Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
OK next question, if they don't mind shooting the gators on TV, why the hell don't they shoot the snakes??

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
OK next question, if they don't mind shooting the gators on TV, why the hell don't they shoot the snakes??

My guess is they keep the snakes alive until they are ready to process them, no chance of spoiling the meat or skin.

It would be a little difficult to do that with alligators.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ever notice those snake wranglers never tackle a 15 footer? The snakes they hand catch are all little ones.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by LBP
The real question about Swamp People is how big are Ashley’s tits? On the show they’re huge!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I would hit that. Just saying............

Ditto, she's Fine. (had to go back and make the S in "she's" small and the F in "Fine" large)
Definitely fine, the Pickle girl too.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
It didn't take long for that show to turn into a T&A showcase. Middle aged gals like "Choot 'em Lizbet!" just don't make the cut anymore.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
It didn't take long for that show to turn into a T&A showcase. Middle aged gals like "Choot 'em Lizbet!" just don't make the cut anymore.

I have ZERO problems with watching T&A.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Setting the baited hook high enough above the water surface pretty well eliminates the too small to tag problem. As far as the meat, the tail is the sorriest part far as I'm concerned. By far the meat up around the front legs and jaws is the best. You don't get the fat and gristle. I quit eat gator and hogs quite a few years ago after deciding Moses was right about not eating scavengers. It doesn't get too rotten or nasty for a gator to eat.

As to getting a huge gator into the boat, it ain't that hard. Just get him over the side and start in with him. I've seen it done lots of times. The gators I've caught were taken live out on dry ground. We would get them roped and get up in back of the truck until he fought to exhaustion. After that it's get his mouth taped or tied and load him up.

Gators got to be such a nuisance and numerous that I started tying them off to a tree and calling the state hunter to come get them and convert them into hides.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Wait until you get hold of some. Watching it will take distant back seat.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Wait until you get hold of some. Watching it will take distant back seat.

True but history has taught me that touching them typically comes with a payment book or at least drama.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
my favorite part of the show is when the gator comes up out of the water looking at the guy in the boat with a gun about to shoot it

like they strapped a go pro to the gators head and he is just out there getting video

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by DANNYL
I'd like to know how 1 or 2 people can roll a 400 pounder in the boat, the host of the show needs to be canned.

Once you get the head in the rest will follow. That was a big gator in the video. The picture is of the same gator. I wear a size 15 boot.
Caught a 13 foot, 600 pound gator in a 16 foot jon boat and me and a buddy were able to get him in it. As we worked it into the boat, the rim of the boat was pulled down to within a couple of inches from taking on water. The water created a little bit of buoyancy that made it feel not so heavy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

In the earlier episodes or in the intro to each episode, it stated that in the state of Florida, either HSUS, PETA or some other animal cruelty group stated that the snakes must be killed in a humane way. As far as I'm concerned, shoot 'em and let 'em lay!
The people I want to see punished are the ones that turned them loose!! 🤬👎

Also note that you NEVER see the gator being shot. They ALWAYS cut away and run a "set up" shot.
I've seen Troy Landry shoot a gator in one shirt and boat it in a different shirt! LOL!

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 01/08/23.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
And a 1oz load of 6's from about 2feet isn't humane? Boom , snake head in about a jillion pieces ,snake don't know what hit him!

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And a 1oz load of 6's from about 2feet isn't humane? Boom , snake head in about a jillion pieces ,snake don't know what hit him!

Absolutely, positively agree with you! Without a doubt!
Last time in S. Texas, I caught about a 3 foot diamondback crossing the driveway. That S&W M1000 20 gauge and a load of #8's obliterated his (her?) head at a range of a foot or so!

.....but guess whut? NOBODY ast you er me! 😜 LOL!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,078
Posts18,482,745
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.