Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-suggests-he-may-run-third-party-ticket-2024

Former President Trump has last week hinted that he'll hand-grenade the 2024 presidential election for Republicans by running as a third-party candidate.

Trump shared an American Greatness article by Dan Gelernter which suggests that establishment Republicans would do everything in their power to prevent Trump from winning again, and that voters like Gelernter would rather vote for Trump on a third-party ticket even if it means losing the election.

In 2021, Trump told RNC Chairwoman Rona McDaniel that he was "done" with the party after receiving virtually no support over his claims that Democrats cheated in the 2020 election.

"You cannot do that. If you do, we will lose forever," McDaniel reportedly told Trump regarding a 3rd party run, according to a book by ABC News reporter Jonathan Karl. "Exactly – you will lose forever without me. I don’t care. This is what Republicans deserve for not sticking up for me," Trump allegedly shot back.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-suggests-he-may-run-third-party-ticket-2024

Former President Trump has last week hinted that he'll hand-grenade the 2024 presidential election for Republicans by running as a third-party candidate.

Trump shared an American Greatness article by Dan Gelernter which suggests that establishment Republicans would do everything in their power to prevent Trump from winning again, and that voters like Gelernter would rather vote for Trump on a third-party ticket even if it means losing the election.

In 2021, Trump told RNC Chairwoman Rona McDaniel that he was "done" with the party after receiving virtually no support over his claims that Democrats cheated in the 2020 election.

"You cannot do that. If you do, we will lose forever," McDaniel reportedly told Trump regarding a 3rd party run, according to a book by ABC News reporter Jonathan Karl. "Exactly – you will lose forever without me. I don’t care. This is what Republicans deserve for not sticking up for me," Trump allegedly shot back.
I don’t disagree with him.

Republicans wouldn’t lose forever though. There’s too much entrenched money and power there. One of two things would happen. Either the RINO party would move right reluctantly to keep some power even if not the Presidency and eventually revert back to being establishment republicans. Or they’ll take a bloodbath short term and wait for Trumps base to eventually turn on him or for Trump to pass. Either way time is on their side.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It would do irreparable harm that could not be fixed in our lifetimes.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Trump is trolling.

Is he going to become Speaker? He said he didn't want to get back in that way, but....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Pres. Trump runs, he will get my vote.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Lets keep fantasizing that the republican party can be repaired, hand me another pair of rose colored glasses

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
This👆

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Lets keep fantasizing that the republican party can be repaired, hand me another pair of rose colored glasses
I’m close to this opinion. Trump has my vote either way.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari

I concur. I don't see anything good coming out of a third party run by Trump. It would just ensure the Biden mummy would win again. America cannot survive another 4 years of the current disaster. The western world, as we know it, cannot survive 8 years of Biden and his handlers.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Trump will have my vote too...

All 50 of them.

IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
All you’ll Hear is this Great Suck’n Sound ..

Ross the Parrot

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I agree...

The Republican Party "as a whole" has imploded with too much greed and capitulation.

We need a 3rd Party... The Trump Party... The Tea Party... The America First Party... or whatever.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If we do not "fix" the cancer that is 2023 America... there is no plan B...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
If we do not "fix" the cancer that is 2023 America... there is no plan B...

Where my thought were.

Where are we headed if he runs as an R and loses because he gets no support?

Hell, what are we going to have if any 5 of the likely candidates beat him and
win the presidency?

Our body is full of malignancy. Maybe we need to cut it out and drink poison to rid it
of the remnants. Hoping to survive and recover.

Scary.
But it's terminal if left untreated.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think President Trump is the only person in history that stands a true chance of winning on a third party ticket IF the voting system can be fixed to insure a fair vote tallying process.

So with that said, it's not that the Republican party will be fractured; they are divided already! The problem facing the 2024 election is the same as in 2020; there is no integrity in our voting process.

No matter if President Trump gained 90million votes, the democrat opponent will get 91million. As Rush would say "don't doubt me folks"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yup.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

We missed that opertunity when the Tea Party faction failed. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I hope Trump can win the GOP nomination because a third party run splits the "conservative" vote and will ensure the communists win. But I will vote for him regardless. After the way the GOPe has thrown us under the bus for seemingly forever, time to return the favor. The only difference between the communist and the GOPe is that the GOPe talks nice to us while they screw us.

Football analogy: America is in the start of the fourth quarter down by 17 points. Time to go for some 4th downs, fake some punts, go for onside kicks. Otherwise accept defeat.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Yes. But, I doubt Trump cares about that.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
if he created a 3rd party as opposed to being independent, and then he convinced a number of key republicans to convert over to it, thereby killing the majority in the house and having some leverage in the senate,

now he has their attention, along with I'm guessing roughly 60m voters.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (308ld, 44mc, 3333vl, 10gaugemag, 160user, 257 roberts, 24 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,912
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.