Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Stammster
Originally Posted by EdM
Neither my Porsche or Audi have spares and they are a better ride.

Neither my Lamborghini nor my motorcycle have spares.

My 77 Cordoba had a spare in the trunk, but the damn trunk deck completely rusted out on me, and the spare went whizzing down Interstate 75 into oncoming traffic at about 80 miles an hour.

Pretty sure it took out an RV from Michigan. I saw a great big fireball in the rear view mirror. Oh well.🤷‍♂️

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Most can't change one anyway

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
So, what's AAA going to do out on the road with no spare?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
So, what's AAA going to do out on the road with no spare?

Laugh at you for knowing you had no spare and still hitting the road unprepared?

Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
For many years, when I would get a new car or truck, the first thing I did was to get home and practice changing a tire; making sure all the necessary stuff was with it to do the job..

Now that I'm closer to 'ancient', AND the spare tire for my truck is a helluva lot closer to 100#+, I keep a 3/4" impact driver in the stowage along with the proper sized socket. Truck comes with a hydraulic jack so that's one item I don't have to add. eek

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
crazy Grand daughter has a 2021 Kia, no nothing! No spare tire, no jack, no wheel wrench!

End of rant.

did she have a 12v air compressor

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Dont worry about it. It will get stolen before there's a flat.
Kias and Hyundais are the most stolen. Too easy to break into and start.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WTF
Dont worry about it. It will get stolen before there's a flat.
Kias and Hyundais are the most stolen. Too easy to break into and start.

That's not entirely true or false. They are not the most stolen, but could be the easiest.

Someone's got to be hard up to steal one of those.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Working on a rig, on the side of the road:

A few years ago, in a heavy snow storm, I84 exit into Ontario Or. A truck w/ trailer and pup pulled to the side on the cloverleaf exit ramp to place chains.

Driver was on his knees working under the truck when another like rig from the same company came up the ramp.

The second truck ran over the first driver's ankles and feet with several axles. The driver of the second truck never even knew he had hit his coworker. The cops chased him down on the far side of town.

It has been a few years, but I think the first driver lost both feet.

There might be a reason professionals are paid to sit and wait for service vehicles.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

A few years ago, in a heavy snow storm, I84 exit into Ontario Or. A truck w/ trailer and pup pulled to the side on the cloverleaf exit ramp to place chains.

Driver was on his knees working under the truck when another like rig from the same company came up the ramp.

The second truck ran over the first driver's ankles and feet with several axles. The driver of the second truck never even knew he had hit his coworker. The cops chased him down on the far side of town.

There might be a reason professionals are paid to sit and wait for service vehicles.

So they should wait and have someone put their chains on now too?

Maybe have someone pump fuel, bring back full service at filling stations.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
These posts are all playing in to sympathize with the OP and his dumbfukk family’s poor decisions

Don’t even carry a spare…it’s too dangerous to rescue yourself on 20ft of emergency lane plus gravel shoulder

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S

He should have found a safer place to install chains. NEVER work on a car with your legs sticking out on an interstate exit ramp. Something bad could happen.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wife's 2018 BMW 540i, no spare, runflats. Just put on a set of Michelins, about $1300.00 for the set, and that was a good price. 19" runflats ain't cheap.

But, I can't remember the last time I had to change a tire on the road. Been lucky I guess, I've always checked my vehicles visually before driving, and the late cars will let you know if a tire is low on start-up.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by deflave
If an individual needed a strong legal defense for the genocide of Methodists, I’d call Wabigoon to the stand and let him speak for 30 minutes.
Holy schit!!!

LMFAO!!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrrrgh...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by slumlord
I'm waiting on the correct wheel size.
None of your offspring can read the sidewall of a tire???

Tell them to snap a pic and send it to your phone.

LOL I can barely read the damn sidewall, bifocals and bending over, crap lighting, crud on tire.
Isn't that info on the sticker on door ?

Heaven forbid one just go to the web and type in car by year and model, trim level and get the factory wheel size.

Theres usually some basement dweller or Brit (both?) that will geek out over the factory spec and tell you your wheelbearings or suspension will fall apart if you change anything. Those type are all over the import forums.
Psssst...

They put them sticker thingamabobs inside the drivers door frame...

Except kia,s.....

🥴🥴🥴🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🥴🥴🥴

I'm gonna go watch modern marvels.
Show is about flat tires!!!

argh?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

He should have found a safer place to install chains. NEVER work on a car with your legs sticking out on an interstate exit ramp. Something bad could happen.

Absolurely! I think he spun out on the uphill exit ramp.

Of course, the intelligent thing to do would have been pull into the rest stop he passed a 1/2 mile earlier to put chains on.

After dealing with many, many truck drivers over the last twenty years. I would not expect a lot of them to take the intelligent action.

There a lot of bright, professiona

l drivers on the road. There are also o lot of idiots.

Corporations have to regulate for the lowest common denominator.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Dammit, all this talk of flats.

I walked out of work last night to the right rear rim of the Accord on the pavement. I have owned the car about a year and a half. The donut had air then, it does not now.

A coworker gave me and the tire a ride 1/2 mile to the Schwabbs and they fixed the flat. Bad valve stem.

Second tire I have changed in about thirty years.

I put one of those 12 V air pumps in the g daughters car. I need to get one for mine and for Momma's.

Of course Mama ain't gonna need to change no flat. She has a cell phone to call me, or a son, or two SILs who would each be eager to assist.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a call that two college boys on the way to software engineer intern summer job have a flat tire and do not know how to change the tire.

While I was changing the tire, I told them a lie.

I said that the miniature spare tire was "the tire of shame" and no girl would have sex with them.

The two boys were virgins and worried all day.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Well, DUH!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S

Absolurely! I think he spun out on the uphill exit ramp.

Of course, the intelligent thing to do would have been pull into the rest stop he passed a 1/2 mile earlier to put chains on.

After dealing with many, many truck drivers over the last twenty years. I would not expect a lot of them to take the intelligent action.

There a lot of bright, professiona

l drivers on the road. There are also o lot of idiots.

Corporations have to regulate for the lowest common denominator.

I drove over the road for 8 years. Yes, some of the CDL boys are real dumb asses.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,284
Posts18,486,844
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.