Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Steve... you approach Ballz level stupid sometimes...

That was not an insult...

Moreover just a fact.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I have to be honest with you, as someone with bipolar in the family, it would scare the hell out of me to not have any recourse in disarming somebody having a manic episode.

You’d need to live with full blown mania to understand the precarious situation a firearm in the mix would have.

So let me put it to you folks, should there be recourse to disarm somebody in mental distress? What should the criteria be for disarming somebody who is hearing voices?
No one ever claimed that living withing societies that respect basic rights, and have rule of law, creates perfect safety for all. Just that it's far better than the alternative.

And that's why the Founders codified the right to Bear Arms.

There are lots of reasons to disarm the people and tyrants will always find a good one.

The risk of armed peoples doing bad things with those arms is real.

But as TRH says it's a much better option than disarming the people for their safety.
The govt got this. They just need to pit one group of gun owners against another, then let one side kill the other from 1000 yards away.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I have to be honest with you, as someone with bipolar in the family, it would scare the hell out of me to not have any recourse in disarming somebody having a manic episode.

You’d need to live with full blown mania to understand the precarious situation a firearm in the mix would have.

So let me put it to you folks, should there be recourse to disarm somebody in mental distress? What should the criteria be for disarming somebody who is hearing voices?
No one ever claimed that living withing societies that respect basic rights, and have rule of law, creates perfect safety for all. Just that it's far better than the alternative.

And that's why the Founders codified the right to Bear Arms.

There are lots of reasons to disarm the people and tyrants will always find a good one.

The risk of armed peoples doing bad things with those arms is real.

But as TRH says it's a much better option than disarming the people for their safety.
The govt got this. They just need to pit one group of gun owners against another, then let one side kill the other from 1000 yards away.

When they aren't Fat...

Drunk...

Stupid...

Stoned on NyQuil...

Hanging with Kyle...

...and ain't detoxing so bad that opening a can of sardines seems utterly impossible.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good news in a good news drought.

MM

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by CashisKing
As we call it in the South
Check out my predictions, not batting 1000, but damn close.

Wake the Fu*k Up, or don’t, the choice is yours.

Which SC Justices will be assassinated?

Will you be yanking the trigger?

Share your details on the web...
Thomas, Kavanaugh in that order.

Wake the fu*k up.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
All red flags laws are unconstitutional.
That! This decision, hopefully, will be the death knell of these red-flag laws...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
All red flags laws are unconstitutional.
That! This decision, hopefully, will be the death knell of these red-flag laws...
LOL

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

If you're going to take their guns, shouldn't you take the car? Knives? Baseball bats? Lighters? Gasoline? Hockey sticks? Axe? Hammer? Nail gun? Acetone? Bleach? Sticks? Steel toed shoes? Glass? Kitchen utensils?

There is nothing confusing about the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution.

YES, we have taken keys and put kitchen knives in the safe, and locked bedroom doors.
We are talking about people who belong in a hospital, but the system is geared to allow them NOT to be hospitalized.
Straight up, you are given the choice of dealing with it in your home, or pushing your child into the street, really, those will be your choices. If your loved one lives alone it’s just as hard. Think Berkowitz, or any others who had voices tell them what to do, it’s scary schitt, trust me.

Let me give you an example, my daughter once in full mania, took a frozen Turkey out of the freezer, put it on her front lawn, doused it with lighter fluid and lit it on fire. She told the neighbors she was cooking it, and asked them if they would like some when it was done cooking.
Cops were called, she was 5150’d, we begged the hospital to keep her in until she is medicated, three days later the released her, still manic as hell. Should I have recourse to get her guns from her?

She is doing well today, on her meds, back in school, very mellow and clear headed, but the monster is always there under the surface.

I feel for you Barkoff as I've experienced similar with a loved one. Long story that I'll not share details here. The system template of three day <or similar short period of time> for psyc triage care is nothing short of irresponsible for these caregivers. You/we have so little control or influence to provide collaborative decision making as to the care our loved one receives from these folks. In my experience the medical insurance provider <who is paying the psyc facility> drives the timing of inpatient care.

Barkoff, ignore Hawkeyes insults, etc. Be mindful that years ago some here nominated him for KOTY awards for opinions he expressed.

GOA
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10ring1, 257 roberts, 1234, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 1lessdog, 70 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,576
Posts18,532,115
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.