Campfire Regular
J
GO BLUE!!

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Go Frogs!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes. The better half.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Any one from the Great Lakes State !!!

I grew up there though the rest of my family is in Virginia. Work took the family there and as the story goes my Grandma cried for 2 straight days because we were going to live with Yankees. grin

I joined the Army out of high school and haven't been back.

I do feel a nostalgic pull of the Roscommon County deer woods every November 15th.

Some of my fondest memories are fly fishing the Au Sable and grouse and woodcock hunting.

Every now and then I pull up real estate listings around Grayling and look for a place on the river. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll pull the trigger. smile
Same here. I’m bias but Roscommon County isn’t Yankee’s. It’s up North but isn’t Yankees.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
I hope it's a good game, TCU made it this far. Don't underestimate the underdog.

Go blue

Hopefully it will at least be a good game.

The first half will be close, but by the middle of the third quarter Michigan's depth and big men will hammer TCU.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Victors Valiant.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Go Blue! We're with you Bo, win or tie laugh

1985 grad here, with son who graduated Spring 2022 and daughter matriculating spring 2023.

Hope I'm back from S.Africa in time for her graduation.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have lived in Michigan my entire life. Politics aside, it's a great state to live in, and I honestly can't think of a state a would rather live in. Very fortunate to have the Great Lakes as my playground and God willing, hopefully have a cabin in Frankfort area along Lake Michigan shoreline soon. Not many people can say they are on the big lakes 30 plus weekends a year and catch 1500 plus walleyes, multiple 40-50" Muskie, and hundreds of Salmon and Steelhead a year. I was blessed to fish 4 of the Great Lakes this year 2022.

I go to the UP about 6 times a year and have a buddy with a hunt camp up there that I go to. I went to college in the UP and married a girl from the UP. It's my 2nd home and I love it up there

Michigan is truly a sportsman's paradise.

Last edited by cooperfan; 12/30/22.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
GO BLUE!!

We LUV everything about Meeeechigan, especially everything happening above US 10. LUV TC too except during Cherry Festival. crazy

My son graduated from UM and works in AA. He has good contacts in the athletics dept. He says the wormy reptiles will keep it close for the first half, but then BIG BLUE will pull away in the second and leave the puny frogs gasping in the desert dust. laugh

GO BLUE!!!

PS Would LUV to see OHIO win so UM can beat up on them for the third time in a row!!! laugh laugh

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yup, lived here for 84 years! Great state for outdoor people; only bad point is Libtards in government, Ugh!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Any foods you'd think of with Michigan?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Michigan's state flower. the apple blossom[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com].

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Roasted buckeyes

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Pasties and Coneys, depending on whether you’re a Yooper or a Troll.

Born here, and other than an 11 year move to VA, and various military commitments, have been here all of my life. Like others have said, true outdoors paradise with messed up politics. I’ve seen 49 of the 50 states and a number of other countries, and I don’t think there’s a place I’d rather live at this point.

BTW, Go Blue! I too am a veteran of that fine institution.

Old70

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Apples have to be in there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
“Those who stay will be champions” “The team, the team, the team.”
― Bo Schembechler

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Our Friday fish fry's are the best, especially in the UP. Perch, Whitefish, Walleye

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Foods??? Heck Yes, CHEERIES!!! Traverse City is the "Cherry Capital of the World" Other places grow cherries but none are better than those from the NW corner of the Lower Peninsula. And in' da UP, its pasties for the win. grin

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've eaten a lot of cherries and apples both from Michigan and not. I guess there might be some difference. But the one fruit that is light years ahead in Michigan is Muskmelon. My wife doesn't really like muskmelon but the first time we had some in Michigan together, she talked about how great it was. She tells my grandmother that was the best melon she ever had. My grandmother says I almost didn't serve it because it had no flavor. That's the difference in expectations.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pasties, Apples n Bacon (Depression era food from my great-grandmother) - foods I think of.

From the UP - still have family and land there. It's where I hunt. Much prefer Michigan the geography over most anywhere else.

Me

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

414 members (219 Wasp, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 16penny, 49 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,843
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.