N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
LOL!!! oh brother!!!

maybe "Belted cro-magnum"?

smile

yikes, is it getting dry in here? or is it just me?

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
northern_dave,

Great job on the deer camp and in teaching your kids to hunt. While not as big as their MN and WI cousins below is the WTB I took this fall. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks for allowin' me to post on your thread!

eh76

HEY!!! How in the hell did I miss this???!!!!
Nice going eh76!! That's a fine buck. About as perfect as they come too with character junk to boot! BTW, this buck would get hammered by 99.9% of the hunters in WI - myself included.

Congrats!

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, duh! How about 99.9999%! :-)

I would THINK anyway. It does shock me how... nerdy guys get about what is or isn't a trophy sometimes, so I could certainly be wrong!

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back from up north, Nice lookin meat pole Dave. Thought Id share a pic of a friend and his western Minnesota buck.

[Linked Image]

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hot DAMN you guys shoot big deer up there!

I'm gonna slink off and think about our little german-shepherd blacktails now...

VERY nice!

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hot damn swish!!

that thare deer got somethin wrong with his peepers? Are you gonna make us ask about it??

man, man oh man!! thanks for putting a little more thrill into my season with these pictures guys!! Hope I can see something like this yet, and hoping & remaining wishful is probably 80% of the fun in it aint it?

tell us bout them "blood shot eyes", por-favor...?

Something clever here.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Jeff_Olsen
Hot DAMN you guys shoot big deer up there!

I'm gonna slink off and think about our little german-shepherd blacktails now...

VERY nice!

-jeff

not all the blacktails around here are little jeff.

just the ones you shoot. grin grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blood shot eyes.........He must have REALLY been partying with the does the night before. WOW.

Nice buck.

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like the old joke... "... but ya f*ck ONE GOAT..."

I'll have to hold out for a TOAD for you next year, Bogger! And you better not hope you shoot a forkie! Heh heh.

How's your big deer eating? I don't know if it's the acorns (tons this year up here), or the fact that he was relaxed and bedded when I shot him, or what but my lil' forkie is the best venison burger I've ever had! Nutty and rich tasting. Hopefully, the old doe I shot will be just as good.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
havent ate much of him. But he's super tender and tastes better than any that I have killed in the past.

If I shoot a forkie next year, Ill be posting pics of a different rack.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't see a hole on the body. blood shot eyes...entrance and exit maybe... uncle did that once on a huge 8pt in Cotton, he never cared much for racks, it was either a buck or a doe.

Nice lookin' buck

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
looks like a double eye-otta-me procedure....

very tricky, rarely is it successfully performed.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This guy is a bird hunter, he just hunts deer to get some meat. Hunts with a shotgun. This big feller was shagged out of a slew, Ran buy one guy and got shot at 5 times, all misses. Ended up stopping out in front of Bob, all that was showing was his head. Being a bird hunter and a heavy sporting clay shooter, Bob needs a moving target (no sights on the gun but the front bead). So Bob settled down and waited a few min. When the deer decided to move, he swung on him and shot him in the head (at 45-50 Feet).

Slug went in above the right eye and shattered in the skull.

They found a slug under his hide in his right shoulder when skinning him, old healed war wound.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
crazy

hey, I failed to find ammo for my 300 wby last weekend but i found (4) 180 grain core lockts in my hunting tote tonight. 4 is enough to load & carry the 30 cal death ray. I'm off for the rest of the week, think I'll stay home tonight & try to make it out there early in the morning to sit in a stand, then do my firewood & road repair work mid day, then hunt the evening... sleep like heck, wake up like heck, hunt like heck & repeat till monday comes.

I'll bring other guns, but it will be a real treat carrying the reaper for a while out there... hopefully i can make it ring out with a BOOOOM-SMACK!!!!

later dudes.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Grogel,

That is a pig of a whitetail! Congrats! We don't have any acorns or any other mast for them to feed on. Just grass and alfalfa if they can find it!

eh76

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dave I do believe L&M in Bemidji has some yet. If I can I will swing by and check if ya want.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh heck drift, they got em on the shelf in the store I just came from in town. I just can't justify spendin 40 bucks on a box of WBY wammies when I'll be toting along 3 other bang sticks that shoot straight & have plenty of ammo to go along with them.

I don't need the 300 wby, the reaper... the slick actioned tuned triggered m70, glass bed, floated... 3.5-10 50mm FFII B-Plex.... BOOOOM! ok, maybe i do need it. And with the 4 shells I found, I will carry it for certain sittuations, for certain stands I may sit in. and the 4 shells will be just fine.

Hey boy, if you are checking this, I'll have 2 days of stink on you by the time you get up here friday night cause I'm going out at dark-30 in the morning tomorrow!!! I'm goin to the porkypine to see if I can catch that rutty-shmutty buck that's been tearing up the ground up there. Maybe I'll have horns hangin on the pole by the time you & gramps get up here. If the wind dies down in the morning they are gonna want to move after 3 days of high winds.

i'll try to fix the road by the gate, tell gramps I'll fix it so good even a chevy will make it through!!!

naw, better not tell him that or I'll have to put up with 2 days worth of ford bashing to even the score...

You go on out there & win your game, get your practice in on friday then get on up here cause i can't shoot all these timber goats by myself.

i'll have a light on for ya.

dave

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Do you have to pave the road so the Chevy can make it through.

I have a Chevy now...but that don't mean I like it:)

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey Boy...Good luck with your game!! Play like heck!

Hey Dave...Good luck with your hunt! Kill like heck!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 24 of 1,842 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.