Print Thread
Hop To
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I get a Fed Ex e-notice that I have a pkg that has an" incomplete address, and delivery failure". I'm supposed to go to the site, update my address, and pay a charge - a "customs" charge.... within the US....

The only thing I have outstanding is an order from MidwaUSA, which is a reorder of something that I canceled/refunded several days ago, only to have the original arrive the next day (5 weeks after original order was placed, filled & submitted to Fed Ex. - note to Alaskans- pay the damned shipping charges- do not go for the "free shipping" - they use Fed Ex/Mail Innovations for that - pretty incompetent apparently/worthless up here). As a collaborative UPS!!! (see below post)/ USPS/ "Mail Innovations" compromise to cut Midways' shipping costs, it works about like you would expect.... Live and learn.

Might work better throughout lower 48.

The notice looks official, but the timing, among other things is suspect. The address (if Midway used the updated one) has my name, street address of PO, "unit" (box) number (in PO) , city, state, zip-code. What could be incomplete? Plus they want a $1.96 or some such in "customs fee". Yeah right!

The address that apparently caused the problem with the first order had only name, POB, city, state, zip - how hard could it be (5 weeks hard, apparently!). If they f'd-up and used the original street-less addy, I should still get it. Eventually. I did the last one.

Anyway- I 'm nott going to respond to this by providing info, or $. I think it is a scam. Word to you.

The notice is out of TN, Midway is in MO, but that doesn't mean much with the routing BS. If I get the order in 4-5 weeks or sooner, fine - I'll send it back and get $44 refunded. I have the shipping label already. If not, I'm out $44 for the second order (I paid the first original cost, again, after the refund) Midway honored the original order free shipping, even less the two items now out of stock, but no more "free shipping" for me!. Not from them. I learn slow, but sometimes do learn....

There's always a catch..... smile

Last edited by las; 01/11/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
scam

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, scam.

There was another thread about this, yesterday, or Monday.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I got one the other day that was USPS, said needed additional address info for a package I was waiting on. It looked real just like post office, I mean exact. I clicked on it and my iPad did an auto fill then I realized they were asking for a credit card number. Looked at the html and realized it had an extra letter, used the last training I got from work before I retired last year. We had a really good class on fake websites, scammers etc.

This USPS scam trying to get my credit card number was the best id ever seen. I bet a lot of people fell for it.

Thanks, Billy
V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Yep, Scam

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scam.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Solicitation for personal information, for any reason, by text or email is almost always a scam. Like 99 times out of 100.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I actually got 2 similar BS e mails recently.......

Reported them to yahoo as spam......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could be that Ukrainian bride that you thought about but didn't order..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Could always call fedex

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Scam,

I text them back asking who they sent the message too.

Or.

Having checked my records, i do not have any orders outstanding. Please verify the address you have on record and what is being shipped.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got a very similar e mail 3 weeks ago referencing Fed EX. Bogus.

I reported as spam and informed my provider.

-Ken

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DON'T even open these, let alone send any type of answer.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Could be that Ukrainian bride that you thought about but didn't order..

I guess I didn't send the air fare. And after those naked pictures too. Mine, not hers.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Click the sender name a couple of times and the sending address will come up. Usually something like peeksboobobbysdairyfarmandmortuary,org

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When i receive a text message, if comes from a phone number.

So i text back asking who they are.

So doing an internet search, i am able to find who has the phone number. I do this before. As who they are or looking for.

If I receive a response, then it time to ask for a current picture, when you get the picture, I asked for a second picture of the person holding a current drivers license.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Occasionally a text, usually an email. Average better than one/week from UPS, Fed ex, Amazon and others.

Actual phone call from fake Amazon a couple weeks ago. They wanted me to "verify" my CC number as they claimed someone was trying to make purchases with my card.

I went round and round with her on the phone for a while, refusing to provide any info until she was going to hand me off to a "supervisor".

I hung up at that point and called Amazon. No problems with my account! And "We do not make phone calls. If we need to contact a customer, it will be Email. If you get a phone call from Amazon, it is a scam."

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Y'all buying too much chit.............gettin' these massages

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1936M71, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,803
Posts18,496,365
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.