Print Thread
Hop To
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Nov 26 - Ordered $55 worth of bore brushes from Midway, using POB address. Free shipping - now $100 order for free shipping, up from $50.
Nov 28 - order filled and given to UPS which turned it over to their "mail innovations" in MO Dec 5th.

Disappeared from their system Dec 7

Jan 5- reported to Midway it was "lost", and reordered. 2 items were now out of stock and I cancelled those. Midway refunded original order, different CC for 2nd reduced order. Put street address of PO (where my box is) , and "Unit XXX (my box number)-but it's the only PO in Soldotna....

Jan 7 - Received notice from Midway my new order has been shipped, (free, as per original, tho the order no longer came to $50 - can't fault that!) and ......picked up the original order at the PO!!!

Nasty gram in computer messages from UPS mail innovations that my address (1st order) was "incomplete", that they were "unable to deliver" and I'd better fix it. How is a PO Box # in the only PO in town "Incomplete" - and they managed to deliver it tho the USPS here had a couple "new-hires", that were sending my stuff back a couple years ago because it didn't have the PO's street address on it.... I think they got a transfer to UPS in MO..... smile

Incompetent jerkoffs.... How many resumes does UPS/USPS comb through to hire these people?

Back in the 70's I was at Bartlett Hall, UAF (Fairbanks). My cousin sent me a letter To "Bartlett Hall ,University of Alaska, Sitka and I got it! Brains have gone by the wayside, it appears.

End of rant - well, almost - 2nd order delivery date is supposedly Jan 31.... which I will have to deal with (return/refund, re-pay for 1st order...)then, if it gets here by then. Going to NZ for 2 weeks on Feb 2nd, tho....

This retirement stuff is complicated! smile

Last edited by las; 01/07/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I shipped a 7400 barrel December 24th. Tracking shows "accepted at facility" and nothing since. I went to the PO and the POS at the counter told me "It just updated this morning". COOL! I thanked him and went home and checked. Nothing! I checked it again in the morning, again NOTHING. It has been 2 weeks so I went back into the PO. The guy saw me and you could see he knew he was in deep chit and almost immediately got me a Supervisor. She was very helpful and suggested the label probably came off so essentially it was lost forever. I asked about the hand written address and return address on the box with magic marker? She said if I actually did that (and I did) it should be delivered SOIMETIME but there is no way of knowing when. Geez, I miss shipping UPS.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I've always maintained that the post office makes every applicant for a job take a test and then hires the ones that failed said test!

They don't seem to want smart people.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Westman
I've always maintained that the post office makes every applicant for a job take a test and then hires the ones that failed said test!

The “smart” USPO workers are the ones that deliver the Mail to your doorstep.

The dumb ones work in the back “sorting mail”

And the really fuggin stupid ones work the counter or window at the PO. 🤪

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/07/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Westman

The “smart” USPO workers are the ones that deliver the Mail to your doorstep.

The dumb ones work in the back “sorting mail”

And the really fuggin stupid ones work the counter or window at the PO. 🤪

Believe you may be right...lol

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I’m certain you will have your order by Memorial Day.

Or not.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And the taxpayer bails then out to the tune of $billions every single year

Last edited by MPat70; 01/07/23.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I sent a box by Priority Mail from the Kenai PO to my son in Indianapolis on 15 December. It was supposed to arrive on 19 December, but never showed up. Tracking showed it in Anchorage on the 16th and it just disappeared after that...no movement, no updates. The people at the PO here just referred me to a phone number for USPS Consumer Affairs....not very helpful! Then this morning I received notice that it had just arrived in Seattle today....after we scrambled around to gather replacement items to be sent by Fedex or UPS. I guess I could send them along for NEXT Christmas!!

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 1_deuce, 260madman, 1minute, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,531
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.