Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
It never fails . The man sauce twins , Burns and Camuglia , giving their all. LMAO

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
My interpretation of the video’s message is that using impacts on target is a more reliable way to develop loads than searching for minimum velocity dispersion in data sets with insufficient sample size.

That’s exactly what he’s saying and that’s exactly what the Audette isolates
Well, you’re at least half right.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by a pair of arshole narcissists
Meaningless memes starring Will Farrell

You go Burnsie!!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Teal
That's interesting there Jordan.

IMO - consistent MV would result in more consistent barrel harmonics which is the desired result.
Wrong-o

As was shown in the video in the OP
So inconsistency in the speed at which a bullet travels down the barrel (which would be the only thing causing barrel harmonics to happen - just sitting there, unfired doesn't do anything) - makes the harmonics consistent.

Flies in the face of all things rational but....

JFC?

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Go back and watch the video before yappin.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
KFC? I'm in!!! But only if I can have your mashed potatoes and gravy.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by a pair of arshole narcissists
Meaningless memes starring Will Farrell

You go Burnsie!!!

If you would have known proper load developement and shooting techniques you might not have puzzied out on the Sand Dune Elk Cull qualifier.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Commenting in the LR Hunting Forum when you are afraid to shoot 300yds in front of people is Duly Noted.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 12/29/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, "Didn't see that coming."

I have a great load for that rifle, but nice try. Go have some more mashed potatoes and gravy and think about that.

Shooting in front of people had zero relevance. Having to take a day off work and drive 8 hours for the privilege of participating in a goat rope "qualification" where five out of 30 passed, and the guy who set up the course missed 5 out of 6 shots all to drive elk off the national refuge so that hunters on private land could get at them kind of persuaded me that it wasn't for me.

"Hunting" is supposed to be fun and that goat rope sounded like neither. It's funny that I could let that go but you and RC can't.

Mind other people's business much?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
"Hunting" is supposed to be fun and that goat rope sounded like neither.

Especially when you know the results will be embarrassing

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have a great load for that rifle, but nice try. Go have some more mashed potatoes and gravy and think about that.

Shooting in front of people had zero relevance. Having to take a day off work and drive 8 hours for the privilege of participating in a goat rope "qualification" where five out of 30 passed, and the guy who set up the course missed 5 out of 6 shots all to drive elk off the national refuge so that hunters on private land could get at them kind of persuaded me that it wasn't for me.

"Hunting" is supposed to be fun and that goat rope sounded like neither. It's funny that I could let that go but you and RC can't.

Lie as you must.

Next week, but I might punt. The kneeling position just ain't working for me with the .300 Weatherby. That's the rifle I specified, because it's the only one I had a load worked up for copper bullets. That was a mistake but can't change it now.

Last weekend I shot using a post but I used the big post (roof support) at the range and just pushed my sticks up against it. I could kneel upright with my back straight and it worked fine, hit the plate every time and absorbed the recoil just fine I was thinking no problem. Then I went back and looked at the video and saw that his post is a short one, too short to use it for a brace if you're kneeling upright. If you notice, he's bent over and leaning pretty far forward, looks like it works well with a suppressed rifle but it doesn't work so well with an unsuppressed magnum. I tried it that way yesterday, didn't cut myself with the scope but came damn close, no thanks.

And I'm just not good enough kneeling upright with sticks and nothing to lean against, I shot that way yesterday and did OK but missed enough that an 8-hour round trip is not worth it. I'll re-load my empties and try again this weekend, see if I can get comfortable enough to guarantee no misses but right now it's not looking good. I'm sure they'll have plenty of others willing to help with their cull.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Anything can be improved apon unless you are so smart your done learning

Pick two different seating depths 30 thou apart and run your test again. When you come up with two different answers you will understand that you haven't found the holy grail.........

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Trystan

Pick two different seating depths 30 thou apart and run your test again. When you come up with two different answers you will understand that you haven't found the holy grail.........

Trystan

No schidt Sherlock

Change anything in the test and your load may change

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Trystan

No schidt Sherlock

Change anything in the test and your load may change

EXACTLY!

I'm surprised your connecting to dotz but nonetheless you seem to be although I still think you completely missed the obvious

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
EXACTLY!

I'm surprised your connecting to dotz but nonetheless you seem to be although I still think you completely missed the obvious

Trystan

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Who is Creighton Audette?

Creighton Audette did as much for the precision shooting community than possibly any other figure in history. His engineering background and objective, data-driven approach gave new insight and helped bring clarity to this emerging field that is often clouded with strong opinions, myths, and gut feelings. Audette (now deceased) has been referred to by people who worked with him as “the best engineer that ever worked at Frankford Arsenal”. He shot on the US Palma Team, and won multiple National Matches at Camp Perry. Many of his articles were published in American Rifleman and Precision Shooting magazines, and are still considered to be the most advanced and accepted methods in the field. One of my favorite quotes about him is “he had more intellect in two of his nose hairs about rifles, shooting, and engineering than probably the entire shooting community today!” He was truly a pioneer in precision shooting.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Lie as you must.

Next week, but I might punt. The kneeling position just ain't working for me with the .300 Weatherby. That's the rifle I specified, because it's the only one I had a load worked up for copper bullets. That was a mistake but can't change it now.

Last weekend I shot using a post but I used the big post (roof support) at the range and just pushed my sticks up against it. I could kneel upright with my back straight and it worked fine, hit the plate every time and absorbed the recoil just fine I was thinking no problem. Then I went back and looked at the video and saw that his post is a short one, too short to use it for a brace if you're kneeling upright. If you notice, he's bent over and leaning pretty far forward, looks like it works well with a suppressed rifle but it doesn't work so well with an unsuppressed magnum. I tried it that way yesterday, didn't cut myself with the scope but came damn close, no thanks.

And I'm just not good enough kneeling upright with sticks and nothing to lean against, I shot that way yesterday and did OK but missed enough that an 8-hour round trip is not worth it. I'll re-load my empties and try again this weekend, see if I can get comfortable enough to guarantee no misses but right now it's not looking good. I'm sure they'll have plenty of others willing to help with their cull.

LOL, go have some more mashed potatoes and gravy.

What does anything you quoted have to do with "shooting in front of people?" I believe I made it clear that I didn't have confidence shooting by myself at my home range.

You're projecting again, Seinfeld. What drives you matters little to me. Narcissism, it's real.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

What does anything you quoted have to do with "shooting in front of people?" I believe I made it clear that I didn't have confidence shooting by myself at my home range.

His quotes prove you’re a liar.

🤷🏿‍♂️

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
EXACTLY!

Trystan

Jag? Jag, is that you?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

🤷🏿‍♂️

And your posts prove you’re his ball washer.
🤷🏻‍♂️

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

🤷🏿‍♂️

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"Hunting" is supposed to be fun and that goat rope sounded like neither.

I believe I made it clear that I didn't have confidence shooting by myself at my home range.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
LLC principal or principal member, also called the responsible party, is a person who has been authorized by the LLC to act on its behalf in legal and tax matters. Such a person usually has financial and decision-making powers on behalf of the LLC.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,532
Posts18,530,954
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.