Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
wyo1895 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I got a letter from the Utah Gun Collectors Association saying that they are now defunct. I had been showing my collection there for the last 15 or so years. Up until a few years ago they had 4 shows a year. The number of shows dropped to 2 a few years ago. The number of tables sold decreased and the attendance of spectators decreased. The letter said they were losing money and had a hard time putting on the show due to the ageing and deaths of some of the people who put on the show.
I also noticed that the Colorado Gun Collectors Association didn't have as many tables or spectators for the last 2 shows.
Are you guys seeing this trend at your shows?

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

GB1

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Gun shows around here are a shadow of what they were 15+ years ago. I hardly ever go anymore, because it isn't worth the gas and entry fee.

wyo1895 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The only non collector gun show I go to is in Rock Springs. It's much smaller and held less often than a few years ago.

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I think they'll end up pulling the plug on the couple closest to here in the next decade or so... they've been on life support for a long time. One is maybe 50% the size it used to be, and the other one is a lot worse off than that.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Our local big one, the Maryland Arms Collector Association (the "Baltimore Show") stopped for Covid reasons, but upon re-starting it has been as big as ever. Not as big as Tulsa, but of the same caliber and it still takes all day just to traverse it from one side to the other and then go back and cherry pick stuff. Poconojack, Triple Deuce, Joe Martin, Pugs, et al have joined me in wearing out shoe leather there. This year I'm sharing a table at the show with a local buddy who's weaseled his way into the hierarchy of the Association. Worth a trip if you're within striking distance of Baltimore, third weekend in March.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

wyo1895 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Glad to hear that show is alive and well. Way too far away for me to attend.

wyo1895
[email protected]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KC show (MO Vally) went from 2 to 1 several years back. Number of tables and attendees dropping compared to years gone by. Still a good collector show.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pa still has some really good shows.

Va still has some decent shows, not as good or, as big, or as many as Pa though.

Syracuse show in NY used to be really good. Haven't been in years though.

Biggest change in my lifetime as been the people selling beef jerky, Chinese knives, swords, throwing stars and flashlights. And don't forget the guy that wants to clean your glasses.

Never saw that sheet at gun shows in the old days.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A few of us are going to the Albany show Randy if you were thinking about going. Hoping to make it to the Baltimore show also Gary.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 99guy

Va still has some decent shows, not as good or, as big, or as many as Pa though.

Biggest change in my lifetime as been the people selling beef jerky, Chinese knives, swords, throwing stars and flashlights. And don't forget the guy that wants to clean your glasses.

Virtually none of that sheet at Tulsa. Hope they can hold the line, I want to go back again.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
North Carolina Gun Collectors show held twice a year is going well. Table numbers are limited by too small a facility. Always full. South Carolina Collectors show is also doing well with 8 or more every year.

wyo1895 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Darrel, glad to hear that the South Carolina show is doing well. As you know I attended a number of their shows when I had the Winter home in Georgia.

wyo1895
[email protected]

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by 99guy

There’s always something special at Syracuse.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Rick,
In my opinion the Missouri Valley Arms is double the show Tulsa's spring show is. You will spend maybe 45 seconds a table in Tulsa trying to scan something worth looking at. The Kansas City show is an experience of quality, not quantity. Mike

B
B
David,
I have not missed the Colorado Show but once in the past 15 years. I wasn't to happy about last year, but I thing is Greeley is alot better place to have the show, I been there to several Ag. conventions over the years and always been happy. I usually go to Grand Junction,Co . and Vernal Ut Shows, I need to try Rocky Springs its just 140 miles and no services.
Bill

I promote the wise use of all natural resources and the multiple use of all Federal Lands
wyo1895 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I hope Greely is better. I won't be displaying there. The trip home in the rain from Colorado Springs ruined my display. I had to put it in the back of the truck since some a hole stole my trailer from the parking lot. The display requires many hours of work to create and I just don't have the energy to build it again.
I'll be selling copies of my new book at Greely.

wyo1895
[email protected]

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,464 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,306
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.