Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm pretty tough on boots and wear them for 200+ days a year. Love the Lacrosse but they usually last about 2-2.5 years. Has anyone done a comparison with the Le Chameau similar platform?

Last edited by Sasha_and_Abby; 01/01/23.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve never tried Le Chameau but love Alpha Burley’s. They’re obviously heavy but fit my feet well enough that I don’t notice the weight a whole lot. Kind of the ATV of the boot world.

Prices have gotten a little out of hand for them IMO but if you can wear them 200+ days a year for
Two plus years of hard use that isn’t to bad.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Don't know about Le Chameau but I couldn't get a pair of Alpha burly to last much more than a season. The first Lacrosse boots I wore 20 years ago lasted for over 5 seasons then they moved manufacturing and went downhill. Been wearing Muck boots for 3 seasons now just don't buy all neoprene.

These are good and durable

https://www.muckbootcompany.com/muck-arctic-ice-tall-woody-mens-16-inch-waterproo/AVTVAMDNA.html

These are good but not durable they won't do briers and stickers at all.

https://www.muckbootcompany.com/muck-wetland-mens-waterproof-5mm-insulated-outdoo/WET998K.html

I'm going to check Le Chameau myself .

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Which Le Chameau, the leather lined? I'd love a pair, but could never swallow the price. I got my wife a pair 15 years go and they're still going strong.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by kingston
Which Le Chameau, the leather lined? I'd love a pair, but could never swallow the price. I got my wife a pair 15 years go and they're still going strong.

You might look at Le Chameau's economy line with the cloth lining, for $209. I've read some reviews
that say they last as long as their top of the line ones.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm on my 2nd pair of Le Chameau. First lasted 16 years. I don't wear them daily, or for work, but they are very comfortable even for long walks. Mostly Bear stands, turkey, and archery. also fishing. One thing to keep in mind, they are natural rubber, and as such should not be exposed barnyard mud, animal urine or manure.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Masshunter
One thing to keep in mind, they are natural rubber, and as such should not be exposed barnyard mud, animal urine or manure.

To the manor born, eh?

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Le Chameau leather lined are great. I’ve got a pair that I bought during Covid lockdown. More like 100 days/year for me but I havent had any issue with them. And they are super comfortable even on long walks. I used to go thru lacrosse boots like toilet paper

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Burleys have them buckle straps on them for dudes with cankles

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never owned La Chameau boots, but have read good things about them, especially from Upland bird hunters. I did check them out but it seemed their boot shafts were narrow, if I recall.

I do have 800 gram Alphaburly Pros, and while good boots, they feel like clown shoes wearing 'em in a size 13. Matter of fact, they're too clumsy to drive in, so I've gotta switch footwear every time I jump in and out of the ol' F150.

I also have some Xtratuf 15" Legacy gusseted non-insulated boots, which I way prefer over the Lacrosses.

The Xtratufs are lighter, more flexible, fit better around the ankles, and have a better insole. I also prefer the side gusset, versus the Lacrosse's back gusset. It's a lot easier to adjust a strap on the side rather than twisting around behind me like a game of Twister.
https://www.xtratuf.com/xtratuf-legacy-wide-calf-mens-15-inch-waterproof/22279G.html

Another brand to consider is GumLeaf. They're also a European made brand with 80% + rubber content. My sons tell me all the cool bowhunter dudes are wearing 'em. laugh

I heard about them from John Eberhart, who has several videos out on rubber boots for hunting. He also offers a discount code good for 10% off, 'bowhunt.'

https://www.gumleafusa.com/

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a pair of Le Chameau, the cloth-lined version. They are by a large margin the most comfortable gumboots I've ever owned.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from liveabout.com]

Any pair of boots that gets 15 years of solid service would seemingly be worth the price of admission. Am I missing something?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
[Linked Image from liveabout.com]

Any pair of boots that gets 15 years of solid service would seemingly be worth the price of admission. Am I missing something?

I didn't know how good they were 15 years ago when I decided I was too cheap to buy myself a pair.

I'm hoping you guys talk me into changing my mind.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thought I already did...

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks for all the feedback

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
admitting up front that I don't wear the dang things all that often anymore, I have a pair of lacrosse Alpha Burley boots that are going on 10 years old. Just as good as they day I bought them.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Lacrosse never fit my foot right.

Maybe i have a hi instep?

I wore mucks for several years.

Now i wear Dryshod.

3rd season on 1 pair. Seem to hold up well.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
LaCrosse and Muck boots never seemed to last me more than a season or 2 before cracking in the same place every time. I took a chance on some Irish setter boots on sale 4 seasons ago and they are still going strong with no sign of cracking. So this year I decided I should grab another pair and stick them in the closet for when these do fail. Of course, like all good things, that boot is discontinued.

That's a long winded way of saying thanks for the link. I'll be checking the Le Chameau line out next.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Le Cham's website is sufficiently woke enough for me to never consider any purchases.

I wont feed the beast.

their pop up:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

a company that needs to resort to this to garner market share ... oh never mind.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So it’s like the Hunter brand boots that chicks wear?

[Linked Image from ]

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.