Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by irfubar
Ya'll don't understand the "modern" woman it's all about her and her wants... you are simply a paycheck to them.
The more you try for happy wife , happy life the more of your life blood they will drain out of you!!
Now the gals not from the current generation, had some very good ones that made fine life partners.... today? good luck with that

Yes, guys in their 20's-30's , >needle in a haystack chance.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Yep! For today’s woman it’s simply a business decision.
The word “No” is the best word in the English language. If you say no you can always negotiate. If you say yes all you can do is hope there’s no sand in the Vaseline.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I guess I am lucky.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by EdM
I guess I am lucky.

Lucky? No. Luck had nothing to do with it.

Did she pay for all that stuff, or was it paid for with your hard work?

She's just smart enough to realize there isn't a snowballs chance in Hell she could ever do better that you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I think it’s harder for a female to find a good man than a man to find a good woman, especially as a woman gets older.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by EdM
I guess I am lucky.

She's just smart enough to realize there isn't a snowballs chance in Hell she could ever do better that you.

It seems that you are valuing the wage earner's work over that of the homemaker. In terms of a happy and successful family I am not so sure this is true. All marriages involve the union of two imperfect people, because no other kind exist. Like you must also, I know many happily married couples. It does not appear that they are constantly looking to "trade up". How do you possibly know EdM's situation well enough to offer such an analysis?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will never judge a man that does what he thinks he needs to to to make his marriage work. Especially if he has kids.

Period.
End of story.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'll stick with what I have. She definitely doesn't look like she once did, but after being married 36 years and a couple of kids she easily fits into her wedding dress. I tell my kids, if you're not happy the majority of the time, it's time move along. Never been much of a yes dear type of guy, but being best friends she knows that I have her back.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by EdM
I guess I am lucky.

It seems that you are valuing the wage earner's work over that of the homemaker. In terms of a happy and successful family I am not so sure this is true. All marriages involve the union of two imperfect people, because no other kind exist. Like you must also, I know many happily married couples. It does not appear that they are constantly looking to "trade up". How do you possibly know EdM's situation well enough to offer such an analysis?

Without the "wage earner" there would be no homemaker..... without a home maker there will still be a wage earner... get it?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by EdM
I guess I am lucky.

Oh for Christ's sakes.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by EdM
I guess I am lucky.

Very lucky! And I’m right there beside you two. My wife enjoys hunting and fishing at least as much as I do. In fact this past deer season she killed two bucks and I didn’t even hunt. She even helps skin, butcher, and process the meat. Almost 44 years and counting for us.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Depends on what people want. If a wage earner wants to reproduce , and have offspring raised at home by a mother caregiver, he needs a true homemaker. And in my opinion those roles can have mutual respect for each other.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Take a look around and realize women built half of everything you see, roads/powergrid/bridges/homes/autos/train/planes/skyscapers/food production/gas-oil production/+++++ show a little appreciation ya bunch of male chauvinist pigs !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by EdM
I guess I am lucky.

Oh for Christ's sakes.
Man, I thought bitter, old scorned women were bad!
They got nothing on some guys around here.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by EdM
I guess I am lucky.

Oh for Christ's sakes.

[Linked Image from drugs.com]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by ol_mike
WMR = CUCK
I do not see such evidence in WMR's response, which compliments your choice based on the strongly stated personal views/values provided in your post. Based on your stated position, WMR seems to think that you have made the correct choice(s) for yourself. That seems rational, and polite.

Would you care to educate us with your solid evidence for what you labeled WMR?

""Based on my stated position"" ?? my stated position is I'm not going to be led around by my nose by a woman. 90+% of my friends/acquaintances ARE led through life being dominated by their wife. 99% of them will never admit it, but they'll say happy wife happy life.
This same bunch thinks I'm a jerk towards women, I'm not,. I merely - early on, nicely, let women know to not start trying to change the way I live my life. I give them hordes of freedom, go do whatever you want whenever you want. < That's not what they want, they want to mold a man into being their puppet who takes them places, pays , drives, etc. etc. .

Story: when I moved to Kennesaw, Georgia I met a woman -Misty, she's flirting pretty heavy, looks good works-out etc.. I see her at the Golds gym. Divorced once. She asks why I've never married, I tell her because women always try and change me, they want me to be there with them to do the kind of things ''they like''.
She proclaims shes not like that, she thinks my hobbies lifestyle are ok. I said, do you try and change guys? >No - I don't..
I told her I wasn't interested in going to bars and being out partying to the wee hours of the morning, I got that out of my system in my 20's. 42 years old then, she 37.
She said she was married then and didn't ''get to do that'', I said yeah well you can't always have your cake and eat it too.
So we go on a date, 7pm movie, late dinner, she then mentions a couple of late night places [places where 20 year olds hang out]. I didn't bother to reply thinking she would remember what I had told her previously, NOPE, now it's PLEASE just a little while. She couldn't make it through the first date without trying to get her way. Wanting to go to a place called The Underground, a late night club built under 285? highway, $40ish to get in the door.

I continued going out with her for about two months, telling her weekly that if she wants to go to those places go ahead and go.
She went to monster mountain m/x track once and a track-day at tallahdega gp motorcycle track, scowl of face both times. Comments like, I really don't see what you get out of this stuff, I'd just laugh and remind her that she said she wouldn't try and change me and my hobbies, scowl on face.
She informed me ''we need to talk'' smile she didn't want to date me any longer, I smiled and said I agree we're not compatible.
Did she realize she did everything I said women do?? hale-no I don't think they think like that.
Well, that's quite a bit of info on your stated position and your experiences. OK. But, I simply asked for the evidence (about him) you used when you labeled another guy here.

Playing the odds and his wording.

Posted by Bristoe
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sound like a bunch of guys who miss their mommies and don't get the attention they think they deserve.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by EdM
I guess I am lucky.

Oh for Christ's sakes.
Man, I thought bitter, old scorned women were bad!
They got nothing on some guys around here.

The bitter old scorned women are that way because as they aged, their psycho bitch ways were not effective anymore.... bitter old men are that way from a lifetime of tolerating the psycho bitch then losing most everything in the end via divorce court. You tell me which one is justified?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by EdM
I guess I am lucky.

In every classic Disney fairy tale, who does the female protagonist after? Is it some broke dude? No, it's the prince, literally the future owner of EVERYTHING.

Ed got the girl he wants not because of luck, but because of the hard work that lead to his success. And, if for what ever reason, the two of them should part ways, it's Ed who's in the better position for an upgrade, not her, and she knows it. She has the best man she can get, so her hypergamy's satisfied, and Ed seems content with his situation, so it's a win for both of them, providing of course, he maintains his status.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

368 members (219 Wasp, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,834
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.