Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ralphie
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
I'd shoot 10 of them, leave 100% of the meat to the worms, and not feel a damn bit bad about it.

Word.

Amen.

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Newberg is an attention whore evidently, as was Meateater when eating a coyote. That's the kind of stuff you eat when you're attempting not to starve to death, not for TV ratings or idiots telling you what a badass you are. Ridiculous.

It’s like Covid masks. Flags the idiots right off the bat so you don’t have to spend any more mental energy trying to figure it out.

Ol’ Randy has ruined a lot of people’s good hunting spots in his quest to do whatever the hell it is he’s doing. It’d be rather ironic if he picked up a parasite or two whoring for more “clicks.”

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If I was gonna starve I’d do it but otherwise no thanks. I have eaten Bear at a wild game feed, it tasted different but not bad.

My wife’s grandfather who has now passed told me his grandad who homesteaded the place (Would’ve been late 1800’s) ate a prairie dog once and said he’d rather starve than do that again. Same with jackrabbits.

No varmints for me, including Canines of any sort Fox to Wolf. I don’t know anyone who’s eaten a Bobcat but have heard several say Mountain Lion is top notch.

Of the wild game I’ve eaten; Pronghorn Antelope and Elk are my favorites.

Isaiah 6:8

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Newberg is an attention whore evidently, as was Meateater when eating a coyote. That's the kind of stuff you eat when you're attempting not to starve to death, not for TV ratings or idiots telling you what a badass you are. Ridiculous.

Gonna defend Meateater.
He wasn't on a soapbox making some point.
His show was about hunting, and trying different meat and methods.

He was public land hunting, not guided, like a huge chunk of the hunting population.
Bigger was better, but a successful hunt was good enough.
Skunked was OK.

There actually guys who enjoy hunting, period.
The are happy killing a nice animal.
And eating it is a big part of that.

No, never ate coyote, skunk, possum. Not interested in wolf on the plate.
Black Bear I like.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (2500HD, 06hunter59, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 32 invisible), 12,078 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,234
Posts18,544,203
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.