-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best guess is $10,000.00, including the trip I took to OK to hunt quail and a Christmas Holiday special season doe.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am probably money ahead as the site convinced me to sell all of my Leupolds.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brother Beaver;
Good afternoon my friend, I hope you folks had a grand Christmas down south and you're all well.

In the spirit of semi-full disclosure, I'm not going to answer this on the grounds that it might be read by others and all that.

Since there's the whole medicine line thing which as you know is either a 5 strand barbed wire range fence or nothing on the water but an impenetrable barrier for folks choosing to remain legal, the classifieds haven't been super tough, though some Talley Lightweights were sent legally way back when.

The worst part here in my experience are the "suggesting" members, some even as benign seeming as our gun writer 'Fire member John Barsness who mentioned he'd rebarreled a .270 into a 6.5x55 and then casually "suggested" I might try to see if they'd feed through the magazine, etc.....

That suggestion was somewhat expensive, especially after a phone conversation with greydog who is both a 'Fire member and well respected gunsmith up here. More suggestions in the phone call.

That of course was just one build and didn't include things like too many people going on and on about their Mystery Ranch pack frames, etc. and etc.

Anyways Brother Beaver, we still appear to be solvent up here and my better half for more than 4 decades hasn't left me over excesses in that regard, so it's all good clean fun I figure, you know?

Best to you all this New Year my friend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
I am probably money ahead as the site convinced me to sell all of my Leupolds.

Thread is officially derailed!

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Brother Beaver;
Good afternoon my friend, I hope you folks had a grand Christmas down south and you're all well.

In the spirit of semi-full disclosure, I'm not going to answer this on the grounds that it might be read by others and all that.

Since there's the whole medicine line thing which as you know is either a 5 strand barbed wire range fence or nothing on the water but an impenetrable barrier for folks choosing to remain legal, the classifieds haven't been super tough, though some Talley Lightweights were sent legally way back when.

The worst part here in my experience are the "suggesting" members, some even as benign seeming as our gun writer 'Fire member John Barsness who mentioned he'd rebarreled a .270 into a 6.5x55 and then casually "suggested" I might try to see if they'd feed through the magazine, etc.....

That suggestion was somewhat expensive, especially after a phone conversation with greydog who is both a 'Fire member and well respected gunsmith up here. More suggestions in the phone call.

That of course was just one build and didn't include things like too many people going on and on about their Mystery Ranch pack frames, etc. and etc.

Anyways Brother Beaver, we still appear to be solvent up here and my better half for more than 4 decades hasn't left me over excesses in that regard, so it's all good clean fun I figure, you know?

Best to you all this New Year my friend.

Dwayne

Brother Dwayne,

Hope you and the family had a Merry of Christmas Cheer and a New Year that will bring all Canucks some closure on Trudeau and his scheming anti-gun initiatives. May he Rest In a Political Peaceful Hell very soon!

As for the expense associated with making what at first appears to be something as benign as a barrel change, does have away of quickly spinning out of control...thoughts of “Make it stop”, I’ve found are followed up with “Too late!” And I’m all in, on what I at first assumed was something so simple.

I’ve tried to lessen these financially expensive experiences by not chasing the newest shiny objects and stay settled on what I currently have. The 7mm PRC is a perfect example. Just typing those words have me thinking about doing a new build in the chambering. Dang it! Blame it on the Fire and my weaknesses.

Be well!

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In my 21 years 3 or so weeks of being a “fire” member…… around $3K! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have bought a lot of stuff (90% of which not needed) but sold a bunch also. I woke up one morning to read my email and learn I bought a Citori shotgun the night before, that one I still remember! I am more satisfied with things learned, topics initiated, conversations had, “campfire talk”!

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The only reason I joined was to be able to buy something off the classifieds. It's not hard to spend money on the different things I see and think I need on the CF. But I figure not being censored by over zealous administrators is worth more than I'll ever spend.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Oh yeah, for sure.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never shop the classifieds here. I probably should but haven’t. I almost bought a scope from Rene once but Slum scooped in and bought it 1st.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think Ive sold more then bought. Thanks for those who have spent your kid inheritance with me.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I bought a hunting spear made out of grafted cape buffalo horn segments with a South American obsidian field point, lashed together with ostrich skin strips lovingly chewed by Australian aboriginal pygmy's. It's my favorite.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Viva Le Campfire!

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I bought a hunting spear made out of grafted cape buffalo horn segments with a South American obsidian field point, lashed together with ostrich skin strips lovingly chewed by Australian aboriginal pygmy's. It's my favorite.
Fire cost you your manhood. Your natural reaction was to doxx members.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Fire cost you your manhood. Your natural reaction was to doxx members.

Holy Hell.

🤣🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You geniuses don't know anything about my home situation. Keep stroking yourself though.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You geniuses don't know anything about my home situation. Keep stroking yourself though.

Welllll, your wife was pretty candid so we know more than you'd like...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Not buying stuff so much, but money spent on plane tickets and travel to go hunt or fish with another member.

Where you headed Roger?

🦫
I'll be going up to Mass to fish with Leighton this coming summer, and probably the pig hunt in march.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I respectfully claim my right, under the Fifth Amendment, to decline to answer. laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Welllll, your wife was pretty candid so we know more than you'd like...

You think you know.

LOL
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 1badf350, 117LBS, 204guy, 1lessdog, 23 invisible), 2,179 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,796
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.