Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
nypost.com

The 19-year-old alleged Islamic extremist suspected of attacking NYPD cops with a machete on New Year’s Eve penned a disturbing manifesto that urged his family to “please repent to Allah and accept Islam,” police sources told The Post.

Trevor Bickford — a Maine resident who arrived in the Big Apple just days before the attack — carried the handwritten note in his backpack, along with a collection of religious material and $200 while staying at the Bowery Mission in Manhattan, the sources said.

“To my family — specifically, mother — I’m sorry for not having been a good enough son,” the note read, according to a police source.

“I fear greatly that you will not repent to Allah,” it said. “And therefore I hold hope in my heart that a piece of you believes so that you may be taken out to the hellfire.

“To [my brother] Travis. Of anyone I’ve known who I have felt is closest to faith — it’s you,” he allegedly wrote. “Of anyone I’ve ever wanted to accept Islam with me — it’s you. Please repent to Allah and accept Islam. I fear for you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Trevor Bickford, 19.

Addressing his other brother — who sources said is in the Marines — the suspect allegedly wrote, “To Devon, there was a time when we were close, but that time has passed. You have joined the ranks of my enemy. And for that I can give you no kind words – return to Allah.”

Bickford, of Wells, Maine, is believed to have “found religion” in recent years.

The teen’s father played a “very active” role in the lives of his three sons, and “could often be found coaching them at football and wrestling,” the Portland Press Herald reported.

Sources said Bickford became “radicalized” as recently as a month ago. Bickford’s radical shift put him on the FBI radar before he hopped an Amtrak train and traveled to New York, arriving on Dec. 29, according to sources.

Around 10 p.m. on Saturday he allegedly attacked cops working the Times Square detail, including a rookie on his first assignment, police said.

The young cop, who was still assigned to the police academy, suffered a gash to his head, and a Staten Island officer suffered blunt force trauma to the head. Both were taken to Bellevue Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Bickford was shot in the shoulder and wounded during the attack, police said. He remained hospitalized Sunday and has not yet been charged.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Those police need better firearms training.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainshot
Those police need better firearms training.
Might get that cop that shot the bicycle rider or the dad that offed the boyfriend on the porch to provide the training. They didn't hesitate.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Send him to allah, hopefully without his head.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I’m sure New York will let him out on a cash free bond. Peaceful religion my ass!

NRA Endowment Member
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
... "Bickford’s radical shift put him on the FBI radar before he hopped an Amtrak train and traveled to New York," ...

Again, a known threat... And no action...

Last edited by Orion2000; 01/03/23.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Orion2000
[qupte] ... "Bickford’s radical shift put him on the FBI radar before he hopped an Amtrak train and traveled to New York," ...

Again, a known threat... And no action...[/quote]

It's almost like they wanted it to happen.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
They told us that they hate us for bombing and blowing them up all the time.

Our govt and media said that they hate us for our freedom.......

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

the Muslims just hate. if they got nobody else to be hating on for any kind of reason they just fight amongst their selves they've done this since before biblical days...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

the Muslims just hate. if they got nobody else to be hating on for any kind of reason they just fight amongst their selves they've done this since before biblical days...

and there is nothing wrong with that, the problem is when we start picking sides imo

IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
No such thing as a good muslim boy. Muslims are the enemy of civilization. Beneath trust.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Muslims practicing islam want power and control of the people. They hate Americans, the Constitution, and the USA. They are enemies and traitors. Their agendas do not allow the Constitution to exist. There is no place in the Constitution or the USA for sharia law. They believe in the normalization of unethical and immoral behavior. They should not be allowed in our government anywhere. Islam is a cult, a way of life, it requires you convert to islam or die. No other options exist for the faithful. We do not need anyone in the government who is not supporting Americans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rangerat
No such thing as a good muslim boy. Muslims are the enemy of civilization. Beneath trust.

They're like pitbulls: they're all good until they're not....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well if they were tracking this individual for over a month, the FBI knows who was training him.

That person and their family needs to be deported as soon as possible.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The guy needs to be baptized- - - -headfirst into a barrel of bacon grease- - - - -for about 30 minutes!

"When dem Southern Babble-ists dunks a new convert- - - - -is dey s'posed to hold 'em down til dey quits bubblin'?"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12savage, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,936
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.