracity has a parallax adjustment, just no illumination. The higher mag and the illumination is why I went with the Predator 4, same weight as Veracity 2-10x (0.1 oz difference and ~1" longer).

The Predator 8 2-16x was everything I wanted but wasn't willing to spend that much on this rifle setup. Weather broke in Memphis today, finally above balls-cold today and tomorrow is going to be in the 50's! I may end up mounting it and going shooting, my GAS was way too low the past 5 days with single digit temps and guests in the house.
Now if FedEx can get caught up and deliver my Swaro back from Rhode Island, it was supposed to arrive on the 24th, but the weather and shipping volume has it who knows where....

Yeah, shipping has been a [bleep] show........

Let us know what you think, once you get more time with the 4-16x

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
4-16x Ordered.........

B
B
What the heck, ordered 4X16 for my .243 WSSM AR. Looks like a good price to me.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
The optical qualities are superb -- as is the price that CLNY is offering them at! I wish, though, that they'd offer that same scope with a simple duplex and illuminated dot.
my thought exactly Bobby. i'm not much for the busy rets for hunting. a zeiss #60 copy maybe with heavier sideposts would be the stuff.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by whitearrow
my thought exactly Bobby. i'm not much for the busy rets for hunting. a zeiss #60 copy maybe with heavier sideposts would be the stuff.
Big Ed

Funny thing is: Steiner has just the reticle you describe in the Ranger 4 series of scopes. But they restrict those from being sold in the US and no longer allow vendors to ship them here. I inquired about getting that reticle in the Predator scope, but Steiner will not do that.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 5sdad, 257robertsimp, 348srfun, 15 invisible), 2,003 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,390
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.