Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
not willing or able to kill a dog? Or a dangerous person for that matter? I am mystified by the constant fear of pit bulls emanating from the 'fire.

Last edited by rickt300; 01/09/23.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
A 9mm slug or two will adjust his attitude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No one likes to kill a dog because it is either someone's pet or could be someone's pet. But, sometimes it has to be done.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kwg020
No one likes to kill a dog because it is either someone's pet or could be someone's pet. But, sometimes it has to be done.

kwg
That...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You obviously mistake awareness for fear.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I carry a larger folding knife when I'm out with the dog in case he needs a bit of help.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Sick
Campfire Outfitter
P
I carry a knife, as I am not allowed to carry a firearm in town.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I never leave the house without my steel toed boots on, that along with a club.
GTG

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

This is very true but large dangerous dogs should not be allowed to attack people on the street. When I was growing up in west Dallas (Oak Cliff) there was a lot of dog fighting going on. Lots of dogs trained to fight and kill each other. Sometimes the owners, Mostly Blacks would just let their dogs loose in other neighborhoods not caring what happened. And crap did happen. We got to making an effort to catch or kill any overly muscular looking pit we found roving the street after one grabbed my buddies daughter by the face. I never blamed the breed just the low lifes causing the problem. Our local contingent of Mexicans liked chicken fighting. Not so much a problem. That said they would go to and bet on dog fights. Some of those dogs were tough SOB's. We preferred to use a shotgun but sometimes used what we had in the back of the truck or in the trunk. As long as we hauled off the dead dog no one called the cops.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
If a dog comes in my yard and acts unfriendly, shame on him and whoever is letting him run free. A neighbor’s dog came in my yard and snapped-growled at my grandkids a couple of times. They are still wondering what happened to that dog. He was the only Lab I’ve ever seen behave that way. A suppressor is a handy thing to own. I ain’t gonna put up with rudeness in a dog in my yard.

Last edited by hanco; 01/09/23.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've killed two Pits in my yard in the last 20 years. One was trying to get at my Lab, the other killed one of our kittens. Had zero remorse. Last summer the neighbor across the street "adopted" two Pits, neither of which they could keep in their yard. I KNEW there would be trouble. Sure enough I came home from work one Friday to find another dead, mauled cat. One of the others was mauled as well and died a week later. If I had been home I'd have cheerfully killed the dogs and left their carcasses on the neighbor's porch. Not being there, I had no proof it was their dogs but know it was and had words with them anyway. Luckily, they moved about a month later, though I do miss seeing the young wife mowing the lawn in her short shorts and sports bra...

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by lvmiker
You obviously mistake awareness for fear.

mike r

Well it appears there are some scared individuals posting in every pit bull thread. Awareness is always good. Making racist comments about poor people in poor neighborhoods blaming a dog breed is ludicrous.

Dog I rescued in January

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
When I used to do alot of mountain biking I used to carry a putter strapped to the frame in case I needed to stick it in the side of their head, the dogs that is.
In my vehicle I carry what we up here call a "paki wacker", it is usually hardwood about 36-40 inches in length.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by rickt300
not willing or able to kill a dog? Or a dangerous person for that matter? I am mystified by the constant fear of pit bulls emanating from the 'fire.

I’m mystified a C-UNT like you even leaves the house. Also you still owe me the 500$ and no sending your wife over to give me a blow-job is not an acceptable payment.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Feral cats and dogs don't stand much of a chance with me. Shot a bucket full of cats and dozens of poacher's dogs in Africa.

Happy to oblige.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
I've killed two Pits in my yard in the last 20 years. One was trying to get at my Lab, the other killed one of our kittens. Had zero remorse. Last summer the neighbor across the street "adopted" two Pits, neither of which they could keep in their yard. I KNEW there would be trouble. Sure enough I came home from work one Friday to find another dead, mauled cat. One of the others was mauled as well and died a week later. If I had been home I'd have cheerfully killed the dogs and left their carcasses on the neighbor's porch. Not being there, I had no proof it was their dogs but know it was and had words with them anyway. Luckily, they moved about a month later, though I do miss seeing the young wife mowing the lawn in her short shorts and sports bra...

Well I always enjoy watching women mowing grass. Hah hot or not. That said you did the right thing, you had crappy neighbors. Were the cats killed in your yard? No trees for them to climb? While loose cats are hardly on my radar the practice of letting them run loose can cause problems. It especially annoys me to get up in the middle of the night to find out why the dogs are raising hell to find a cat hissing at them from the other side of the fence.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Feral cats and dogs don't stand much of a chance with me. Shot a bucket full of cats and dozens of poacher's dogs in Africa.

Happy to oblige.

I don't shoot cats or dogs generally unless they are causing problems. That said I have killed many dogs and many feral cats. Don't really like doing it but the safety of kids and my animals comes first.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dp1975
Originally Posted by rickt300

I’m mystified a C-UNT like you even leaves the house. Also you still owe me the 500$ and no sending your wife over to give me a blow-job is not an acceptable payment.

The faqqet posts again. I see stupid written all over you, prison tats.

Dog I rescued in January

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Have been to do whatever deemed necessary since around 1968! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I carry a larger folding knife when I'm out with the dog in case he needs a bit of help.

I definitely protect my dogs.

Dog I rescued in January

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 28 invisible), 2,021 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,197
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.