Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Lezbaru. I think the Liberal state car for Colorado. And they are typically holding up traffic on the uphill portion of mountain passes.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Looking new or used?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brother just replaced his '99 CRV w/ 320,000K with a 2012 MDX I found for him. Much, much nicer vehicle.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My father in Law bought a 2013 Crosstrek. A few years later he figured out he needed to stop driving so he "gave" it to us, we still had to make the payments but it only had 45K on it and only owed $14k So it wasn't a bad deal. If asked what manufacturer I would be buying next, a Subaru wasn't on the radar at the time. I reluctantly began driving it. A couple of months later it snowed, which is rare in Georgia and usually causes chaos. Driving the 60 miles to the fire station that morning I was about the only vehicle on the road not hitting the ditches. I began actually liking the car. When I figured out I could go check my deer stands way back in the woods and this thing drove like a 4wd go kart, I really liked it. Then the daughter moved to Colorado and her KIA Cadenza wasn't going to cut it in the ice and snow, she took my Crosstrek. So yes, I like the Subarus. may not care for the associated stigma of being a dikemobile and the companies politics but the car is excellent. Not a rocket ship though. rather slow but I'm usually not in a big hurry.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have a friend that won’t buy anything else. She likes them a lot and has only had 2 in the 15 years I’ve known her. I’d say she only does maintenance when a “light” comes on and they’ve treated her well.

My wife has a Honda pilot and loves it. FWIW.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 348winchester
My father in Law bought a 2013 Crosstrek. A few years later he figured out he needed to stop driving so he "gave" it to us, we still had to make the payments but it only had 45K on it and only owed $14k So it wasn't a bad deal. If asked what manufacturer I would be buying next, a Subaru wasn't on the radar at the time. I reluctantly began driving it. A couple of months later it snowed, which is rare in Georgia and usually causes chaos. Driving the 60 miles to the fire station that morning I was about the only vehicle on the road not hitting the ditches. I began actually liking the car. When I figured out I could go check my deer stands way back in the woods and this thing drove like a 4wd go kart, I really liked it. Then the daughter moved to Colorado and her KIA Cadenza wasn't going to cut it in the ice and snow, she took my Crosstrek. So yes, I like the Subarus. may not care for the associated stigma of being a dikemobile and the companies politics but the car is excellent. Not a rocket ship though. rather slow but I'm usually not in a big hurry.

Drive a Forester. It's a little tank. Goes everywhere my 4WD F-150 used too, re: trails and backroads.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
She'll catch the gay!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Lezbaru. I think the Liberal state car for Colorado. And they are typically holding up traffic on the uphill portion of mountain passes.

The Teslas and Audi XC70/90 seem to be supplanting the Subarus in that catagory.

The Foresters have practically obsoleted the Outbacks around here, and did it in a very short time.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To add We currently own a Honda CRV, a Toyota 4Runner, the mentioned Subaru Crosstrek and we just bought a Mazda CX9 2 days ago. We are SUV poor We went to go buy a Lexus RX350 but after a month wait we were told it was going to be another month before it would arrive. The Mazda wasn't on the radar but it was available and nearly $30k less.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Lonny
My wife got a Forester in June and she and me love it. A lot of places we used to have to take the pickup due to rough roads/snow we now take the Subaru. Handles the road and snow great. Averages around 33-34 mpg all the time. Comfortable to drive and easy to see out of. Plenty of head room if you're over 6' tall, which much of the other vehicles we looked at didn't have. Not super quiet or anything, but with gravel road driving, it's not going to be quiet anyway. I'm sold on it.
Did you get a '23 Lonny?

Relative has a '16 and the best it gets is around 30 on the fwy, 27 or so around Flagstaff.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
Looking new or used?
Used we got 2 teens and unexpected 45 acre land payments

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My daughter is on her 2nd Subaru. The first one saved her life. The drunk that hit her in his Dodge truck died

I guess it depends what is important to you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by earlybrd
?

My ex had a Forester. Went in for an oil change one day and came home with an Outback. Much better vehicle for travel - drives better, rides better. I liked hers so much I bought my own (2018 Touring). Had it for a whopping 6 months and some gal decided to park her Ford minivan in the right front fender at 40 mph. Hit it so hard it knocked the engine and transmission out of their mounts. I walked away with a bruise on the top of my left foot from hitting the brake pedal. My only gripe with that car was that it seemed a bit underpowered when I need to pass someone, especially semis. Replaced that with a 2020 Onyx edition, with the turbo. Don't have any trouble passing any longer. This new vehicle has the touchscreen dash, and sometimes it's slow to load up the electronics - I can be a block down the street before the radio starts up. Good little car otherwise. Kinda handy for bird hunting as it saves a ton of gas when I'm headed to other parts of the state, plus plenty of room for my gear and the pup. Seems to do okay in ND's ice and snow, though I will say that I don't do too much four wheeling in it....

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
Looking new or used?
Used we got 2 teens and unexpected 45 acre land payments

I picked up a Lexus GX470 for the wife and it is a blast. They’re kind of sleepers as most people don’t look for them but they have a small solid following. The new model is the GX460. Everywhere else in the world they’re sold as a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado. It’s built on the same frame as the 4Runner or FJ Cruiser so there is plenty of aftermarket support. They have a V8 so don’t get fantastic gas mileage. The nice thing is buying them from luxury car owners is they’re often well taken care of. With 5 kids the third row comes in handy.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I got an Outback Wilderness and love it.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
RuPaul is said to like them.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Traveler52
[bleep] Subaru. Big supporter of left wing causes.
Including Anti gun animal rights

This^^^^^^^^^^^^

I won't even consider them, good, bad or indifferent.

But unfortunately, most manufacturers are pretty woke & you have to deal with someone.

I just had to buy a vehicle, went with a Toyota 4-Runner Pro.

MM

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm

The Teslas and Audi XC70/90 seem to be supplanting the Subarus in that catagory.

The Foresters have practically obsoleted the Outbacks around here, and did it in a very short time.

Huh?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Subarus aren't SUV's. They're capable soccer mom and lesbian haulers.

That being said............ Gal I know (and straight......go figger) has a ne '22 Forester and absolutely LOVES it. Really good MPG. Safety ratings are pretty high, too.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Our driveway is fearful to normal people 4wd is a must

We live on one of those homesteads and are on our 5th Subaru. When the roads are bad they go like things are fine and do better than a lot of 4WD's I have driven. I wouldn't have my daughter or wife in anything else on bad roads. I wasn't a fan until I had reluctantly owned one for a winter.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (17CalFan, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 1936M71, 49 invisible), 2,049 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,145
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.