Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by granitestate1
I wonder how much real estate taxes will go down, since they don't have to fund all those schools anymore.
zero....none

Damn I was hoping to finally get my https://www.accuracyinternational.com/

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Government employees should not be allowed to be in a union.

Yep

So you 2 don't like living in free country

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by granitestate1
I wonder how much real estate taxes will go down, since they don't have to fund all those schools anymore.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Teachers are a HUGE part of what wrong with the country.................the last 2 generations would have been almost as far ahead to have not gone to public schools, otherwise known as propaganda camps.

MM

I think that the majority of teachers are good people with good intentions, but they are working under very restrictive rules and changing student demographics.

Many school districts are like human cattle chutes, with teachers herding the kids through regardless of how well or how poorly they do. The objective is to move them through the system, not to insure that they are at least marginally competent in the 3R's. Also, the number of kids born to single mothers and living in single parent homes has had a huge negative impact on education. People used to look at education as the best way to advance up the social hierarchy, not so much anymore. Even if schools could require kids to repeat classes that they had failed, they won't because of the negative stigma. Kids are set up for failure because of the "everybody is a winner" philosophy.

^^^Colossal dumb fugk/Biden supporter.^^^

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
So many families being strengthened ! Home schooling doesn’t just help kids it brings the whole family together.

I don't know what the word for this statement is.... delusional comes to mind.

I've hired several of these "home school" products. Every one was completely, utterly worthless on the job. No impulse control. Lousy working in a group setting. Whiney. Tardiness. Absenteeism. Every. Single. One. I'm sure there's good ones out there, but my experience with "home schooling" is such that we will not hire anyone that was "home schooled".

Lots of home schooling in Alaska and thr home schooled score in the top 1 to 2% in the country

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwp475
So many families being strengthened ! Home schooling doesn’t just help kids it brings the whole family together.

I've hired several of these "home school" products. Every one was completely, utterly worthless on the job. No impulse control. Lousy working in a group setting. Whiney. Tardiness. Absenteeism. Every. Single. One. I'm sure there's good ones out there, but my experience with "home schooling" is such that we will not hire anyone that was "home schooled".

Lots of home schooling in Alaska and thr home schooled score in the top 1 to 2% in the country

Home schooling seems to be good or not so good depending on what the approved curriculum is and what the actual expectations are. I know people in northern New England who have embraced Ben Hewitt's philosophy of "unschooling" from his book HOME GROWN and have had more poor outcomes than good ones for a lot of the same reasons that Dutch cited in his post. Some parents are competent teachers and will hold their kids to a high standard, but most don't seem to have the will to do what is right, but not necessarily easy. Tough love is tough, but often not easy.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Agreed

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

^^^^This^^^^

When the AFL (American Federation of Labor) and the CIO (Congress of Industrial Organizations) combined ,(1930's ?) to make the AFL-CIO, they elected George Meany as it's first president.
George Meany and FDR (d) both agreed that union had no place in the public sector.

JFK (d) signed a bill into law that allowed government employees to unionize.

COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
It is appropriate in the private sector, where workers bargain with private, profit-making corporations, NOT the tax paying citizenry - and where market forces provide an independent check on both sides demands.
In the public sector, however, it means higher cost, lower efficiency and, worst of all, less democracy.

Executive Order 10988 is a United States presidential executive order issued by President John F. Kennedy on January 17, 1962 that granted federal employees the right to collective bargaining. This executive order was a breakthrough for public sector workers, who were not protected under the 1935 Wagner Act.

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 01/09/23.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

that sounds like a lot of government schooled kids i have had to work with in factories for the past 35 years

NRA Life Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by SCRUBS

Truth.

Well, being in a government union is equal to pisssing up a rope. It's against federal law to strike which I believe is unconstitutional. Just ask the air traffic controllers when they struck and that S.O,B, Ronnie Raygun fired them en mass. Without the ability to strike, a union is rather powerless. I was the shop steward for my office for 20 years and I handled gripes and serious grievances on a regular basis. A few went from the office to the regional office. Of the many times I had to get involved, I only lost one. I had the time in so I could bail anytime, and that's what I did. We had a new boss that was a Phd and he thought that anyone that did not have a degree was worthless. I kind of kept up with things after leaving and he literally drove every non-degreed employee into early retirement. Kind of sorry I didn't stick around. I believe I could have made life quite miserable for that POS.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Originally Posted by SCRUBS

Truth.

Well, being in a government union is equal to pisssing up a rope. It's against federal law to strike which I believe is unconstitutional. Just ask the air traffic controllers when they struck and that S.O,B, Ronnie Raygun fired them en mass. Without the ability to strike, a union is rather powerless. I was the shop steward for my office for 20 years and I handled gripes and serious grievances on a regular basis. A few went from the office to the regional office. Of the many times I had to get involved, I only lost one. I had the time in so I could bail anytime, and that's what I did. We had a new boss that was a Phd and he thought that anyone that did not have a degree was worthless. I kind of kept up with things after leaving and he literally drove every non-degreed employee into early retirement. Kind of sorry I didn't stick around. I believe I could have made life quite miserable for that POS.
PJ

If any SOB ever made my life miserable, it was a POS local chairman.
Sold the entire craft down the river. Company bought them off....nation wide!

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U

Agreed, and in some states they can’t generate collective bargaining(NC and SC being a couple).

Edited to note that this only applies to state/local government employees. I think the fed employees still can form unions for collective bargaining

Last edited by UNCCGrad; 01/09/23.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 44 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.