Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I don’t get why we can’t have both rock solid performance and excellent glass in a $1000 - $1200 scope. Is it really that hard to do at that price range?

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze
I don’t get why we can’t have both rock solid performance and excellent glass in a $1000 - $1200 scope. Is it really that hard to do at that price range?
Apparently, yes and price range doesn’t even matter. Dollars aside, you can count on one hand scopes that are notably reliable, yet they all have good to great glass.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 01/07/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze
To me, glass does matter if you’re trying to squeeze the last few minutes out of a hunt. I’m may be in the minority but I don’t have to have a sub-MOA rifle that can dial precise shots to 500+ yards. I hunted for many years with BAR that was a 3” gun on its best day and killed piles of deer with it. I do need a scope that I can get on target at 100 yards in the last minutes of light in dark timber though.

Credo beats out the VX6 in the glass department? Will have to try one if that’s the case.
The issue is, pretty much any scope will do that these days. Take your pick. But if you want that AND you want reliability, the field gets narrowed immensely.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
The issue is, pretty much any scope will do that these days. Take your pick. But if you want that AND you want reliability, the field gets narrowed immensely.

That's not been my experience but I'm sure everyone is different. Several years ago maybe, but as I've aged into my 50s that is no longer the case. I have a VX5-HD 3-15x44 that just barely gets me 30 minutes past sunset in the timber that I hunt in on overcast days. Anything less glass wise would not work for me.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SCgman1
I really like my old meopta-conquest conquest.

If the V4 is a significant glass upgrade, it will be tough to beat. The credos are tanks.....ld guess maybe heavier as well.

Just so you know, the new V4 is not a noticeable (to my eyes) step up in glass quality. However, what you do get is an improvement in turrets and tracking. No bass ackwards turrets on the new one. The V4 is a fairly lightweight scope that tracks well. Time will tell how reliable they are.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a Trijicon Credo, I do not own a Zeiss V-4. So I can not give you a apples to apples comparison. I have owned 2 other Ziess scopes in the past. The Credo is an excellent scope. It works well for me in low light conditions. as I'm sure the Ziess will as well. Imo there is no wrong choice here. Do you plain on carrying it a lot, or hunting out of a stand or blind. The Credo is heavier. The difference for me would be what I could get the best deal on.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Then again, a few weeks ago europtic had a mrad version of the credo hx 2.5x10 56mm for $520....

I got in on that deal and man am I glad. Zero buyers remorse. I’m impressed with the light gathering ability and I also have a V4 and comparing side-by-side on a hunt next week so I will try to report back.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MosesTucker
Then again, a few weeks ago europtic had a mrad version of the credo hx 2.5x10 56mm for $520....

I got in on that deal and man am I glad. Zero buyers remorse. I’m impressed with the light gathering ability and I also have a V4 and comparing side-by-side on a hunt next week so I will try to report back.

Looking forward to hearing back on this

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I bought 3 Zeiss V4's 4-16's when Midway had them on sale ($699 I believe). Great low light scope, I shot a Texas buck at 6:00PM this year. I own a NIB 3-9 Trijicon Accupoint, never had it on a rifle, the glass is amazing. I'm generally a Leupold/Nightforce guy. No experience with the Credo. I may be going up to Euro-Optics in the near future, I'll let you know my thoughts on the Credo. Good luck in your search Randall.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sako76
I bought 3 Zeiss V4's 4-16's when Midway had them on sale ($699 I believe). Great low light scope, I shot a Texas buck at 6:00PM this year. I own a NIB 3-9 Trijicon Accupoint, never had it on a rifle, the glass is amazing. I'm generally a Leupold/Nightforce guy. No experience with the Credo. I may be going up to Euro-Optics in the near future, I'll let you know my thoughts on the Credo. Good luck in your search Randall.

Thanks Bob. I just got a helluva deal on some demo binos from Euro-optics. Text me your thoughts on the Credo when you get a chance. Catch you later.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

273 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 36 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,438
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.