Campfire Member
S
This thread is a hypochondriacs dream.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Had bypass surgery in 77 at age 27. Had blowout that nite and they had to go back in. Blood shortage and they had to get more blood from my Dad and a nurse’s husband. I had been in ICU for a week; so unstable unable to transport me to Jackson MS for cath and surgery. Had several more heart attacks and strokes. Had to take medical disability due to a stroke in 03 that caused short term memory loss. In Oct 2020
came down with Covid pneumonia had a trach, 3 of us survived ventilator, stage 4 sacral wound big enuff to put your fist in, fecal tube, feeding tube, colostomy and Covid toes and heel. When transferred to a specialty hospital in Meridian MS, I could speak with trach button in, shake my head and twiddle my thumbs. Lost several toes and heel, eventually the L leg below the knee. Had all kinds of surgeries, abradments, and emergency abdominal surgery to to a bad baked potato in my hospital food. Over 6 bouts of pneumonia and heart palpitations caused by breathing treatment meds adversely interacting with heart meds. Spent 14 months away from home in specialty hospital and nursing home. I was on a first name basis with ambulance crews. Never took the jab; I had worked at Baxter Labs and knew there was no way in hell a drug company could develop a vaccine and fully test it in a year. Had a hernia repair cos colostomy bag would not seal; eventually a reversal. Made it home and have Home Health and wife tending to me. In a wheelchair and use a walker; progressing to a cane. I’m cooking meals and driving, getting skin grafts at home for sacral wound. For the most part, met some wonderful folks from all walks of live. I woke up in a foreign land, TV talking about President elect Joe Biden. Had to call my wife and ask what in the hell happened. Feel much like Lazarus raised from the dead. I should not be here. It was especially tuff on the wife. Been at death’s door many, many times. All that matters is memories you made with loved ones and your relationship with God provided by the shed blood of His Son who paid my sin debt. You have a soul that will live forever somewhere. You have a choice as to where. You can choose life or death. I have had 2 near death experiences (out of body). This life is temporal, dying is easy if you have prepared for it. I live to be an influence on my grandchildren, spoil them, and mentor those I come in contact with. Life is good when you’ve been thru trials like I have. It is true that that which does not kill you will make you stronger. Still have have flashbacks and wife suffers from anxiety/panic attacks. Prior to Covid, I was caretaker for her thru 2 different types breast cancers, skin cancers and bilateral mysectomy and reconstructive surgery. Pp

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Ostioid ostioma in back of my right knee big as a grape 21 yrs old 8 inch scar on the back side of my leg.Surgery was in august I was hobbling in the deer woods come October.Took about 2 years to fully recover dam thing still aches when weather changes.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
20 years ago my body rejected my external skin. Landed at the UofM Hospital, sent there from the Mayo Clinic. 3 months burn unit. The U saved my life.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well……it could be an air rifle pellet in the lung whenI was a kid. Or maybe getting West Nile about 15 years ago! Other than those two little issues……nutt’n to report! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Prostate cancer and limber dick!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Quad bypass at 57

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Staph infection had multiple surgeries on my back. Some wicked scars remain

Camp is where you make it.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by mart
I count my blessings. Very little health wise for me. Lost a finger tip and thumb tip in separate accidents. High cholesterol. Wife is another matter. Having to deal with all the things that accompany being the spouse of someone with dementia. Forced me to retire early to care for her.
Brother, that's the hardest !!!

"not too grumpy"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ran out of McCallan once. Thought I was a goner.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Crap…..forgot about the two back surgeries. Last one (almost 11 years ago) was a “fusion” which fixed it very nicely……better than I’ve been in many years! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A few broken bones.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Blood clot above the knee after bone graft surgery in rt. foot. My doctor standing at my bedside in the ER, telling an insurance rep. that I could die.
I had some very close calls while firefighting, but this was different
Have to be on Xarelto the rest of my life.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Twice broken back, cancer, crushed left shoulder...all about equal, IMO. Getting old is da-schidtz. I was never in a hospital bed until 2007.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Broken back, prostate cancer, removed prostate

4 back surgeries, ruptured Achilles in June, but phfuuck it, beat it all.

Getting old isn't for the faint of hearted

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Schmidtx2
This thread is a hypochondriacs dream.

need to change the title of this thread!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
CIDP, like MS but attacks the peripheral nervous system instead of the central nervous system.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Grade III hangover

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
A few broken bones.

Skydiving out of the back of a moving truck will do that to a guy.

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Heart attack, and getting married.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,073
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.