Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone remember it? Had some truly tear-jerking life stories.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A wealthy friend of my sister, almost made it on stage.!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I remember it. But not much about it…

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Faintly remember it!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I remember it. But not much about it…

Same

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I thought this was going to be a show about some sexually confused males. Hmmmm.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I’ld rather be a King for the Day……

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Was that on after Queer Eye? lol

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I nominate Schtick for the Campfire "Queen for a Day!"

There is a few others who would be my first nomination, but I can see them to start crying..

Besides Schtick loves the attention....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Yup. That was when folks enjoyed seeing someone's life get better.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Queen for a day: fat woman has her Christmas presents stolen -> give her $100 on TV

When I was a kid, that was bad TV.

Good TV was donald duck.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My mother and grandmother would watch it and cry at the women's stories. TV in that time period was Negro and queer free, helluva lot better than today's junk.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It was a "competition" of which woman had the biggest sob story. I always suspected that a lot of it was just made up and the first liar didn't stand a chance. The "winner" got to sit on a throne, wear a crown and got a dozen roses, plus a cash prize. A queen; for about five minutes. Then went right back to being whatever poor drudge she claimed to be.

The 50s were not all that great, despite the glowing tales you hear. The effects of the war were still being felt, there was a severe housing shortage, lots of goods were impossible to get, and terrible diseases like scarlet fever and polio killed children right and left.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I knew a guy 25 years ago who went on Gerry Springer live, and told me it was all fake and scripted.

Big handsome well spoken PhD in psychology....he could have been on Monty Hall's LETS MAKE A DEAL.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Used to watch it with my grandmother when I'd go visit her in the '50's and thought it was hilarious. After the applause meter pegged out on her "my old man done left me with six children" sob story, two babes would snatch the woman up and shove her on the "throne". After throwing a big Elvis robe on the contestant. one babe would then slam a huge goofy crown on the woman's head while the other would smack her in the chest with a big bouquet of fake roses. The show would then bestow the usual cheap washer/dryer combo and the piece de resistance, a half pint of Jungle Gardena perfume, which could also be used as roach killer, as bad as it smelled. I thought this was great comedy as a 6 year old. Them were the days.

5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It was a "competition" of which woman had the biggest sob story....

Sort of like some Campfire threads.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Some, not all. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=RockyRaab]It was a "competition" of which woman had the biggest sob story. I always suspected that a lot of it was just made up and the first liar didn't stand a chance. The "winner" got to sit on a throne, wear a crown and got a dozen roses, plus a cash prize. A queen; for about five minutes. Then went right back to being whatever poor drudge she claimed to be.

The 50s were not all that great, despite the glowing tales you hear. The effects of the war were still being felt, there was a severe housing shortage, lots of goods were impossible to get, and terrible diseases like scarlet fever and polio killed children right and left.[quote]

My Mom always listened to that on the radio, no TV for us until about 1960 , by then I was long gone.

Totally agree with you on the 50's not being the best of times. In my remote little town in Wyoming, many people still lived in Great Depression conditions, including my family.

In later years, when things had got a little better, my Mom was fond of saying "The only good thing about the Good Old Days is that they're gone"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It was a "competition" of which woman had the biggest sob story. I always suspected that a lot of it was just made up and the first liar didn't stand a chance. The "winner" got to sit on a throne, wear a crown and got a dozen roses, plus a cash prize. A queen; for about five minutes. Then went right back to being whatever poor drudge she claimed to be.

The 50s were not all that great, despite the glowing tales you hear. The effects of the war were still being felt, there was a severe housing shortage, lots of goods were impossible to get, and terrible diseases like scarlet fever and polio killed children right and left.

It was only blacks and POC’s kids dying, we all had white privilege.

Swifty
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 3,262 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.