-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just did leg exercises, but it made me hurt something terrible. It was an oxy kind of day.
I'm healed pretty good now.
An x ray on the 10th will tell if I start formal pt soon.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Were these exercises prescribed by a medical professional?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I know how you feel. I'm about a week into my PT and the first set of excersizes kicked my rear too. They aren't so bad now but I'm sure the set of new ones will be killers at first too. The ones after that should be less and less grueling to start if it's anything like other injuries I've recovered from.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah.
I have in home physical therapy twice a week.
Today were walking with lifting my knees a bit higher than a normal walk, side stepping, and calf stretching.
After the 10th, I should be going to a real pt place.
Edit:
I am still numb from the hips down the thighs. Left way more than right.
It's from where they cut my phsoas muscle twice to put cages in between l2 and l3, and l3 and l4.
My left side of my stomach has a bulge that isn't on my right side.
I'm hoping I'm just swelled up still.

Last edited by splattermatic; 01/02/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Back surgery ain't a walk in the park, it was 5 month before I could return to work and I bet a year or so before I was "Normal".

Don't get discouraged you'll get there.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm trying. I'm just sick of hurting....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Still have the cruise scheduled? Not planning to SCUBA, are ya?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mark, in a couple of months, you will look back on all this and laugh. smile

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wish I hadn't read this. I have a consult on the 18th to see about surgery for my L4/L5 disc.

And after that, I may need a new hip.

Currently going to PT for the L4 thing, and my torturer is Britney. All you need to know to describe her is her name. California surfer type. Blond, trim, nice boobs, gold ring in one nostril - and seemingly hates men. There's a sort of pushup where you keep your pelvis down but still lift your shoulders until your arms are straight. I can do five before it hurts. She makes me do 30.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
For physical therapy, i take 3 Tylenol an hour before i go to PT and then i come home and take an oxycodone and a 4 hour nap, plus put an ice pack on my rehabbed part. Oxy puts me to sleep, and when i get up i am beat for the day.

The insurance is why your rehab is 2 days a week, that is all that the insurance will pay for. I found this out when i had a week with 3 rehab sessions planned. That is when it was explained to me about he insurance and one day needed to be dropped.

I looked up on the internet where i should be at in my recovery and the recommended rehab exercises, to compare with what i was doing and it was close. I asked after a month of rehab how i was fitting into the rehab process and what are the possibility of my rehab being extended. I found out you need to ask your doctor about having your rehab extended. That comes down to if you are making improvements in your rehab sessions, and if the doctor asks for additional rehab as it will be doing you some good.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Im sorry but PT shouldn't "hurt"...soreness is to be expected but pain early in the healing process is usually detrimental to the process. Physical therapy that leads to increased pain and swelling, decreasing sleep time and tolerance to activities of daily living simply slows down the healing process and increases dependence on pain mngmt meds, which have their own side effects including nausea, fatigue and constipation, all of which again slows down the healing and recovery process.

might be time to ask for a different PT...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Lubbockdave,
Sitting around for many month prior to surgery, and now after, while healing, has made me soft.
Any activity of repetition is going to cause some level of discomfort as unused muscle begin to wake up !
Feel good this morning.
Treadmill in just a bit. Cold, and a little white crap over everything, so it's another inside day.
May go to Sam's later with my wife.
Still no driving allowed for me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I felt good enough to drive yesterday. Went down to Lowe's to get water softener salt. Naturally, they keep it at the vary back of the store. Got a friendly (and pretty) associate to go back there and load my cart with two 40# bags. Then got another associate to go with me to the parking lot to load them into my vehicle. That walk in the store about did me in. Hobble, hobble, pause, repeat.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I'm trying. I'm just sick of hurting....

I can't say I've had to deal with back surgery. Hopefully that isn't in my future!

BUT.....in 1991, head on MVA broke and dislocated left tibia. Right heel crushed.
It was 3 months before I was on my feet again.
Since then, my right foot does not touch the ground without experiencing pain. Pretty much the same with t ht e left hip when that foot touches the ground.
Okay, we aren't talking blinding, earth shattering pain, but it damned sure ain't confortable!
The right foot is like a pebble you can't get out of your shoe....each and every step!
Left hip implant works great, but there is definitely discomfort with every step.
Surgeon asked me once if I took Tylenol, aspirin or anything else for pain.
Told him, "No sir. If I took a pill everytime my hip or heel hurt, I'd be eating them like M&M's!"
Told him I found out if those old injuries hurt just sit down.
My condolences on dealing with pain. It ain't for the faint of heart!
My prayers will be that the pain subsides as you heal! God bless!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just left Sam's!
Whew, I'm tired. Pushed the cart.
Gotta push through !

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

285 members (1lessdog, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 38 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,764
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.