Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D

In NY, the "Supreme Court" is actually the trial level court. Above that is the Court of Appeals. This was a trial court case.

Ex-boyfriend requested a red flag order for a woman, which was granted. Judge found that RKBA is a fundamental right, not subject to such action without due process, and simply filing a request doesn't make muster. He ruled that the required due process has to be on a par with the requirements for imprisoning someone.

Last edited by denton; 12/31/22.

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"Some arms I keep- - - - -Others I bear!"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
And the ATF just changed the definition of a frame or receiver yet again today.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
More winning.

But, will the NY Appeals Court uphold his decision? Will this have to go to the US District Court, then to SCOTUS?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All red flags laws are unconstitutional.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SCOTUS as it stands today will not hear this case, they will remand for reconsideration as they have already ruled on the issue in Bruen.

There were no EPOs in the era of the Founding, just as the Western District of Texas Federal Court found US Code 922 (g) (8) unconstitutional because it did not comply with this Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation, there were no restraining orders in 1789.

If we can get cases with plaintiffs with standing in the pipeline this is how we will gain back our 2nd Amendment Rights.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back to the drawing board for NY yet again for unconstitutional weapons laws. Win win!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hopefully something positive for second amendment rights will come of it. But you can bet that the powers that be in Noo Yawk politics are already working on a plan to get around the ruling.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Hopefully something positive for second amendment rights will come of it. But you can bet that the powers that be in Joo Yawk politics are already working on a plan to get around the ruling.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Make that All laws that infringe on RKBA are unconstitutional.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pancho1
Make that All laws that infringe on RKBA are unconstitutional.
when has Democrats ever cared what the Constitutions said?

NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

This.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All red flags gun control laws are unconstitutional.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Excellent news. This has always seemed a no brainer to me. They all need to fall now, like ducks in a row.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
More winning.

But, will the NY Appeals Court uphold his decision? Will this have to go to the US District Court, then to SCOTUS?
Let's hope so. It needs to be a US Supreme Court decision, so all of them can go at once.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MPat70
Back to the drawing board for NY yet again for unconstitutional weapons laws. Win win!

Gives the schitbirds something to do.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have to be honest with you, as someone with bipolar in the family, it would scare the hell out of me to not have any recourse in disarming somebody having a manic episode.

You’d need to live with full blown mania to understand the precarious situation a firearm in the mix would have.

So let me put it to you folks, should there be recourse to disarm somebody in mental distress? What should the criteria be for disarming somebody who is hearing voices?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I have to be honest with you, as someone with bipolar in the family, it would scare the hell out of me to not have any recourse in disarming somebody having a manic episode.

You’d need to live with full blown mania to understand the precarious situation a firearm in the mix would have.

So let me put it to you folks, should there be recourse to disarm somebody in mental distress? What should the criteria be for disarming somebody who is hearing voices?

Barkoff, I believe that what you are describing was the original intent and you are correct in what you’re saying.

The problems begin when these laws take on a life of their own and go far beyond original intent like most all restrictive firearms laws tend to do.

There are no easy answers to the issue.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N

I think the person should get to defend themselves against the order, the presumption should not be that the person in the submission is incompetent to have a firearm. The burden of proof should be on the person or state submitting the order.

Its wrong that in many places the first a person learns of a red flag order is a knock on the door at 4am

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by noKnees

I think the person should get to defend themselves against the order, the presumption should not be that the person in the submission is incompetent to have a firearm. The burden of proof should be on the person or state submitting the order.

Its wrong that in many places the first a person learns of a red flag order is a knock on the door at 4am

Exactly. Yes, there should be a process and it needs to be rapid and it needs to be accountable and responsive to the defendant as well. The current systems are rife for abuse and not accountable to anyone.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,270
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.