Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Not the greatest photo, but a x62 that I'm playing with/building. Winny 670 rebored by JES. Jeweled the bolt, pillared, bedded (whole channel) and floated, reblued. Stripped the stock, stained it with saddle dye, oil finish. Last two items on the list are 1) installing the new Williams fiber optic sights and 2) rebluing and then attaching the period correct front sight hood.

[Linked Image]

Quite an improvement to the 670.
cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

HR IC

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Not the greatest photo, but a x62 that I'm playing with/building. Winny 670 rebored by JES. Jeweled the bolt, pillared, bedded (whole channel) and floated, reblued. Stripped the stock, stained it with saddle dye, oil finish. Last two items on the list are 1) installing the new Williams fiber optic sights and 2) rebluing and then attaching the period correct front sight hood.

[Linked Image]

Quite an improvement to the 670.
cool
The stock looks much nicer now. But honestly the action and trigger were much better than expected. I'd love to find another 670 or two in different cartridges.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They were an inexpensive gun back in the day and were a Mdl 70 without the shine, but they shot just as well as the more expensive Mdl 70. Good choice on a donor.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bruce, not mine but my best friend recently acquired a nice condition Tikka 512S with two sets of barrels -12 gauge O/U and 9.3X74R O/U. He had no idea where to find ammo for it. I ordered a box of Hornady brass, some 286 gr Hornady Interlocks and dies. Easy peasey, 68 grains of IMR-4350 and a CCI 200 LR primer. I haven’t shot it yet, looking forward to it soon.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Graf & Sons have PPU 9.3x74R brass in stock, just got 200 pcs last week

PPU 9.3x74R brass

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My 9.3x57, almost too pretty to hunt......almost

That’s a beauty!

Saw it on a classifieds site in PA and could see the figure despite it being in rough shape. Bought it and took it home with me and brought it back to life and I was surprised just how well it turned out. As an added bonus my local gun store had 3 boxes of ammo on the shelf, didn't know how odd that was until a few months later and learned how little is out there. Dies came a little harder...

Last edited by mitchellmountain; 12/29/22.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
They were an inexpensive gun back in the day and were a Mdl 70 without the shine, but they shot just as well as the more expensive Mdl 70. Good choice on a donor.

Yup. Based on what I researched, there were a couple tiers of 670s. This one had some of the nicer features. Pretty sad what a "budget" gun comes with today in terms of quality vs. what used to be considered lower end.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
CZ 550 FS. It’s killed a couple critters for me.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Couple more

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ve got a M146 9.3x57 that’s a nice shooting rifle.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

And a Ruger Hawkeye I had rebored and added a McMillan to

Semper Fi
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Puddle
Really liking the figure in that stock!

My 9.3x62mm is a Lipsey's that going on its first trip across the pond in a couple months to put the Big Sneak on a few Cape Buffalo cows.

Ruger?

I owned two of the Rugers. Poverty dictated that they got sold. A good member here got one, and I'm happy he ended up with it.

I've been looking at the 46A Swede action 9.3X57s at Simpson for a while and might sell something to buy & try one.

Yup. I've wrung it out with a couple hundred rounds of handloads and have no qualms about pointing it at Buff. It's wearing a 2.5x fixed power scope.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This is my 9.3X62. It’s built on Brno zG-47 action with a 21” McGowen barrel. The barrel blank was profiled to match the factory shape. The original sights were moved to the new barrel.

I carved the stock from a nice piece of English walnut given to me by a friend. The forend tip and grip cap are ebony. I did the slow rust bluing.

The scope is a Leupold Vari-Xlll 1.75-6 mounted in Alaska Arms QD rings.

All in all a nice, accurate rifle that is a pleasure to shoot.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

My 9.3x62mm is a Lipsey's that going on its first trip across the pond in a couple months to put the Big Sneak on a few Cape Buffalo cows.

Ruger?

I owned two of the Rugers. Poverty dictated that they got sold. A good member here got one, and I'm happy he ended up with it.

I've been looking at the 46A Swede action 9.3X57s at Simpson for a while and might sell something to buy & try one.

Yep and I'm happy I ended up with it too.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mauser98
This is my 9.3X62. It’s built on Brno zG-47 action with a 21” McGowen barrel. The barrel blank was profiled to match the factory shape. The original sights were moved to the new barrel.

I carved the stock from a nice piece of English walnut given to me by a friend. The forend tip and grip cap are ebony. I did the slow rust bluing.

The scope is a Leupold Vari-Xlll 1.75-6 mounted in Alaska Arms QD rings.

All in all a nice, accurate rifle that is a pleasure to shoot.

Perfection, IMO.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JLimbo

Ruger?

Yep and I'm happy I ended up with it too.

Not many Rugers look that nice, do they Mike?

I've had a case of seller's remorse since you set the rifle in your car and drove off with it. I am glad, however, you're using it.

The other 9.3X62 I hated to see go was this one put together by Mike McCabe on a 1908 Brazilian action and Husqvarna parts that another friend "screwed" me out of. But, he is a Prince of a guy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, you're saying you like the 9.3X62, or did I miss something?

That top one with the Swede action came from Simpson and was once a hunting club gun in Sweden, I'll wager.

I love the medium bores in general. Pretty much anything from .32 to .375 gets my attention, but I especially love the .35s and 9.3s.

I don't think the x57 is a Simpson gun, the import stamp is very faint and I can't quite make it out, but I don't think it is Simpson. I bought it here on the 'Fire about a decade ago. It is unaltered and a joy to handle, though I can't see the sights well enough to hunt it much. Can't bring myself to butcher it. BTW, the sticker says "Jaktmarker och Fiskevatten", which translates to "Hunting Grounds & Fishing Waters". It is a long running Swedish hunting/fishing magazine that is still in print. I read somewhere on the 'net that it used to be customary to apply a sticker to the stock when a moose hunter qualified on the moving moose target. Whether there is any truth to that or whether it was just for decoration, I don't know. It was on the internet so it MUST be true... I like to think it flattened a moose or two in its previous life. I just hope to shoot a deer with it someday, in good light...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Blaser R93 Grand Luxe Stutzen

Two barrel set, 9.3 x 62 and 30-06 Springfield

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Finally installed the new Williams Fire Sights and took a couple better pics (though the upload here always seems to blur them a bit). The fiber optic is so much easier to see... really looking forward to playing with this one.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by geedubya

ya!

GWB

That’s neat GW!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by geedubya

ya!

GWB

That’s neat GW!
Yep, for sure.

That boy sure got some pretty toys.

I like’em.

And he whacks some nice critters with them.

DF

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (12344mag, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 264mag, 338rcm, 21 invisible), 1,629 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.